PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you're a caregiver and save some for yourself?

Bwh1116
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I was just thinking....how are caregivers not tempted to save some for themselves if there is extra bud? what are the requirements for being a caregiver....couldn't you just be someone's caregiver and split the bud with them? what's stopping them?

luvfriday
01-05-2008, 07:55 AM
how are caregivers not tempted to save some for themselves if there is extra bud?

Your cracking me up......get married and take fricking care of them, anything they get after that day is legally half yours.

LIP
01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm sure most caregivers DO keep a small amount for themselves. Who wouldnt? If your growing it, your probably a smoker too. Almost definatly a smoker. And after putting time, effort and love into growing it, why shouldnt they smoke abit of their weed. Coz really, it IS their weed. They cant by law, i dont think, but im sure they do.

Dreadscale
01-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm the Designated Primary Caregiver for a Medical Marijuana patient in Washington State.

In Washington it is illegal for the Caregiver to smoke any of the patients marijuana.

No problem for me I do not smoke Marijuana.

:hippy:

Markass
01-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm sure most caregivers DO keep a small amount for themselves. Who wouldnt? If your growing it, your probably a smoker too. Almost definatly a smoker. And after putting time, effort and love into growing it, why shouldnt they smoke abit of their weed. Coz really, it IS their weed. They cant by law, i dont think, but im sure they do.

I know that I most certainly would at least sample what my 4 months of hard work had produced...

I think it would be a great feeling to know that the marijuana you're growing would be helping out someone or possibly several people..

and knowing that I would be contributing to the undermining of the monopoly on what can and can not be used to help an individual medically.

jessem98
01-21-2008, 05:23 PM
its so funny because i was just thinking this exact thing a couple days ago. i would for sure. no one would know how much the plant produced to an exact number, so id probably keep around a 1/8th or 1/4 from each plant depending on yeild.

psteve
01-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't trust a grower who didn't sample the medicine before giving it to patients.;)
In Oregon, there is no law against smoking cannabis, just against possessing it.
Since caregivers and growers are technically exempt from the possession law, it is legal for them to smoke it.

D.U.M.B
01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Wouldn't the cannabis need to be tested before it was made available so I'd have to presume a caregiver would sample a bit

angry nomad
01-23-2008, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't trust a grower who didn't sample the medicine before giving it to patients.;)
In Oregon, there is no law against smoking cannabis, just against possessing it.
Since caregivers and growers are technically exempt from the possession law, it is legal for them to smoke it.

I don't know of any law against smoking it. But if you are smoking it, it's your possession. But marijuana laws simply harmful anyway, so fuck 'em. To me, those laws are like the speed limit.

Dreadscale
01-23-2008, 04:30 AM

I think by not sampling the medicine, a caregiver is at a definite disadvantage. One then can only rely on the patients opinion.

Oregon Medical Marijuana Laws are written far better than here in Washington. We rely on Oregon laws as a guideline on the quantity of a 60 supply. Also Washington law states a caregiver can not use any of the patients medicine, how they would know it was the patients medicine, I have no idea.

Markass
01-24-2008, 04:54 AM
I think by not sampling the medicine, a caregiver is at a definite disadvantage. One then can only rely on the patients opinion.

Oregon Medical Marijuana Laws are written far better than here in Washington. We rely on Oregon laws as a guideline on the quantity of a 60 supply. Also Washington law states a caregiver can not use any of the patients medicine, how they would know it was the patients medicine, I have no idea.

I agree man..what happens if you get the seeds mixed up, or the pots mixed up..? can't give a MS patient a pure sativa now, can you?? better just go ahead and burn that bud up to be on the safe side...:stoned::thumbsup:

SFGurrilla
01-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Green Peace :jointsmile: