PDA

View Full Version : Denver Colorado group

matthewwp
12-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi all,
We started an "open to the public" East Denver/Aurora Medical MJ caregiver and patient support group this year. We meet regularly and we help anyone who needs to fingd a doc, etc hyere in Denver.
Contact me here for more info IF you're a local or move to Denver and need connex w/ docs, meds, info etc.

Peace, Mat

bluntsmoke12
03-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Hey Matt,
I have lived in Colorado for the last 3 years, and just reecently recieved my MMJ card due to brain surgery. I have been trying to find information on Denver and its Marijuana laws and dispenceries. It sounds like you are the guy to talk to. I would like to come to one of these meetings. Please let me know when and where you are holding your next meeting, Thank you
RB

LdyMarsRN
03-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Hi all,
We started an "open to the public" East Denver/Aurora Medical MJ caregiver and patient support group this year. We meet regularly and we help anyone who needs to fingd a doc, etc hyere in Denver.
Contact me here for more info IF you're a local or move to Denver and need connex w/ docs, meds, info etc.

Peace, Mat
Can you post when the meeting is; or contact me too? I'd love to come. The nearest place I've found is in Thornton, and I live close to DIA. Thanks, Ldy :hippy:

jash420
03-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I need to jump over Kansas and find a new place to reside..

ezpereau
04-08-2008, 01:02 AM
hello,
i will be flying to denver in early may. i have a medical prescription from the state of california. will colorado honor my prescription? are there medical stores in colorado springs ? can my doctor be called to verify as the collectives do in california? thank you el

VapoRizer444
04-18-2008, 02:43 AM
I suffer from chronic pain from arthritis and I have prescriptions for pharmaceutical pain killers and muscle relaxers but my doctor will not give prescriptions for MJ, can anyone help me find a CO doctor who will help me?

psteve
04-18-2008, 03:21 AM
I suffer from chronic pain from arthritis and I have prescriptions for pharmaceutical pain killers and muscle relaxers but my doctor will not give prescriptions for MJ, can anyone help me find a CO doctor who will help me?
The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation, Medical Marijuana Doctors, Colorado Medical Marijuana Clinics, Denver, Colorado, Serving The Cannabis Community Since 1999, Medical Marijuana as treatment for chronic pain, chronic nausea, AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, chr (http://thc-foundation.com/colorado/)

Lamerville
04-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Matt..
I would love some info!

I am newer to this area and it seems my only local Buddy had his G/F crack the whip and so he is gone..
I'm originally from So.Cal and most of my Buddies back there are MMJ users. Think I want to get myself legal this time since I do use MJ to help with a back injury I got while in the Army..
Anyway hope to hear from ya soon!:pimp:

elicitdream
04-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I am newer to the area and need to find a doctor that can help me out. Any info would be great.

psteve
04-29-2008, 08:31 PM
I am newer to the area and need to find a doctor that can help me out. Any info would be great.
Did you not see the link two posts up?
Here it is again...
The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation, Medical Marijuana Doctors, Colorado Medical Marijuana Clinics, Denver, Colorado, Serving The Cannabis Community Since 1999, Medical Marijuana as treatment for chronic pain, chronic nausea, AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, chr (http://thc-foundation.com/colorado/)

elicitdream
04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Did you not see the link two posts up?
Here it is again...

Actually I didn't see that link I found it on another thread. I have checked it out now but thanks.

dillstill
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM
I am looking for info or comments on the Colorado Springs dispensary, open for some months now. Has anyone here had any dealings with this group?

dill

still lookin for cc1

painretreat
06-01-2008, 09:10 AM
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I LOVE THIS SITE AND FORUM; LOOK HOW NICE EVERYONE IS TO HELP EACH OTHER--WHERE ELSE ON THIS PLANET! CANNIBIS.COM ROCKS!! It is like, everyone is family and at least a friend willing to help! HOPE TO GET A CLUB GOING IN THE CAL. HIGH DESERT, WHEN I HAVE MORE SKILL! EVERYONE, PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK FOR BEING HERE! ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS! AS A GREENBEE MYSELF, IT HAS TAKEN A LOT OF PATIENCE FOR THEM TO GET ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. MODERATORS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING THIS SITE OPEN!;)

ghostbuffalo
06-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Hello there, my name is Matt. I live in Denver and suffer from migraines on a regular basis. I was wondering how difficult it would be to get medicinal marijuana in my case. I currently have no health insurance and no primary physician.
Also curious on how difficult it is to find a caregiver/provider after the paperwork is done if I am accepted. Thanx for your time
Matt

DrDichotomy
06-19-2008, 07:40 AM
I've got an MMJ card for California based on a history of chronic depression and insomnia. However, I just moved to Colorado and from what I've read, my condition isn't recognized in Colorado. First of all, am I right? If so, are there any alternatives?

