PDA

View Full Version : BC Bud- what do ya think?

Nathan604
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
personally iv grown up in bc and i love the weed:smokin:

fUNKYcDOG
01-02-2008, 06:37 PM
any pics? genetics?

Nathan604
01-03-2008, 04:10 AM
usually better quality because rather than hydroponics BC growers still use soil, providing a higher THC content, once again comes down to the grower

memoryburner
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
:jawdropper:

Nathan604
01-14-2008, 06:28 AM
ILL

yiGity
01-14-2008, 07:06 AM
anything can be dank it just matters how its grown / cured .... genetics always help.. its funny how people get all crazy wit the names, it really comes down to how it smokes.

green3gold
01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
:jointsmile:idk man i like the super-duper-orange-purple-dank-rank-krypto-chronic

poseidon
01-17-2008, 07:52 AM
usually better quality because rather than hydroponics BC growers still use soil, providing a higher THC content, once again comes down to the grower

really? I always thought the soil/hydro difference was the taste and smell.. not the entire THC content. Daamn, so one strain can have different amounts of THC if grown on separately on Hydroponics and Soil? I doubt thats the case but if it is, can you tell me which one works best? Cause I just got Himalaya Gold seeds and they're germinating or whatever that tissue thing is..I planned on soil, even got a 85 Gallon Bucket...hah..

poseidon
01-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Sorry I meant 18 Gallons.

corbin dallas
01-18-2008, 05:45 PM
really? I always thought the soil/hydro difference was the taste and smell.. not the entire THC content. Daamn, so one strain can have different amounts of THC if grown on separately on Hydroponics and Soil? I doubt thats the case but if it is, can you tell me which one works best? Cause I just got Himalaya Gold seeds and they're germinating or whatever that tissue thing is..I planned on soil, even got a 85 Gallon Bucket...hah..:thumbsup:Stay with the soil friend,you won't be sorry,thats all I can say!Peace!!!!:thumbsup:

horror business
01-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Like others have said, it all depends on how it was grown, dried, and cured. I recently got into a debate with someone who claims his location has the best weed in the world. To me, wherever a grower puts his/her time, effort, and care into it, is where the best weed is.

As far as "BC Bud", the shit they've been exporting here (beasters) is shit. Perhaps if they weren't in such a rush to pack it and sell it, and properly dried and stored it, before export, it would be a different story.

hpiracing
01-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Ya ive smoked a bunch of BC bud but I still prefer my Montreal grown bud.

Mids for us down here is Dank for others, which means :jointsmile:

That's some nice bud in the picture, looks real nice to smoke.

kushy420
01-22-2008, 03:31 AM
Like others have said, it all depends on how it was grown, dried, and cured. I recently got into a debate with someone who claims his location has the best weed in the world. To me, wherever a grower puts his/her time, effort, and care into it, is where the best weed is.

holy fuck i agree, living in toronto whenever someone has "BC bud" everyone jumps on it likes it going to fucking be a million times better, and ill i can think is "man we get bomb bud here its just been grown somewhere else, probably isnt even from BC just some jackoff trying to make some more money"

PlantHeadJ
01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't buy the soil/hydro myth of less THC. I have grown both extensivly and had varied results. Both are awesome and it depends on the strain and the grower. I had some sour diesel that was soil grown and it was not even close to the 'dro diesel. I had blues growing in both and both rocked. diff appearence same monster stone. So to each their own. I like hydro for the control it gives you. But by all means keep growing in whatever the hell you like!!

texas grass
01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
most bc buds i have had are about as good as premium schwag in my eyes

in my neck of the woods it cost $20 bucks more to get exotics over bc so i always pick exotics

BobBong
01-24-2008, 02:51 PM

in my neck of the woods it cost $20 bucks more to get exotics over bc so i always pick exotics

I gotta kinda agree, "BC" Bud isn't any better than properly grown Cannabis anywhere else.. I've come across some "BC" outdoor bud that did anything but impress me

Still a nice smoke though.

