PDA

View Full Version : Ipod radio transmitter.

crudemood
12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey techies! crudemood needs a little advice.
I was looking at ipod radio transmittors for my car well because i want to share my music to my whole car and not just myself. I was looking at
KENSINGTON DIGITAL FM TRANSMITTER
in the first pic looked like the best bet.

I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for a good transmitter that doesn't have too much static AND also plays on regular stereos at home and not just your car because I'm not sure about this kensington one.

Thanks appreciate it :)

snowblind
12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
griffins were the standard as they were the first, but there are many now. that one looks like it should be all good as the wire from the port to the charger will act as an ariel so i doubt you will get any static.

i had an orginal griffin and a newer one and i have never had static unless it wasnt tuned in.

i have one that is powered from the ipod as then i can use it to play through portable radios and hi fis when im out and about

but if its just for your car that'll be wikid cus it wll charge your pod too.

peace

crudemood
12-17-2007, 04:06 AM
Yeah I was looking at griffons too. it was part of my top 2 choices besides the kesington.
Thanks!

07silmax
12-17-2007, 04:09 AM
most radiotransmitters don't differ too much, if you can, get an auxiliary input or something, you will get the best sound quality out of that, once you turn the volume up on something using a radio transmitter, the quality tends to suck big time, aux u can turn it up as loud as you want and it's the same

MasterKief
12-17-2007, 04:13 AM
I personally have not have good experiences with the radio transmitters. I know it sucks not having a CD player, but I started to enjoy regular radio after dealing with such a bad connection with the transmitter. :p

snowblind
12-17-2007, 09:17 AM
no problems.

as for the sound problems, they can get a little distorted if you turn them up all the way, but the car speakers are power and the ipod isn't so much so half way on the tuner and full in the car will be more than loud enough.

can't believe the trouble you guys have had. ive had nothing but happy sailing

peace

crudemood
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
ooh finally a good review!
snowblind which transmitter do you have? i'm curious. maybe i'll get the same one, sounds like its all good for you !

snowblind
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
yeah they rock, i had an orginal one but it died with my first gen ipod R.I.P :sadcrying

but then i got a 5g video :dance:

so i got one of these but in black

iTrip Dock LCD (iPod and Nano) - £23.99 with Free Shipping from The iTrip Store UK (http://www.itripstore.co.uk/product/4021/itrip_dock_lcd_ipod_and_nano.htm)

my little sister has a 2g nano i bought her (im good like that)

and she has one of these

Nano II FM Transmitters (silver) - £23.99 with Free Shipping from The iTrip Store UK (http://www.itripstore.co.uk/product/4482/nano_ii_fm_transmitters_silver.htm)

but in pink cus shes girly like that.

mine displays the station, but the nano one the station comes up on the screen then you use the controls to change it.

there definately worth it. never looked back. my car used to be a mess with cds all over the place, but now its just filled with food wrapers :glugglug:

peace

crudemood
12-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Those look great!
I'll definitely look into those as possible choices.
I'd rep you but i cant!
yeah, my car is starting to get to that point too, such pigs we are :)
Okay, thanks for the feedback snowblind. :)

LaZ
12-18-2007, 02:53 AM
I would suggest picking up an iTrip. It's an FM Transmitter that you just plug into your iPod and select the radio station to play your music through. I have one and I use it all the time. I got mine for $20 at kmart.

snowblind
12-18-2007, 01:55 PM
/\/\/\/\ same as me buddy, thats a griffin i trip.

no worries, least my nerdyness has a use ;)

hope you get one sorted

peace

NinjaToke
12-24-2007, 10:07 PM
well i would reccomend transpod because thats what i use... but it only comes with a car adapter because you have to plug it into the cig lighter thing... and if you wanted to use it in your house you would have to buy an adapter to plug to the wall so it might not be for you... its also really pricey =\

chisme
12-27-2007, 09:34 PM
you knw if you get a belkin one theres a mod on the net to make it work up to 3 miles i think i still have the link somewhere

snowblind
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
hey crudemood, just checking back to see if you got a tranny, lol, and what you think of it.