kearbear0322
06-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Hi all,

Peace, Mat
Hi............
I moved to the Thornton/Denver area & I am in need of a doctor that will give me a prescription for medical Marijuana, I currently have no primary physician in Colorado. I suffer from severe nausea & cronic pain steming from a miscarriage & monthly menstral cramps. I have been prescribed Vicodin & Tylenol 3 w/ codine neither of which I can take because it makes me extermely sick, I have in the past "self medicated" with marijuana which has been the only thing that controls the pain without contributing to my nausea or making me sick. I need to find a doctor, if anyone has any info they could share I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks.
:icon220:

psteve
06-28-2008, 07:42 AM
I need to find a doctor, if anyone has any info they could share I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks.
:icon220:
You can find a doctor here (http://thc-foundation.com/colorado/).

ckronewitter
06-28-2008, 10:23 PM
i am new to this site and need to find a care giver on the Western Slope. Can anyone help me. cmk:rastasmoke:

nathanlemasters
07-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Your meeting would be very insightful. I live in Lakewood, CO. Is there info about the next time one will be happening? Can I bring my wife?

medigrower
07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
i am new to this site and need to find a care giver on the Western Slope. Can anyone help me. cmk:rastasmoke:
i am a care giver on the western slope, how can i help?

mmjnoob
07-19-2008, 07:40 PM
I'd also love some info. if this group still meets.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for primary care doctors that are both good and willing to prescribe mmj?

I've heard good feedback from folks who've gone through the foundation linked to in a previous post. I've heard of other large clinics as well. However, it is expensive and not covered by insurance that I'm aware.

It's also a good thing to have someone to call/see ongoing with questions, problems, health changes, etc. Especially if someone is uncomfortable being open with their existing primary care doctor about mmj.

If anyone knows of any good docs in the area share the wealth!

fUNKYcDOG
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Medical Marijuana in Colorado (http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/Medicalmarijuana/marijuanafactsheet.html)

hottea
09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Hello,
I'm a Colorado resident looking for a doctor that will let me register for medicinal use. I have chronic major upper back stress which often leads to severe headaches. Over the counter drugs rarely work, and frankly I don't like taking them. I don't have what "authorities" would consider debilitating illness...aids, cancer, ms, etc. However, nothing helps my pain like a small amount of marijuana, and would therefore love to find a doctor that would agree and let me become legal with it's use in moderation. Can any kind Colorado folks help me?
Thanks for your time and concern, Tea

fUNKYcDOG
09-10-2008, 01:55 AM
check out the web link right above you, just do some simple reading

plantwoman19
09-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I am interested in finding out the times and location of the facility in east Denver/Aurora that can hook me with up a caregiver. I'm finding it harder than I ever thought possible to locate one!

plantwoman19
09-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello,
I'm a Colorado resident looking for a doctor that will let me register for medicinal use. I have chronic major upper back stress which often leads to severe headaches. Over the counter drugs rarely work, and frankly I don't like taking them. I don't have what "authorities" would consider debilitating illness...aids, cancer, ms, etc. However, nothing helps my pain like a small amount of marijuana, and would therefore love to find a doctor that would agree and let me become legal with it's use in moderation. Can any kind Colorado folks help me?
Thanks for your time and concern, Tea
If hottea is still looking for a doc, try Dr. Kevin Clemmer whose office is in Lakewood. His number is 303-237-2968. New patient fee is $150 and subsequent visits are $125. He's very compassionate and should be able to help you out. He's not afraid to recommend marijuana or to write a script for narcotic pain relievers. Just be sure to take in your completed application form for him to sign. You can download the form and get the necessary info from the State of Colorado Health Department: Colorado Medical Marijuana forms (http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/Medicalmarijuana/medicalmarijuanaforms.html)

You have to go back every month for narcotics as he can write a script for only one month at a time.

ColoMedgrower
11-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Matt ,
Where are your meetings held and what day do you meet ? I,'m just a curious Colorado patient that grows this wonderful plant . Be safe & peaceout ,
ColoradoMedgrower :greenthumb:

plantwoman19
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Matt ,
Where are your meetings held and what day do you meet ? I,'m just a curious Colorado patient that grows this wonderful plant . Be safe & peaceout ,
ColoradoMedgrower :greenthumb:
ColoMedgrower,

I think you replied to the wrong post; please repost again to Matt regarding your question.

Also, I know of a group in Ft. Collins that meets weekly. If you are interested, I can send you info.

ColoMedgrower
11-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks Plantwoman19 for the offer . I have been to a couple of these clubs and I have been kicked out of a club for giving clones to patients that have very little money . Thanks again & I would like that information . Be safe & peaceout ,
ColoradoMedgrower

plantwoman19
11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Then you sound like the perfect person for this group. I am an MMJ user and very poor and can't afford to buy my medicine, or at least what I need on a monthly basis. This group, Colorado Chronix, is a compassion organization that gives me a quarter of a quarter ounce for free once a month and is very reasonable to purchase more medicine. I'll direct you to their website as that would be the best route to go, you know, secrecy and all that.

