PDA

View Full Version : ILLINOIS TO VOTE ON MEDICAL MARIJUNAN LAW NEXT WEEK

crystal clear pepsi
02-17-2005, 04:21 AM
IL State Rep./Former LA Cop Takes On One-Time Fed Over Medical Marijuana
Legislation to allow patients in need to have access to medical marijuana has been introduced in the Illinois legislature. The bill, House Bill 407, " Creates the Medical Cannabis Act. Provides that a person who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition and the person's primary caregiver may be issued a registry identification card by the Department of Human Services that permits the person or the person's primary caregiver to legally possess no more than 12 cannabis plants and two and one-half ounces of usable cannabis. Provides that a person who possesses a registry identification card is not subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denial of any right or privilege, including civil penalty or disciplinary action by a professional licensing board, for the medical use of cannabis; provided that the qualifying patient or primary caregiver possesses an amount of cannabis that does not exceed 12 cannabis plants and two and one-half ounces of usable cannabis. Amends the Cannabis Control Act to make conforming changes consistent with the Medical Cannabis Act."

HB407 was introduced by IL State Rep. Larry McKeon, a former Los Angeles police officer. As the State Journal-Register reported on Feb. 9, 2005 ( "Medical Marijuana Issue Heats Up"), "McKeon sponsored a similar proposal a year ago that allowed six cannabis plants and 1 ounce of usable cannabis. That measure was banished to a subcommittee of the House Health Care Availability and Access Committee. This year, McKeon's legislation is slated for the House Human Services Committee. 'I want to move it out of committee to the House floor and then hold it on the House floor until we've had a reasonable amount of time to do the education and outreach to get further feedback,' McKeon said."

Opposition to the bill is being led by Andrea Barthwell, a former official in the federal Office of National Drug Control Policy. According to the State Journal-Register, "As a state lawmaker pushes his proposal to legalize medical-use marijuana, a former drug-policy adviser to President Bush is touring Illinois lecturing against the practice. The conflict reached a head this week, when Rep. Larry McKeon, D-Chicago, challenged Dr. Andrea Barthwell to a public debate about medical marijuana. Barthwell declined the challenge. 'I have no need to engage in street theater,' she said. McKeon charged that Barthwell's seminars appear to be a smear campaign against his proposal. The lawmaker - who is living with AIDS - said House Bill 407 attempts to improve the quality of life for terminally ill patients struggling with the debilitating side effects of chemotherapy and other treatments. 'This is about dealing with health problems that traditional medications have failed at,' McKeon said."

The conflict over this measure is understandably becoming personal. The Belleville News-Democrat reported on Feb. 9, 2005 ("Former Federal Drug Policy Official Warns Of Marijuana") that "'Barthwell is spreading so many falsehoods that this begins to look like a 'marijuana disinformation tour,'' McKeon said. 'She regularly claims that medical marijuana is a 'hoax' foisted upon us by some cabal of 'legalizers' who are exploiting patients. As a person living with AIDS, who has spent a lot of time discussing this issue with doctors, nurses and fellow patients, I know that's false and I am personally insulted by this smear campaign.' House Bill 0407, currently under review by the House Human Services Committee, would allow people with a debilitating illness to legally possess no more than 12 marijuana plants and carry 2 1/2 ounces of marijuana. A similar bill is in the Senate. Illinois already has a law allowing licensed physicians to research the medicinal use of marijuana and protects participants from prosecution. Ten states now have laws to protect medical marijuana patients. The most recent was passed in Montana in November. 'Marijuana helps many people with HIV and AIDS by easing their nausea, boosting their appetite and helping them stay on their medications,' McKeon said. 'I've seen medical marijuana help others and know that many physicians recommend it. I don't know if I will ever need medical marijuana, but no one battling a life-threatening illness should face arrest and jail for simply trying to stay alive.'"

robert42
02-17-2005, 02:26 PM
ITS COMING....

THE TIME.......

IS
.... HERE....#

PREPARE

LEGALIZATION IS COMING

Reefer Rogue
02-17-2005, 11:00 PM
i think i just read an article saying that they decided not to legalize it. 4-7 il link the article.

http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread20256.shtml

sugarmagnolia
02-17-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah two bad news about my state. Some lake county grower (bout 30 minutes from my house) was arrested with 15 million worth. and house denied the bill.

Delta9
02-19-2005, 01:32 AM
It would the be good for Illinois to Legalize marijuana for more than just medical use.

Delta9
02-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Look at this quote:

"Now-a-days several individuals use hallucinogens for a wrong notion that they promote spiritual growth, sharpen perception, help in personallity development and open up reality."

