PDA

View Full Version : Worlds first marijuana ATM (24/7) opening in LA on Monday

r0k
01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Well for all you stoners out there itâ??s finally here! Your dream come true! The worldâ??s first weed ATM! Well actually, AVMâ??s: Anytime-Vending-Machines.

The World's First Weed ATM at Your Service! | LA CityZine.com - Los Angeles (http://www.la.cityzine.com/neighborhood/local-awesomeness/the-worlds-first-weed-atm-at-your-service/)
:thumbsup:

silkyblue
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
you win post of the day !!!!!!!!!!!

cool ~~~~:rastasmoke::jointsmile::thumbsup::D:stoned::p imp:

Acouwaila
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
fucking cool man...

Frickr
01-28-2008, 07:33 PM
proof that robots are taking over the world! now your friendly pot dealer is a robot haha! but i guess you dont have to worry about him snitching on you if he gets busted. but i wonder how long its gonna be till someone figures out how to get around all the security stuff.

Rusty Trichome
01-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Any bets as to when the first one gets smash-and-grabbed?

jimmy8778
01-29-2008, 04:26 AM
i give it until tuesday

Zcomp
01-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Nahh, There would have to be twinkie's in there too.

Frickr
01-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Nahh, There would have to be twinkie's in there too.

you know that would be pretty cool, go to a vending machine, pick up a dime bag a twinkie, and a bag of doritos! lunchbreak solved! haha god work would be fun

jimmy8778
01-29-2008, 05:03 AM
that would be the most epic machine invented, its like ordering a bag of god, which is what i would call it, it would contain a little package, sort of like lunchables, where it has a little compartment with a prerolled joint or some nuggets, some sort of goodies like a brownie, some chips, and maybe some gummy worms. And there would be different combinations, that you pick from, and it packs it depending on what you want, and there would be blunt packs, or joint packs, or nugget packs. I would kill to see such a machine.

zbudz4life
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
a very uplifting video

I wanna spread it to all of the forums

hmmm, good idea:)

yiGity
01-30-2008, 06:00 AM
yeh i saw a clip on the news about the atm machine openin up... seems a little scandy, but they claim they have all the flaws and possible threats covered... we shall just have to wait and see and watch the fuck out for the fedz!!!!!:thumbsup:

Zcomp
01-30-2008, 06:17 PM
that would be the most epic machine invented, its like ordering a bag of god, which is what i would call it, it would contain a little package, sort of like lunchables, where it has a little compartment with a prerolled joint or some nuggets, some sort of goodies like a brownie, some chips, and maybe some gummy worms. And there would be different combinations, that you pick from, and it packs it depending on what you want, and there would be blunt packs, or joint packs, or nugget packs. I would kill to see such a machine.

Should we call that a Munchable?

tha del sound
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
i can't believe no one's mentioned putting a drink in one of these "munchables" (nice work with the name Zcomp). that would be perfect, at least for me, because i'm always looking for a drink after i blaze (god damn cotton mouth). and have you ever tried eating chips with severe cotton mouth and no drink? it just turns into a powdery substance that coats your mouth and prevents any salivation. so, in conclusion, i believe that nugs, chips, and a drink would be the perfect "munchable."

boaz
02-13-2008, 01:27 AM
... and maybe some gummy worms. ... :D

How about some cannabagummy worms . . . this is the coolest thing i have ever seen! i might have to move back to L.A. i saw this report on the bbc news. they said the UN is bitching that they violate some bs treaty and the feds are going to snatch them if they can find them . . . and so it goes.

rebgirl420
02-13-2008, 02:49 AM
God, how conveniant would THAT be.

Just going and buying an 1/8th, some dr.pepper, and some salt n' vinnegar chips.

scooplanders
02-14-2008, 05:43 AM
They could use these in all of the major city's

tha del sound
02-24-2008, 10:53 PM
salt n' vinegar chips would be so down.

Xyz505
02-24-2008, 10:55 PM
i herd the dea said that they would stop this or something :mad:

bluebird
02-24-2008, 11:46 PM
This post is awesome! That would be great to have around here. TEXASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, become an MMJ state!!!

smokey91
02-25-2008, 12:01 AM
proof that robots are taking over the world! now your friendly pot dealer is a robot haha! but i guess you dont have to worry about him snitching on you if he gets busted. but i wonder how long its gonna be till someone figures out how to get around all the security stuff.
I dont know about friendly it probably takes your pic and checks database to see if your registered for medical marijuana. Probably calls the cops when its tampered with.

Dankeybuds420
02-25-2008, 12:41 AM
yup 4 yup homie sence i am a medical marijuana person
heart isuss dont worry i giv u all sum mm f u the shit is so powerful
i will roll sum joints up 4 all :thumbsup: ohh
ill put sum oil in there

pauldiggity
02-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Awesome! This machine would be such an awesome thing to have in your city! I wish my sources were this reliable!

vej33
02-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Wow, I wish we'd had one of these in highschool, instead of those stupid Gatoraide machines lol

zzdank
02-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Wow that is really cool. So the machine has ounces of weed? that is kinda scary someone would just bring a truck and jack that thing lols. :jointsmile:

BuzzPion
02-25-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm gonna hate myself for saying this (don't worry, I can duck pretty quick for a big guy...) but I think this is a really dumb idea. The media is gonna have a heyday with this not to mention the Federales. Hellloooo, the Federales are gonna be taking a look at this machine, no doubt. Not to mention we are trying to legitimize cannabis and this goes a long way in the other direction. Wait until some kid scores out of one of these machines. Sure, they have fingerprint ID, but the idiots from Mythbusters figured that one out. Shouldn't be too hard for a motivated 14 year old.

