PDA

View Full Version : a little help please?

twiztidn9nja
12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
umm i'm new to this site. and only started smoking maybe a month ago... and i would like to know what the difference between indica sativa and hybrids are? im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place

KyndBud
12-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, there is quite a difference between indica variatals and sativas. They are different because they have come from different parts of the world, indicas coming from the himilayas and sativas coming from southern asia. There is also another variaty that is grouped under india that is called afghanica which comes from afghanistan area respectively. Most indica varities grow stout and wide, with tight dense buds. These varities generally have a higher CBD to THC ratio and are great for pain relief and insomnia and will give you a "stoned" high. Sativas are tall growing with lengthy internodes. Their buds are wispy and light with a higher THC to CBD ratio and will give you a soaring, happy-go-lucky high. Hybrid varities are the results of cross breeding between the two and expert breeder are able to select for certain attributes that suit them well, such as height, potency, smell, taste, resin production and so on. However, saving the seeds from a hybrid plant will result in many different sports or phenotypes of the parent plants. I hope I answered your question as I am NOT an expert breeder. Also, there is the variaty ruderalis that is not so popular. This variaty grows very short and has an auto-flowering attribute that makes it valuable to far northern growers. Toke it easy.

-KyndBud:rastasmoke:

twiztidn9nja
12-31-2007, 01:39 AM
thank you very much kyndbud.

Most of that i didn't even know. i dont know much about the types and strains nothing yet so i learned alot

bubblerman
01-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Yep (very) basically: indicas=body high, sativas=head high

Storm Crow
01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Indicas = fat leaves, sleepier, shorter time to harvest. Sativas = skinny leaves, more "up" high, may take a long time to mature. That's it in a nutshell!- Granny:hippy: