PDA

View Full Version : Rheumatoid Arthritis -- recommendations sought

writewrite
01-11-2008, 12:01 AM
New medical cannabis user who has lots of bodily pains and chronic joint problems from rheumatoid (NOT osteo) arthritis seeks recommendations from others in similar position as to what strains of cannabis would be most likely to alleviate pains, but still keep mind as clear as possible. Am employed more than full time in a career where I must, must, must think clearly. Thanks to all for their wisdom and experience. I look forward to your responses, and apologize if this is not posted in the best place on the board. Am a new member and am still learning ropes of this very helpful board.

killerweed420
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
The sativa strains help my arthritis the most and they seem to really allow me to focus on what I'm doing. The problem is the indica starins are a lot more prevalent around here. A good White Widow would probably work pretty good.

stinkyattic
01-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Writewrite, there's an old cut called 'Ortega' that anecdotally has excellent anti-inflammatory properties and a sativa soul.
I run two of its descendants, Space Queen and Jillybean, both from TGA seeds, and the Jillybean AKA 'space Jill' has gotten fantastic reviews from my local MS patients to help with their pain while not being a knockout lie-on-the couch stone.
So I suggest looking into that breeding line for a good candidate.

writewrite
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. I've already found something called "Orange Crush" which is absolutely ideal for taking the pain edge off for sleeping, but it makes me too sleepy during the day. Are there any other board users out there with that lovely disease called Rheumatoid Arthritis? I'd love to compare experiences.