PDA

View Full Version : Does human pooh traumatise earth worms?

sarah louise
12-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Toilet home 'may have traumatised' compost worms

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:12pm AEDT

A New Zealand inventor has been forced to defend the use of worms in a composting toilet he has developed after officials became concerned that the creatures might become traumatised by the procedure.

Coll Bell was told to get an expert's report on the mental impact on the tiger worms being used after an official became concerned during a site visit.

He says the official felt that the worms were being unfairly treated, being expected to deal with human faeces, and that it could affect them in a psychological way.

Mr Bell was told he had to get someone with the necessary qualifications to say the worms were happy.

A vermiculture consultant was called in and she has found the worms are in excellent health and breeding happily.

- AFP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/18/2121245.htm

This is why I get stoned before reading the news :jointsmile:

RUTBpiping
12-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Bahaha oh dear.

smokenss
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
thats the fuckn funnyest thing iv herd in ages:S2::S2:
r they sure that there werent any that were suicidal may in need of some anti-depresents (spl?) fuck me wat next?

angry nomad
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
WHAT THE FUCK! :stoned:

stinkyattic
12-20-2007, 06:13 PM
A vermiculture consultant was called in and she has found the worms are in excellent health and breeding happily.
This is why I get stoned before reading the news

That's hilarious. 'Breeding happily'... I understand breeding status as a measure of invertebrate health, but HAPPILY? Did she hear moans and giggles?

Goodness. What next? Stoned indeed!

sarah louise
12-21-2007, 08:17 AM
How does one assess 'mental trauma' in an earth worm? :wtf:

CultureCherryPopper
12-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Hahaha....wow. Earthworms barely have a nerve cord, let alone a brain with which to deal with emotions, or thoughts, or anything. Worms serve to help the decomposition process and reproduce, let 'em do what they do. Feelings of worms....glad I was stoned for that one.

needap
12-27-2007, 02:47 PM
what a load of shit:)

sarah louise
12-27-2007, 03:22 PM
what a load of shit:)

well it really makes me think that kiwis are really caring sharing environmentally mined people who care about the mental wellbeing of even the tiger worms that eat their pooh. You can't really rag on people for being so caring and environmentally sensitive now, or can you?