PDA

View Full Version : Bad News.....Opinions?

Weedhound
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
News - Court: Workers can be fired for using medical marijuana - sacbee.com (http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/658819.html)

I'm bummed by this ruling. Kush8.....this is the kind of thing I call the "paper tiger."

I have to agree with rules against operationing machinery etc....for those who take mmj just as I would for those folks who would need and take heavy duty painkillers like Oxycontin, etc....

But this seems to more directed at the federal governments involvement rather than the actual effect of mmj in the workplace.

What do others think about this and as a sideline......the use of mmj in the workplace in legal states?

killerweed420
01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I would have to agree with not using any prescription painkillers while operating dangerous equipment including mj. But for office workers and other jobs not involved with heavy equipment it should be allowed.

createmoreseeds
01-25-2008, 02:53 AM
i think that is bs because herion addicts could easily fly under the radar is they were scripted painkill-u's for their withdraws. how could they define whether or not you use at work or not. i personally medicate after work. as a patient of cannabis i think the only fair way to be fired from work would be getting caught medicating. if i were to be urine tested right now i would fail happily but the question would be if i medicated at work or at home.

norkali
01-25-2008, 04:28 AM
Such BS.

Sure, you can come to work jacked-up on caffiene, or like a zombie on Xanax, and keep your job; but you cannot smoke pot off the clock and do the same. :(

It should go without saying that any medication should be regulated and monitored in the workplace when it comes to heavy machinery and/or high-risk occupations. That makes sense.

But a network admin. can't ease his chronic back pain (which he acquired while serving our country, not to mention) with some pot!? :mad:

:cursing:

It's all about the signature!

HerbalConfusion
01-25-2008, 06:17 PM
if i were to be urine tested right now i would fail happily but the question would be if i medicated at work or at home.

Do you READ? There would be no question thats the whole point of this thread. OPEN YOUR EYES.

Storm Crow
01-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Just what I needed, more years living in fear of losing a job I love and do better than most! F$%*$#& idiots! (pardon the heavy sarcasm!)- Granny

memoryburner
01-26-2008, 05:24 AM
You guys shouldnt mention other drugs....rule 7 :thumbsup:

8182KSKUSH
01-26-2008, 08:50 AM
News - Court: Workers can be fired for using medical marijuana - sacbee.com (http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/658819.html)

I'm bummed by this ruling. Kush8.....this is the kind of thing I call the "paper tiger."

I have to agree with rules against operationing machinery etc....for those who take mmj just as I would for those folks who would need and take heavy duty painkillers like Oxycontin, etc....

But this seems to more directed at the federal governments involvement rather than the actual effect of mmj in the workplace.

What do others think about this and as a sideline......the use of mmj in the workplace in legal states?

Paper Tiger All the Way:thumbsup:

PharmaCan
01-26-2008, 06:23 PM
What is sad is that the justices chose to ignore one of the basic precepts of our Constitution - that the federal government only has those powers granted to it by the states.

PC :smokin: