PDA

View Full Version : Scentless MJ

UMOT11
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM
We all the advances in science today, do you think it is in the realm of possibility that the MJ plant could be genetically modified not to produce a scent. This would be to avoid dectection. So that no one would be able to tell what you are smoking.:D

mfqr
01-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Sure it's possible, but the smell is a big part of the experience, in my opinion.

mfqr
01-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Although, smoke will always smell like smoke. But I think that it could be genetically modified for the smoke to not smell like pot smoke. Although, if then once this comes to the attention of everybody, any smoke could smell like pot smoke. Interesting. Now I don't think it's such a good idea. Plus, ganja smoke smells wonderful... don't you think so?

Oh, and you can use a little tube and fill it with a bunch of fabric softeners. You blow the smoke through it, and you cannot smell the smoke at all. It smells like fabric softener in the area -- it's pretty fucking awesome. Works really, really well.

8182KSKUSH
01-20-2008, 07:04 AM
There really are methods of ingestion and or curing that will accomplish this I think?:thumbsup:

mfqr
01-20-2008, 12:19 PM
There really are methods of ingestion and or curing that will accomplish this I think?:thumbsup:

From what I understand, he/she is asking if there is a way to genetically modify cannabis so that the smoke doesn't smell like smoke from cannabis; therefore, reducing the risk of exposure.

Curing won't cause it to not smell like pot when it's burned. Curing will just age it slowly, to make a more enjoyable smoke on the level of taste and smell (it brings out the taste and aroma more). It breaks down chlorophyll slowly, and some will say that it also increases the potency of dried cannabis flowers by something called "decarboxylation." However, I'm not 100% sure about the potency part... I haven't seen any real scientific evidence of it, but the articles written about it do make sense.
Therefore, curing does nothing to affect whether or not it will smell like pot... cuz it will, and probably much, much more!

Ingesting it will indeed not produce a smell. Although, the process of cooking it will smell the whole house up. Haha.

Though, water curing does supposedly make the product more potent, and gives it less of a taste. Though, I don't think it gets rid of the smell of the smoke. :thumbsup:

McLovin
02-01-2008, 04:57 PM
If you're serious about this, i'd start by researching exactly what is IN the smoke from bud, and then finding which of those causes the smell. Once you figure that out, get back to me and I'll tell you more =)

tha del sound
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
8182KSKUSH is actually right about the curing. i just got back from a trip to amsterdam, and all the bud in the coffee shops lacked scent. you could faintly detect a hint of marijuana, but it was very faint. they only bud that really had a smell was some organic blueberry we tried. all the bud was cured perfectly though, and i believe that is why there was a lack of odor.

BananaLanderS
02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
When I was in Amsterdam I too noticed the green wasn't very strong smelling (besides some of the fruity strains). Im sure it is possible to make an odorless strain and I know if you did you would be a rich and famous man.

tha del sound
02-07-2008, 01:16 AM
i'm sure you could slowly over time selectively breed a bud that had less scent.

PlantHeadJ
05-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Interesting....
I agree that through breeding you will be able to develop a plant that has very little smell while growing. This has been done in my area. There is a strain that has virtually no scent at 9 weeks of flower. Now when you light it up or break a flower up the whole house is screwed. I can't mention the name because it will be reconizable enough to others who are in the know. I will say it is partially blueberry, which is weird because that stuff reaks. This strain has been in the works since the late 90's. As for the mell of smoke, Oh how beautiful it is...
If you search the threads there is one that rates the smell of strains and is a nice thread. Pick something that is low oder and play with it..
sorry I don't know how make a link to it.