PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad my dog got run over yesterday evening

texas grass
12-20-2007, 03:17 AM
my poor little ziggy that i have had since 5 weeks old got ran over. he was a little stubborn doggie, but he was the greatest one of the smartest, and the most playful i have ever had. im goin to miss him dearly. i dont have a little ziggy to fight for foot space when sleeping, or give my table scraps or beg for some treats.

i think im goin have to get another baby to help fill the emptyness:(

1puff2puff3puff
12-20-2007, 03:28 AM
I am sorry to hear that, it sux when we loose our pets, especially when they are part of the family, i know how you feel, and in time a new doogy will help fill that space but you will always have a special place for Little Ziggy.. VERY CUTE DOG BTW!!

Sorry for your loss.....

wickerbill
12-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Hi TG, you have my sympathy, he looks very handsome in his photos.:(

Hilder420
12-23-2007, 02:14 AM
Im so sorry to hear that.. I hope he didnt suffer too much.. but its ok.. hes in doggie heaven now.. goddess will take care of him..

stinkyattic
12-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm so sorry Tex. He sounded like such a funny little critter when you talked about him before.
You already know I put my dog down (cancer) a couple weeks ago... I got a new dog from the shelter already and it is nice to fill the emptiness. It's so sad to turn around expecting to see a dog who isn't there...

Plus I bet your other dog misses him a lot, and would like a new buddy to play with.

birdgirl73
12-26-2007, 04:32 PM
My condolences, Tex. I know how much you loved your dog. That's a hard way to lose one, I'm sure. Take care and let us know how you're doing.

the image reaper
12-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry, TX, I lost a Rottie to a truck, almost had to restrain me, it hurt so bad ... God Bless ya

texas grass
12-31-2007, 02:23 PM
thanks for all the good comments, they have helped alot,

i would try and adopt 1 here in houston but for 1 they wont let me adopt because i dont have a fenced in yard, its crazy how strict they are when you try to adopt an animal. hopefully in about 2 months i can go buy me a new puppy:)

hows your new playmate stinky? what type?

yall all have a good new years

stinkyattic
01-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah the rescues are VERY strict- I applied to a couple and they all want to do home visits and want you to put up a 6' fence (Boxer resuce) before adopting a dog. Forget that; I've got a leash and some time on my hands, don't need a fence. Sheesh. And home visits? Lol yeah come on in and see my plants! I got my new friend at a municipal animal control facility where they are just happy to have a nice home for their stray dogs or neglect cases. She's another bulldog.
Have you looked at petfinder yet?
Montgomery County Animal Services (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TX1003.html)
Don't know how close this is to you, but this county animal shelter is LOADED with weener dogs! Including puppies!

silkyblue
01-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Im so sorry to hear of your little docksie getting ran over!!

thats a bummer! Did the vehicle stop? Most dont, sadly.

I have a docksie for a grandog, Henry, hes a little lover, I love docksies

my thoughts go out

texas grass
01-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Im so sorry to hear of your little docksie getting ran over!!

thats a bummer! Did the vehicle stop? Most dont, sadly.

I have a docksie for a grandog, Henry, hes a little lover, I love docksies

my thoughts go out

it was a nice older lady that hit him, she took him to a 24hr vet and they put him down, then she came back and told me. it was very very sweet of her to stop and help him as much as possible. i wish she would have let me see him first but oh well shit happens