PDA

View Full Version : 1st time user. I have 4 questions for ya.

Gyakuzuki
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Q1: When the pot turns brown, you don't use it anymore in the vap right? So how brown are we talking about? Like chocolate brown? I can still see a tinge of green - is it still good to use in the vap?

Q2: Anyone else get cotton mouth? I don't usually get this dry when I use my pipe.

Q3: Does it take longer to get high than using a pipe? I feel that I get higher quicker when I use a pipe.

Q4: How long does your high last compared to not using a vaporizer?

ninevolt99
02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Q1: When the pot turns brown, you don't use it anymore in the vap right? So how brown are we talking about? Like chocolate brown? I can still see a tinge of green - is it still good to use in the vap?

Q2: Anyone else get cotton mouth? I don't usually get this dry when I use my pipe.

Q3: Does it take longer to get high than using a pipe? I feel that I get higher quicker when I use a pipe.

Q4: How long does your high last compared to not using a vaporizer?

1. i usually keep smoking the stuff in a vap til its ashy, but that's a lightbulb vape.
2. i don't get cotton mouth as bad with the vape, but it really does depend on a lot of things, I don't know why i do sometimes and sometimes I don't.
3. i dont think it takes quicker to get high, it doesn't seem to get that door-in-the-face feeling when i'm smoking on a vape.
4. i think the high lasts longer, but I usually get a lot higher on a vape, so it's gonna last longer, of course.
:hippy:

phlups
02-03-2008, 02:12 PM
1. It depends how much you wanna get out of it. The darker brown it is, the higher the temp you have used but the more you have extracted out of it. The higher the temp, the more bad chemicals are released though. Personally, mine is not dark but not light. I only vape as high as 375F when I'm finishing it off.
2. Yes, I get cotton mouth too.
3. Vaping is a different high. I find it takes a little longer, especially since it really creeps up on you. But I find the high to be all in my head, instead of the full body high you get from smoking. This just goes to show you what smoking the bad stuff does to your body. Give it a few weeks. It takes a little getting used to. I still miss the full body high sometimes but if I need it that badly, then I'll break out the bong. My lungs feel so good now that it's hard to smoke now. It just tastes disgusting. I've been vaping for about 2 months.
4. I find the high lasts longer with a vape. I think it's because more canabanoids are released and you get much more THC when you vape. Burning it wastes a lot of THC. I have also found that although the "head high" that I get lasts longer, there's no body high, so it kinda makes me feel like i'm sobering out quicker. Hope that makes sense.

I have the Herbalaire and can't say enough good things about it. I have tried the Vapor Brothers style of whip vape but really had a hard time with it. You can check out my Herbalaire review in this forum. Make sure you have a good vape. I would suggest the Herbalaire or the Volcano (although it's crazy expensive). The vapor unit you get really makes a difference in your vaping experience. Welcome to the world of vaping!

TheCheat1
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
3. Vaping is a different high. I find it takes a little longer, especially since it really creeps up on you. But I find the high to be all in my head, instead of the full body high you get from smoking. This just goes to show you what smoking the bad stuff does to your body. Give it a few weeks. It takes a little getting used to. I still miss the full body high sometimes but if I need it that badly, then I'll break out the bong.

I have a question, since I just bought a vape. Even if you have a strong indica, you don't feel a good body high?

vapefiend
02-04-2008, 01:01 AM
So how brown are we talking about?

It should be a fairly dark brown but not dark enough to be mistaken for black.

I don't usually get this dry when I use my pipe.

You're getting more dry air than with smoking, so yeah. Better than ash mouth though. :D

I feel that I get higher quicker when I use a pipe.

Yeah the body tends to process smoke faster than vapor.

How long does your high last compared to not using a vaporizer?

A lot of people feel a smoke high lasts longer, but part of that is some toxins that produce the couchlock feeling that's generally considered part of the high. I certainly don't think that THC lasts longer with smoke, and like phlups said, less THC is lost with vapor. As for cannabinoids, some are released at such a high temp that you'd have to expose yourself to a lot of those toxins a lot of vapers try to avoid. So only if you vape up around 400F do you get most of the cannabinoids that come with smoke.

Even if you have a strong indica, you don't feel a good body high?

The strain does make a difference, but less than it does with smoking. And I don't agree that vapor only gives a head high. It gets to the same place that smoke does. The body relief I get with vapor is just as good. I really believe that most of the perceived difference is due to the lack of stupor inducing toxins.