PDA

View Full Version : A long night ahead...

GoreStorm
12-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm obviously new to the forum, high everyone.

The reason I'm posting at 2:06am is because I have been out of weed for 2 days now (mightn't seem like a lot to some...) and I'm having ALOT of trouble sleeping. Last night I slept between 4:00am and 6:00am, and tonight will be no different I guess. I never realised how much weed assisted me getting to sleep (Not passing out).

Oh and the dreams! I remember my dreams being fucked up when I wasn't smoking, but this is just bat-shit crazy! I know hearing/reading about people dreams is fucking boring so I'll keep it in a single point form:

People committing suicide by placing the sharp end of pencil in their ear and standing in front of a speeding train to push it through their brains.

Thanks to the internet I have been almost completely desensitized by just about everything, but this still managed to freak me out. Anyone know enough about dreams to help me figure it out?

At the moment I'm waiting in anticipation for 2 things. A "special" delivery of green-god and my downloads to finish. Because when a massive bowl, Kung Pow :Enter the Fist (movie), The Mighty Boosh (series) and I Am Legend (movie) come together it shall be absolutely brutal!

I apologise if this thread is pointless and annoying, but I get that way after I've been sleep and drug deprived for a few days.

So if there are any Aussies awake feel free add me to MSN as I have nothing better to do at the moment than write a incomprehensible post and chat to people I don't know online.

sarah louise
12-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Welcome GoreStorm,

The lack of sleep and lucid dreaming are just rapid detox symptoms. They will pass, either by continuing to detox until the body adjusts to the absence of cannabis, or by getting hold of more dope to smoke and pushing the blood levels back up to your 'normal' level.

Sara Lou :hippy:

Kenn
12-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Man I hear ya ..shit Im out too atm first time in months .Having the same bullshit symptoms,This afternoon should bring sleep and calm thoughts....as long as my mate comes thru otherwise ITS...STRESS TIME.:mad:...oh yeah welcome aboard mate :thumbsup:

GoreStorm
12-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome and information everyone, that sure does explain alot. Nice to know its a normal occurance, but sucks that you've got it to Kenn.
Once I got to sleep last night (around 4:15am) I had another lucid dream, this one contained a wolf like creature attacking an unreconisable house that my entire family lived in and killing everyone, me last. Yes, I die in my dreams, its happened 3 times I can remember.

sarah louise
12-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Review of the Validity and Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome.

Review of the Validity and Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome -- Budney et al. 161 (11): 1967 -- Am J Psychiatry (http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/161/11/1967)

Appendix 1 Proposed Cannabis Withdrawal Criteria

Review of the Validity and Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome -- Budney et al. 161 (11): 1967 Figure 1 -- Am J Psychiatry (http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/161/11/1967/A1)

happy reading :hippy:

if you don't feel like reading just click the second link for the symptom list. Some folks will also experience some psychotic symptoms (strange thoughts or perceptions) but this seems only to happen with people who already have underlying psychopathology, ie they have already been diagnosed with a non cannabis induced mental health condition.

GoreStorm
12-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the links. I'll be sure to take a detailed look tonight, as I'm sure I'll be up again...

Kenn
12-17-2007, 10:25 AM
All good now..my mate came thru with some nice fresh nugs that we had to air to dry properly...,hope you have some luck too G.S,man when your just used to having it there all the time it hits ya hard when you cant find any..Cant wait till my grow comes thru only 6 weeks to go then no worries till the outdoor comes thru ..ahhhh the relief...:stoned: :) heres a pic of my bud ......;)

GoreStorm
12-17-2007, 12:02 PM
That looks soo tastey. I bet you're loving it at the moment and even more so in 6 weeks!

Its not a matter of not finding any, its a matter of funding at the moment. With Christmas coming up etc, I have $300+ in fines, $4000 on my credit card and no job... (Man I sound like a dead beat) Just a rough patch at the moment... I promise...

Asked my girl how she would feel about having a small grow, she wasn't really into it. I don't blame her really, we live in a apartment with a tiny backyard. My dad and aunty are a cops, and we have friends, "friends" and family over a bit. So that is out of the question. - However, starting one at a mates place isn't out of the question ;)

Regarding your comment "we had to air to dry properly" Kenn, does that actually make it better? I always thought the wetter the better - or have I been misled..?

RUTBpiping
12-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Regarding your comment "we had to air to dry properly" Kenn, does that actually make it better? I always thought the wetter the better - or have I been misled..?

Yes yes you have.

Its needs to be dry.

GoreStorm
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Any tips on how to best go about it? Anything else I should know? I was considering myself a seasoned smoker up until now.

Thanks for the heads up, hahaha.

RUTBpiping
12-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Any tips on how to best go about it? Anything else I should know? I was considering myself a seasoned smoker up until now.

Thanks for the heads up, hahaha.

If you look around this forum there are guides on drying im sure.

Kenn
12-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Everyone has theyre own way of drying weed ,ive found the best way is in a dark dry place with a fan gently blowing over them. Also cut ur branches when ready of course and hang em upside down from string lines to dry ...this is how ive always dried my weed.As for smokin wet weed ..thats a no no man to get the most outta ya weed u have to dry it before smokin so it burns nicely and u can sink a bowl or cone in one hit not 10 tokers they suck.:smokin:

420_24/7
12-17-2007, 09:33 PM
To see someone commit suicide in you dream, highlights your concerns for that person. Also consider what characteristics and qualities in that person you may be trying to "kill" and annihilate in your own self. Perhaps you hope that you are not like that person in some way and are making attempts to get rid of those traits within your own self.

Internet knows more than i do