~Colorado CHRONIX Medicinal Cannabis Community~ (Fort Collins, CO) - Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-CHRONIX-Medicinal-Cannabis-Community/)

The leader is Richard, who goes by the name of Doc, and his wife, Laura (I think her name is). Please let Doc know I referred you (my name is Tanya) and I hope this introduction will be beneficial for you both and needy patients like me. Who knows, you may have a bountiful harvest and will be willing to donate some medicine to this organization.

Take care and I hope your next harvest exceeds your expectations!

:)

stinkyattic
11-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Thread is a bit shorter.
There is NO posting of email addys or other member contact info!
There is NO discussion of sales or trades of cuttings or product between members!
This is ILLEGAL in the United States on a Federal level and puts the site at risk. Read the rules please.
Also, there is no discussion of places to get narcotics perscriptions. This is strictly a medical cannabis information site.
Thank you for your cooperation.

plantwoman19
12-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Yes, I see that I went against the rules...sorry, I did not intentionally mean to do that. Thanks for keeping me in line. :(

fUNKYcDOG
12-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Yes, I see that I went against the rules...sorry, I did not intentionally mean to do that. Thanks for keeping me in line. :(

What part of Colorado you in?

GoGreen
12-09-2008, 04:53 AM
Hello, im interested in getting a perscription for MMJ as an alternative to over the counter pain medication. Most of the medication makes me nauseous in turn just making me feel crappy afterwards. So anyone that can help me obtain a perscription or a doc is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

p.s. Also interseted in the group meetings in Aurrora/Denver if they're still going on.

redeye6977
12-10-2008, 05:27 AM
I'm in search of a doctor in the western slope area to help me get a medical marijuana card for my chronic back pain. Any suggestions?

unseenspirit
12-11-2008, 05:32 AM
What i find highly amusing is how people are asking for Doctors who will give them a prescription for MMJ. No doctor can prescribe Cannabis anywhere and in this state (Colorado) a doctor can only recommend that a patient might benefit from the use of Cannabis.

unseenspirit
12-11-2008, 05:42 AM
If your serious and in need of a Doctor you can go to this site: CannaMed Doctor Referral Services - Home (http://www.cannamed.org/Home.htm) Click on that link and check out their site they are a legit group. They do not take any kind of insurance and the fee is $200 in addition to the $90 Medical Registry Fee. You will need medical records and a valid Colorado Drivers License/ I.D. , it is exactly like that THCF site mentioned earlier but I like these people better they helped me out a whole bunch. If you can not obtain your records they will help you with that too. They do 90% of the work and will walk you through the process and answer all your questions, and if you have a qualifying condition and the medical evidence to back it you will get your recommendation which will lead to your Registry Card. Best of luck to you all.

wcdave
07-27-2009, 02:57 AM
i think there are cheeper places than that

Corey500c
06-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Hey Matt, I've been looking around alot online to try to get some clarification, and so far it seems like you would probably be my best bet for info. I'm going to be moving to Denver from Houston, TX next year as a college student and I was wondering how easy it would be to get a recommendation if I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety, bipolar disorder, adhd, depression , insomnia, and chronic pain, and if you could just explain the process of doing so a little bit. Any information would be helpful and greatly appreciated, thanks.

telephone
06-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Hey Matt, I've been looking around alot online to try to get some clarification, and so far it seems like you would probably be my best bet for info. I'm going to be moving to Denver from Houston, TX next year as a college student and I was wondering how easy it would be to get a recommendation if I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety, bipolar disorder, adhd, depression , insomnia, and chronic pain, and if you could just explain the process of doing so a little bit. Any information would be helpful and greatly appreciated, thanks.

This Matt guy started this thread in 2007 and hasn't posted here (at least as matthewwp) in over a year. Sorry but you've revived a very outdated thread.

It looks as if chronic pain will be the only ticket for you to a mmj rec from a doc here in CO.

Maybe if you read some posts regarding the new bills introduced in the last month or tried calling one of the sticky-ed dispensaries with your questions you can get some answers.

Otherwise, there are the Westword ads for doc refs if you wanna go that route.

Zedleppelin
06-18-2010, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know if Doc in Ft Collins is still around? I met him and his wife a few years back, very nice people.

RosieA
06-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi all,

Peace, Mat

Could you please give the place and time where your organization is meeting? Thanks, this is a good idea.

bobbychuck67
01-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Hi all,

Peace, Mat

Hey Mat,

I joined this forum because of the emphasis on caregiving and patient support. I was a patient myself, but have since finally got the rights meds to help me in the traditional way. So I have some equipment. I've tried to sell it, but CL keeps yanking my add. Now I would just like to give the equipment away. It's not a gold mine exactly, but I am hoping that it might really help someone in need, who is growing to help themselves. Do you know some deserving soul that could really be helped out with some free stuff? Please contact me and I'll give you some details. Thanks!

bobbychuck67

CDS
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey Bobby, this thread is a few years old, not sure if Mat is still holding meetings. We have some patients who could really benefit from some help growing their own. Feel free to get in touch with us.