PDA

View Full Version : Vaporising Sandblasted Weed

Seag420
12-29-2007, 12:55 AM
In the uk right now there is a stupid amount of sandblasted weed, and everytime i buy some im paranoid its been sandblasted. my question is, as ive got a volcano vape, would it stop the silica getting into the bag?

TheDefiler
12-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Na thats not sandblasted....its just that new Super Dank! LOL! *end sarcasm*

Not sure about vaping, but i'd assume that the silica wouldn't vaporize.

Unbustable
12-31-2007, 06:37 AM
Silica- Melting point 1650 (±75) °C

Boiling point 2230 °C

Thats from wikipedia, so it won't vaporize,

However, Sugar has Melting point of 186 °C, less than the 200 °C of THC, Im not sure what inhaling sugar vapor would do to you, but I dont think it would be pleasant....

emobloom
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Never heard of sandblasted before???
I live in the UK & can only really afford solid weed (dont know what u call it over there) comes in block form, like a big black brick, it's dirty & horrible but it does the job.
Does anybody have any idea whether I can use it in a vaporizer???
I'm thinking of getting a Herbalaire but dont want to waste all that money if the thing cant handle the gear I use.
Thanks very much
Kev :)

llama shack
02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Sandblasted weed? That makes no sense. You use sandblasting to strip rust and paint off material... if you sandblasted a nugget of chronic you'd have a ton of fine grains in it. I don't understand...

vapefiend
02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Never heard of sandblasted before???
I live in the UK & can only really afford solid weed (dont know what u call it over there) comes in block form, like a big black brick, it's dirty & horrible but it does the job.
Does anybody have any idea whether I can use it in a vaporizer???
I'm thinking of getting a Herbalaire but dont want to waste all that money if the thing cant handle the gear I use.
Thanks very much
Kev :)

The herbalAire has the rep of being the most efficient vape you can buy, and my experience agrees. It's designed to vape pieces of herb instead of ground, and while it'll deal with ground just fine, pieces get completely vaped with less mess and cleaning needed. Compressed or bricked could be a problem for any vape, but if you break it up into little pieces it should do the job. If your remains crumble between your fingers into powder it's fully cooked.

arh420
03-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah what is this sandblasted weed? Has it been grown in locations with sandstorms? (I'm in the US, so this is REEAALLY new to me here)
Either way this sounds odd and not pleasurable...
Also I'm slightly disappointed that the UK is smoking black bricks too... I thought they just worked their way up here from mexico!
Either way explain this sandblasted weed

Krishwag
03-22-2008, 04:10 PM
in the UK, unlike in the US where people mostly smoke buds, there is greater variety for weed consumption, but that has a bad side: there is a continuing trend of spraying (sandblasting) weed with tiny beads of glass and/ or silica, it harms your lungs, letting in more THC (at laest thats the way i've heard it) I think it would be OK to vape though

vapefiend
03-22-2008, 04:27 PM
"Press release 1st January 2007

Herbal cannabis on sale in the UK is now suffering widespread contamination. Analysis shows it to be small glass beads 50 - 120 micron in diameter. Sources suggest that this contaminant is industrial etchant spray used for glass frosting, a high pressure aerosol consisting of propellant, lubricant and silicate abrasives. This product has been identified as a likely candidate.

During the summer of 2006 police staged a series of raids against large scale cannabis grow-ops all over the UK known as "Operation Keymer", this had the effect of creating a sudden shortage of cannabis - no doubt it's desired effect.

However, within a very short period of time this shortage was at least partly filled by cannabis which was highly contaminated. Seemingly high quality "bud" - herbal cannabis - was found to contain some form of grit or sand. The website UKCIA - UK Cannabis Internet Activists - Legalise Cannabis! (http://www.ukcia.org) began hearing of this contaminated cannabis on sale from the far south west to the north of Scotland within weeks of the raids.

At first, the contamination was thought to be fairly benign with something inert being added simply to increase the weight of the deal, making the cannabis more expensive but otherwise not posing a danger. As time went past however, it became clear there was a potential danger which may be of great significance for the health of the user.

The contamination found by analysis is actually small beads 50 - 120 micrometers diameter, made of some non-soluble high melting point glass like substance. If smoked in a joint or chillum with no filter - as most cannabis smokers do - these glass beads will be drawn into the lungs with possibly devastating results, it's doubtful that using a pipe with a gauze will prevent this happening either."

@ the Wests Weed Smokers/Sellers... (http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.asp?m=1968808095&mpage=1&key=)

daihashi
03-22-2008, 04:43 PM
"Press release 1st January 2007

Herbal cannabis on sale in the UK is now suffering widespread contamination. Analysis shows it to be small glass beads 50 - 120 micron in diameter. Sources suggest that this contaminant is industrial etchant spray used for glass frosting, a high pressure aerosol consisting of propellant, lubricant and silicate abrasives. This product has been identified as a likely candidate.

During the summer of 2006 police staged a series of raids against large scale cannabis grow-ops all over the UK known as "Operation Keymer", this had the effect of creating a sudden shortage of cannabis - no doubt it's desired effect.

However, within a very short period of time this shortage was at least partly filled by cannabis which was highly contaminated. Seemingly high quality "bud" - herbal cannabis - was found to contain some form of grit or sand. The website UKCIA - UK Cannabis Internet Activists - Legalise Cannabis! (http://www.ukcia.org) began hearing of this contaminated cannabis on sale from the far south west to the north of Scotland within weeks of the raids.

At first, the contamination was thought to be fairly benign with something inert being added simply to increase the weight of the deal, making the cannabis more expensive but otherwise not posing a danger. As time went past however, it became clear there was a potential danger which may be of great significance for the health of the user.

The contamination found by analysis is actually small beads 50 - 120 micrometers diameter, made of some non-soluble high melting point glass like substance. If smoked in a joint or chillum with no filter - as most cannabis smokers do - these glass beads will be drawn into the lungs with possibly devastating results, it's doubtful that using a pipe with a gauze will prevent this happening either."

@ the Wests Weed Smokers/Sellers... (http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.asp?m=1968808095&mpage=1&key=)

Holy crap that sucks. Makes me wary of buying anything here in the US and definitely the UK the next time I'm up there. Geez.

arh420
03-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow... that is indeed a poopy deal... I cant remember the trich size in micron... but I'm wondering if you kif'd out your stash if the trichs would be small enough to seperate, but the silica stay up top.... might be worth a shot?

donsolo
03-23-2008, 08:19 PM
the black stuff is hash and that's totally different than weed (though from the same plant)

As for sandblasted weed, vaporizing is then the only way to go as it'll keep the glass out.