We see the phrase 'wrong notion'.
The wrong notion is a notion of opinion and we can see that this notion or opinion is wrong in the opinion of the person who wrote it. It is not a factual statement its a stament of opinion.

Delta9
02-20-2005, 06:18 PM
These same people who enforce their opinion through the Law 'cut' our food and over-the-counter chemicals and medicines with additives, poisons and unneccesary ingredients so that they may prevent what is in their opinion 'Abuse'.

Delta9
02-20-2005, 06:21 PM
It was in my addiction counsulors opinion that I should not be drinking a case of beer.
But he can take his opinion and get the fuck off my property.

Delta9
02-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Does the FDA really think that I want take a suppliment or remedy off the shelf of a drugstore that I have not prepared myself an ingest it without any knowledge of the exact composition of the medication.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:00 AM
Good medicine.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Someones Kitchen

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:14 AM
This guy's Union.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:20 AM
And here's the Cannabis.com closet.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:25 AM
A union bud.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:30 AM
Like this picture?

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:36 AM
The Unions mans product.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Some Dude and his Pics..

Delta9
02-21-2005, 03:04 AM
I gotta waste time somehow, it's better than doing my homework.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Oooo, Outside Plant.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 03:59 AM
Mas photografias, Usedes!

Delta9
02-21-2005, 04:04 AM
Remeber moderation.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Sould have studied instead of waste time typing to no one on this message board.
But it is the Black Sabbath, 666. Satans master servent.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 04:52 AM
No no crack for me juggalo.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Normalization.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 09:32 PM
N^2 = 1/{integral[f(x)^2]}^(1/2)

Area normalization method.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Vote for the normalization of Marijuana.

Delta9
02-21-2005, 10:51 PM
It would take approximatly 81 kg of commercially available poppy seeds to produce 60-mg of morphine.

Delta9
02-22-2005, 06:31 PM
The Dean of student's said:

"We need to protect ourselves from these skateboard punks. So I suggest you press charges on this young man"

groundkinomoto
02-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey Delta9, very cool pictures. I like to do that type of digital art also, especially in the case of the women. Totally cool man.
I am also 100% for the legalization of marijuana for both medical reasons and moderately controlled(guideline laws and whatnot) recreational use. I think it's been a long time coming, and within the coming years we may actually get to see some action.

Delta9
02-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Yes recreational use is okay, but I do think that it would be practical for society to have some degree of control over marijuana. It should be legal, but like alcohol it minors below 21 should be probibited from usage and smoking in public places should be limited as well only because kids should not be using drugs and alcohol including tobacco and smoking in public places bothers people that don't smoke.

Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and cabbage contain a compound called oltipraz which is believed to be chemopreventive to the development of liver cancer.

And unfortunatly the women in the pictures are not bathing in my bathroon right now.

Delta9
02-23-2005, 01:17 AM
See picture of Delta9?

groundkinomoto
02-23-2005, 05:42 PM
thats what i was sayin man, some degree of control = illegal for under 21 or 18. lol. I guess i didnt really make it that clear. :)

Delta9
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I wasen't trying to disagree I just diden't catch it. And even thought I study Quantum mechanics and chemical thermodynamics, Dr. Suess has always been one of my favorite authors. "go dog go".

Delta9
02-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I love Psychotomimetic Plants.

Delta9
02-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Curves.

Delta9
02-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Must brighten the day.

groundkinomoto
02-24-2005, 01:43 AM
are you just posting like that to get your "Posts" number up? lol.. I dont really care if you do that, just wondering. I dont do that, but i was just wondering if that's what you're doing, or if you just like the pretty pictures ^_^

Sensi Super Skunk
02-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Nice pics Delta9.

Delta9
02-24-2005, 04:54 AM
They are not really my pics.

Delta9
02-24-2005, 05:44 AM
69 or 420?

groundkinomoto
02-24-2005, 09:25 AM
By "they're not really my pics" did you mean you didnt make them? And is there any demand on the net for stuff like that? Cuz I can easily make stuff like that, and better stuff. I have for a long time lol, i was just fuckin around though i never really saw it as an artform. If people like that stuff I should start doing it more. Cuz I can make pics just like the ones you posted in about 2 minutes lol, if i tweak with them for a while I can make them look REALLY cool, about 10 minutes lol. But if you made these pics well cool. Just wondering.

Delta9
02-24-2005, 07:19 PM
I guess you win.

sugarmagnolia
02-27-2005, 09:26 PM
post some groundkimonoto.

Encatuse
03-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Delta - Only recently have I started enjoying your mass quantity of posts all in a row. If you do photoshop the pictures yourself, good job. If you don't, good job to their creator. I enjoy looking at them.