Buzz

ijustloveweed
02-25-2008, 04:09 AM
wow an ounce a week, i like that

HiAllTheTime10
02-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Ill agree as cool as a weed machine that spits ounces sounds i dont think it was the best idea unless they legalized it and put one at every gas station that would be tight

HerbalConfusion
02-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Its funny how few people actually read the article in the first 100 words they say this.

"This AVM is available 24/7, is fully secured in itâ??s own room, has two dispensaries, and full-time security for your protection. You must have a doctorâ??s consultation and prescription to use the machine."

So no noone is gonna come rob it with a truck. Yes someone may rob you outside the doors to the place but thats the same with any dispensary.

beginerbuddah
02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Ill agree as cool as a weed machine that spits ounces sounds i dont think it was the best idea unless they legalized it and put one at every gas station that would be tight

cant see this ever happening
even if it was legalised an dispensed in this way they wouldnt be at gas stations
thats just like syaing look buy some weed and go driving
weed being legal or not youll never be alowed to drive while high

HiAllTheTime10
02-25-2008, 07:25 PM
I said itwould be cool if it happened didnt say it would happen :thumbsup:

GreenGrrl
02-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Errr, I dunno about that fingerprinting, sounds too Big Brother-ish to me....

wman44
02-26-2008, 12:25 AM
in my state the sell beer and wine at gas stations, so why not weed?.... if it were in fact legal or decriminalized:stoned:
i agree that this machine is a huge step in the wrong direction for the legitimatizing of medicinal marijuana nationwide.
this just proves that things are starting to get a little out of hand in California.

Alexico
02-26-2008, 01:00 AM
cant see this ever happening
even if it was legalised an dispensed in this way they wouldnt be at gas stations
thats just like syaing look buy some weed and go driving
weed being legal or not youll never be alowed to drive while high

well they could sell weed at a gas station, i mean they do sell liquer at gas stations

HiAllTheTime10
02-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Tell Me it wouldnt be cool to just walk into a gas station and be like ya can i get a half of your um.... blueberry kush that would be sweet a little unrealistic but im hi and unrealistic is nice:stoned:

Alexico
02-26-2008, 05:35 AM
well you can go to a gas station and buy your favorite beer, it might seem unrealistic because its illegal or you need to get it medicaly, but if its ever legalized then i dont see why not it wouldnt be sold where they sell booz. Also i dont think gas stations will carry it right away. I dont think when prohibition of booz all stores carried it, it takes time before it can be sold anywhere and be accepted.

swice1
02-27-2008, 04:53 AM
in my state the sell beer and wine at gas stations, so why not weed?.... if it were in fact legal or decriminalized:stoned:
i agree that this machine is a huge step in the wrong direction for the legitimatizing of medicinal marijuana nationwide.
this just proves that things are starting to get a little out of hand in California.

...?

Alexico
02-27-2008, 05:13 AM

i agree too, you can compare weed to alchohol and such, but right now weed is used as a perscription, and you cant get your adderal at a adderal machine, and you cant get your wine from a wine machine. It still is a controlled substance and will be, so a machine that distributes it will only cause problems, the first time that something goes wrong dealing with the machine it will be a massive blow to legalization.

Nailhead
02-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Errr, I dunno about that fingerprinting, sounds too Big Brother-ish to me....

The whole process to go legal is very big brother-ish. Every single co-op requires you to sign a few pages with all of your personal information, every visit you are required to present your written recommendation from your doctor, which must be verified as true and accurate with the doctors office before you can step inside to the main counter.

Then, of course, there is the optional official state ID card, (if your county provides one). This card currently is optional, but requires a patient submit their private medical information to the California government to keep on a list maintained by state officials, which is used to verify the authenticity of a person's state issued identification card. In theory this is supposed to provide protection from law enforcement, however, I've always argued that this protection should not require an optional card that severely invades one's privacy. I firmly argue that ALL medical marijuana patients should have the same respect and protection from law enforcement officials.

So as you can see, the whole medical marijuana process is very big brother-ish, but what else could you expect from liberals?

I like the ATM idea, but I'll never use it unless they get one out my way, and I doubt they will since I'm in co-op ban county lol.

Psycho4Bud
02-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Here's the news clip.....enjoy!:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_6opRXOcg

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

swice1
02-27-2008, 09:27 PM
i agree too, you can compare weed to alchohol and such, but right now weed is used as a perscription, and you cant get your adderal at a adderal machine, and you cant get your wine from a wine machine. It still is a controlled substance and will be, so a machine that distributes it will only cause problems, the first time that something goes wrong dealing with the machine it will be a massive blow to legalization.

you people didn't read that it has its own building and security guard...whats up with all the hate, easier weed access..

veggii
03-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Hey any updates how's the machine making out
are the buds good ?:jointsmile:
does it have like packs of 20 joints rolled up:hippy:
or single joints?
anyone been to it yet plz give us a report:rastasmoke:

GINO420
03-08-2008, 09:45 PM
THIS IS THE ONLY ONE IN A COUNTY.THERE IS A GUARD THERE WITH THE MACHINE BUT THE MEDS ARE MUCH CHEAPER IN THE MACHINE.NO OVERHEAD.:rastasmoke:

smokealot123
03-08-2008, 11:17 PM
what a freking good idea !