PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana for Dummies: No Insult Intended

Psycho4Bud
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
(MOLALLA, Ore.) - As the only medical marijuana physician in the world who takes questions on the subject on an ongoing basis, Dr. Phil Leveque of Salem-News.com provided this latest round of answers for a college student in California who is doing a term report on medical marijuana.

We thought many of the questions however general, are good examples of the wide-ranging curiosity of Americans when it comes to this medical treatment that is emerging and historic at the same time. It is especially interesting to note that until the 1930's, cannabis based medicines were dominant in the U.S. and abroad. It took a couple of well backed American businesses, one staunch politician, and a media group to cast a spell on marijuana use through the press and one memorable movie that was extremely effective called "Reefer Madness."

It is important to realize that laws on medical marijuana vary from state to state and that at this point in time, the federal government still fails to recognize its legitimacy as a medical treatment. The real truth is that the federal government has recognized medical marijuana in the past and there are still a handful of federal medical marijuana patients who were grandfathered into the new federal position. Their marijuana is grown for them at the University of Mississippi.
Medical Marijuana for Dummies: No Insult Intended - Salem-News.Com (http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february072008/leveque_12508.php)

Click on the link.......some good question and answer that was just a bit to lengthy to post.

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

beachguy in thongs
02-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks, Psycho! I'll definitely print it up for my father. He's on a lot of prescription meds.

I think he needs to try Pot for the first time in his 65-year-old-Lithuanian life.

Storm Crow
02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Turn him on the the link below! Ought to convince even his Lithuanian mind! And tell him my hubby is 66 and I'm just a few years behind and we both use on a daily basis. Cannabis is not just for kids! We older folk need it to deal with our aches and pains! - Granny:hippy:

psteve
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Phil LeVeque is my HERO!
MySpace.com - Dr. Phil "Dogface" Leveque - 84 - Male - Portland, Oregon - www.myspace.com/drleveque (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=227434934)

beachguy in thongs
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Turn him on the the link below! Ought to convince even his Lithuanian mind! And tell him my hubby is 66 and I'm just a few years behind and we both use on a daily basis. Cannabis is not just for kids! We older folk need it to deal with our aches and pains! - Granny:hippy:

I've been through your link, and, trust me, he's getting his cannab-info. :)

vej33
02-26-2008, 11:43 PM
This guy rules.

I knew before the 1930s marijauna wasn't illegal, but i had NO idea it was legitimately USED as medicine.

Can you imagine how different all of history after the 1930s would hav been, if Cannabis was never outlawed?

We may already have those fucking flying cars, because then HEMP would still be legal, and hemp is like the miracle of all plants.

I get so angry when I think about what kind of world we are prohibited from having.

ijustloveweed
02-27-2008, 03:18 AM
This guy rules.

I knew before the 1930s marijauna wasn't illegal, but i had NO idea it was legitimately USED as medicine.

Can you imagine how different all of history after the 1930s would hav been, if Cannabis was never outlawed?

We may already have those fucking flying cars, because then HEMP would still be legal, and hemp is like the miracle of all plants.

I get so angry when I think about what kind of world we are prohibited from having.

hell yeah man, i totally agree, look up that henry ford HEMP car that he smashes with a sledgehammer and it doesn't even dent