pinky27
01-31-2008, 11:01 PM
im just south of the border of bc and any bud i have had from canada or anything with "bc" is schwagg. but, im sure there is good bud to be had in bc.

denial102
02-01-2008, 09:32 AM
naa man his bud looks dank, least dank enough :D

Peace

theelectrician
02-08-2008, 12:45 AM
ur right ive smoked some sweet no name weed but ive thoght of tryin some pedigree

benvortec
02-08-2008, 05:04 AM
you lucky mother fuckers! all i can get is shwag or "mids" at best... i hate living in kentucky :( ... i think its about time for me and my friend to move to Humboldt! haha :thumbsup:
p.s. i'm way too high :rasta:
p.p.s this reg still gets me blitzed so ima keep tokin it :stoned:

dgsgandalf
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Benv, did you know that Kentucky is one of the top Marijuana producing states in the country?

BC bud. Most of the stuff i've seen as "BC Bud" was pretty crappy. One exception was some Northern Lights that was said to have been grown outside in BC. This was the only weed i've smoked that i got waaaay too high! I was literally laying on my back on my couch with the room spinning around me thinking , "...too...much..."

Oh well. I should have stopped with the third joint :)

theelectrician
02-22-2008, 12:22 AM
yeah ben i hear ya like that here very little real name brand weed:wtf: usually the best weed here is local grown by those that care:D still pullin 125$ a q all day

theelectrician
02-22-2008, 12:25 AM
south east usa here

Nathan604
03-27-2008, 04:26 AM
il post some of my bud soon enough:rastasmoke:

spazzoid06
03-27-2008, 07:44 AM
its too leafy but it looks fire as shit

HerbalConfusion
03-27-2008, 12:40 PM

I bet you get good "BC" bud in texas. Obviously its just a name noone in their right mind would transport but from canada to texas.

OntarioToker69
03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
I think Alot Of you Think of The Crappy No-name Beasters exported out of British Columbia as "BC Buds."
I personally know for a fact that Purple Kush is one of the easiest
strains to find in Vancouver,it's everywhere!
Strains From B.C I have smoked include,Jack Herer,Purple Kush,
Afghani Bullrider,Dutch Treat,BOG Blue Moon Rocks.
These Came from towns like Vancouver,Burnaby,Duncan Etc.....

OntarioToker69
03-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I know these strains weren't developed in British Columbia,
It's just that alot of BC Grower's grow them to be sold
locally.(sometimes exported)

stinkyattic
03-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Beasters DO make it all over the country. But the condition they arrive in... lol... If I lived in TX I'd stick with a high-quality Mexican product, or local-grown.
I don't touch the Beast. That shit that's been run through a tumbler for kief before sale- looks furry and nicely shaped, but has no visible trichs and gives you the burnt feeling- wtf- I'm all set with that. The buds from SE Ontario and Quebec though, the pretty stuff grown on the reservations, that's some Nooks I can get down with.

bestgreenthumb
03-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello nathan,that statement is completely false. Growing in organics or soil rather than hydroponics,have nothing to do with a higher thc content,although both mediums have there upsides. And yes the grower,temp,conditions..etc do make a difference. But thc is dependent upon genetics and curing only. Curing afterwards converts cbg,cannabergerol to more thc on the paticular bud,thus allowing it to reach its optimal potentcy,a smoother smoke,good taste and aroma....and give it that extra kick ..good day

pit6ull420
04-23-2008, 06:53 AM
Beasters usually aint worth it , they are always
damp and if you smoke them like that they dont burn
good and dont give you much of a buzz .
If you dry them out the buzz is decent but it dosnt last
or isnt any better than some mids , the prettiest mids
ive seen blows away the best bc bud ive seen
maybe not in bud appearance , but in high and thc%
unless u can get the bigger colas the inside of them
is usually got crystals in it but the price difference
aways makes the good mids a better buy .:rastasmoke:

mjdwalsh
04-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Ya ive smoked a bunch of BC bud but I still prefer my Montreal grown bud.

Mids for us down here is Dank for others, which means :jointsmile:

That's some nice bud in the picture, looks real nice to smoke.

