PDA

View Full Version : IT's A GIRL!!!..now...how long? LOL

kuri
02-13-2005, 02:11 AM
i just found out that my 3 foot plant is a female this morning!! so i have a question and i know it is very general and it all matters on certain conditions but i think most people would understand the excitingness in my question....

so ABOUT how long until i can take my first test bud? i know i've heard the optimum time is right when the pistils start to change to brown and orange..

i am using an NFT system on a 12/12 cycle.... i heard also somewhere that a couple weeks before harvest, i can change the cycle to more dark of about 14/10 or 16/8 and it will hurry it up, but reduce yield... that is okay with me cause i don't want to overload myself as to not let the smell overwhelm.

any comments or opinions on how long i have from today's FIRST white hairs!!

newgroweroldsmoker
02-13-2005, 08:01 AM
question:if it is 3 foot now....how tall will it is going to be after 2 maybe 3 weeks time?as for the smell i have a suggestion.....open the windows for an hour or maybe two a day during the nights....very late though when everybody is sleeping:)that's what i am going to do with my garden

Garden Knowm
02-14-2005, 08:35 AM
if your plant is 3 feet and you are just switching now to 12/12, you are goingto have a huge plant... hope you have lots of light!!

stick with 12/12...

: )
pictures?

kuri
02-15-2005, 12:25 AM
i have a 400W HPS light. i assume that is enough light. is there any way to not make it grow more? i had to wait to put it in 12/12 due to imbalances in the rez. i really didn't want to wait till three feet

Garden Knowm
02-15-2005, 03:13 AM
bend it down... bend it over...
bring the light closer

let a fan blow between light and plant.... this way you can keep the light nice and close with out burning your plant : )

bonker7
04-07-2005, 02:17 AM
nice feeling .yeaman watch the rapid growth now its cool . on week 4 or 5 snip a peac from the bottom ,dont dont take to mutch cause u will be sick when u see if u leave them alone untill they finsh what big buds u can get.nft rules.stay slippery

kuri
04-07-2005, 03:53 AM
whoa!, that post was almost 2 months ago. i'm already done. you are going WAAAY back on all these posts that most people have long forgotten about.

bonker7
04-07-2005, 12:00 PM
nerver mind its nice 2 talk