PDA

View Full Version : BOYCOTT COMMERCIAL DOGFOOD COMPANIES!!!

swissmiss
01-19-2008, 01:18 AM
about 80% of the dog food brands sold at petco/walmart/etc contain HORRIBLE INHUMANE ingredients, allergens, and fillers!!!

the first ingredient in your dogfood should be MEAT- not meal. meal is brains, bones, meat, and intestines ground together. GROSS!! Top brands like purina, pedigree, even iams contain corn, wheat, and soy which provide absolutely zero nutritional value for your dog. They are "fillers" that just pass through your dog. (no energy, more doodee) These terrible companies even pay veternarians, petco, petsmart, and all of their employees to PUSH their product even if it's not the healthiest food for your dog. HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT?? they're all a bunch of animal byproducts its disgusting. My dogtrainer told me that you could dump arsenic and grass in a bag and sell it as dogfood because the FDA doesn't give a shit (until recently what with the dogfood RECALLS)

These commercial dog food companies claim to be "100% nutritionally complete and balanced" and this claim can legally be printed on their products based on vague, inaccurate studies using isolated nutrients and not whole foods!! these tests completely ignore important nutritional issues and give their consumers a false sense of knowledge!

Do you even know whats going in your dog's food? What exactly are these mysterious "animal byproducts"?? I'll tell you! Roadkill, cats, horses, cows, zoo animals, even OTHER DOGS. The city of Los Angeles alone, for example, sends some two hundred tons of euthanized cats and dogs to a pet food plant every month!! All of these dead animals and other ghastly materials are processed until the portion left over for dog food production is a brown powder, which consists of ...

25% fecal matter

YES 25% animal crap!!! EWWW

research even shows that dog foods today contain at least SIX DEADLY CHEMICALS that have been banned from human foods.

I, personally, have suffered a tragic loss from the dogfood recalls. My precious cat died from the tainted food last year. RIP MARSHALL!!!

THIS NEEDS TO STOP!! READ THE LABELS OF YOUR DOG FOOD! IF YOU CANT PRONOUNCE IT, PITCH IT!!

Dutch Pimp
01-19-2008, 02:02 AM
I like Alpo....the dogs seem to like it too....:thumbsup:

Just read the label...and can pronounce every word...except maybe, pyridoxine hydrochloride or carrageean salt....:stoned:

Breukelen advocaat
01-19-2008, 03:09 AM
Here is an article, by a vet, regarding the dangerous ingredients in pet foods.

Gluten Intolerance in Dogs and Cats (http://dogtorj.tripod.com/id32.html)

napolitana869
01-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I feed my dog science diet because it was recommended by the vet I used to take my old dog to. My new dog loves it, and when I take him to my parents house their dogs try and steal my dogs food.

texas grass
01-19-2008, 05:20 PM
i feed my doggies the goodlife recipe, get at walmart, its a newer brand and they claim on the bag with real beef, brown rice and vegetables, no fillers

swissmiss
01-19-2008, 05:50 PM
lol vets are supposed to push products like science diet :wtf: dog food companies claim all they want, just know the facts and read the LABELS.

Humboldt215
01-20-2008, 05:24 PM
If you love your pet(s) and want a healthy animal with long life, low obesity. PLEASE feed them the BARF diet, as I provided a link in a article below this (or just google BARF DIET).

Here's a point of interest for ya. Ever take a look at your dog or cats shit after its been there for a day or so? notice how its hard dand sometimes crusty? thats BAD NEWS, ideally you want that stuff to be kinda runny and break down into the ground in just a few days.

My dogs eat only raw meats (organs included.. but never brain) My lawns and yard area never have any crap in it for more than a few days and let me tell you, the lawn is HEALTHY!

Plus feeding your dog the BARF diet is actually cheaper than the spendier vet pushed brands. they need less food, stay full longer and have more activity from the protein.

stinkyattic
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
My old dog was allergic to corn and wheat and broke out in hives and even cysts when she got into 'people food' or if someone gave her a dog treat that wasn't lamb and rice based.

My current dog eats a commercial dog food made of potato, herring, and brown rice with glucosamine and chondroitin. I've only had her home from the shelter for a month now and she seems to be improving in health by the looks of her coat. I'm a big fan of oily fish as a dog food. I give her egg and mackerel for treats sometimes.

Humboldt, as far as checking out the poops, indeed they seem to vanish after a good rain or the first day above freezing when the snow is melting. I don't have 'lawn mine' problems from indigestible fillers.