HAHAHA I never thought anyone else would say it. Montreal grown bud and bud grown in Quebec in general - our mids are most people in North America's dank. I live in Ontario and inter-provincially import Montreal grown bud from the Lauretien Mountains.. and that's STRICTLY what I smoke. These fucking buds are SO sticky, fluffy, fresh, stinky, with giant clusters of orange hairs and a solid layer of near-white THC crystallization. Believe me, my scale is COVERED in loose crystals. These buds are TRULY some of the finest in the world. ;)

People in Toronto LOVEEEEEEEE this stuff and it's EVERYWHERE. I also know a couple people who will be releasing a TON of ice buds on the street this year in Toronto. Look out for that. ;)

pit6ull420
04-24-2008, 12:16 AM
thats what the best lookin beasters usually look like
in the US and the buzz is really short and their damp
so one Oz of properly dried headies would be about the
size of 2 Oz. of beasters and if you can find some good mids
you always come out better :rastasmoke:

pit6ull420
04-24-2008, 12:18 AM
and its hard to enjoy your smoke when it keeps
going out and has a harsh chemical taste

pit6ull420
04-25-2008, 03:33 PM
ive heard that beasters from BC are usually always
a Indica M-39 , but idk if thats true or not anybody know ?:rastasmoke:

OntarioToker69
04-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I Just Want To Clear Something up.In Canada When we Think BC Bud We Think Premium.all of The Bud I Smoke When I'm in Vancouver or Duncan BC are of AAAA Quality.always Exotic, hard- to-find connoisseur strains, including multiple Cannabis Cup winners. It's Always Expertly-grown,the best representation of a particular strain.These Buds Usually come from small,lower yielding operations.All the buds I Get are also 100% organically grown without the use of chemicals or pesticides.Me and my Bro are chillin in Duncan BC At his house right now and we are smoking on some,Arjan's Haze #1,Peak 19(Matunuska Tundra x Stonhedge)
God Bud,Jack Herer,The Purps and Juicy Fruit x Early Girl.

When we Think BC Beasters We Think of no name Strains usually very dense buds with alot of orange pistols.these buds are usually grown in large operations without the necessary attention to detail to produce high test cannabis.Also these massive grow ops
are probably sprayed with pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
The Growers often drop sulfur bombs in the garden to combat pests.The Bud is overall improperly Grown,Improperly Flushed,
Improperly Manicured,Improperly Cured and sometimes immature.(Immature buds tend to have light orange to white blonde - yellowish pistols/Hairs.)

I Hate To Think That when People Say BC Bud They Think
Chemically Grown Beasters.

OntarioToker69
04-26-2008, 10:15 AM
The buds from SE Ontario and Quebec though, the pretty stuff grown on the reservations, that's some Nooks I can get down with.

I Grew Up on A Reservation in Northwestern Ontario.
The Marijuana Grown There was incredible.When I Got to High School,All of The White Town Kids Were Amazed at the Quality and Potency of "Rez Grown" Dope Over their no name Shwagg.
The Genetics going around were old School Skunk Genetics and old School BlueBerry.and probably hybrids.
around 1999 Sensi's Jack Herer Hit The Reserve and it Has been grown There since.Every Time I come Down from Ontario to BC I Bring some Exotic Strains to my Dad,(Kali Mist,OG Kush)
But I Always Look Forward to His HomeGrown Skunk and Purple
Indica.I Love The Skunk.It has an unmistakable "Old School"
Taste and Stone.

OntarioToker69
04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Peak 19 Grown Organically in Vancouver BC.

OntarioToker69
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
God Bud Grown organically in Duncan BC

OntarioToker69
04-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Hawiian Punch also Grown Organically in Duncan BC.
These buds are what I think when I Hear BC Buds.

Nathan604
04-26-2008, 05:16 PM
its too leafy but it looks fire as shit

then its probably not trimmed too well:smokin:

Nathan604
04-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Hawiian Punch also Grown Organically in Duncan BC.
These buds are what I think when I Hear BC Buds.
ya mon my buds look like that prettymuch all the time