PDA

View Full Version : Gibberellic Acid/making females into males

kuri
02-06-2005, 05:19 AM
hi there, has anyone heard of gibberelic acid? there are many sites on it if you google it. LOL i know some people may want to curse at me because of this. gibberellic acid is a mix that plant people use to boost growth in some plants and if you spray it on a female flower, it can change that ONE flower into a male so you can fertilize the other female flowers on that one plant and then you seeds would be 100% feminized seeds from then on. of course you wouldn't want to do that for each generation of that plant as too much inbreeding.... you know what that can do.

i want to do this IF i have a female plant so i can have a backup of seeds for the future. because i started with only 2 seeds and i would want some backups for the future if i need it. i am cloning right now, but if there was a time where i had to stop all the process, i want a backup of seeds.

so i'm just throwing this thread out to start a conversation about this to see what anyone else thinks of this technique with gibberellic acid. can't wait to hear all sorts of opinions. take care

kuri
02-07-2005, 04:12 AM
wow, no one has comments on gibberellic acid?

kuri
02-09-2005, 03:37 AM
aw man, i'm so bummed no one is responding with any opinions on the use of gibberellic acid... :(

IthoughtIknewitall
02-10-2005, 12:41 AM
I would try it on a few buds, pick off the ones which you dont use when they are ripe, let the rest get way past ripe. I have never used it but I have heard from reliable sources to spray little amount every day for 14 days with a 100 ppm solution and add a little wetting agent to improve uptake. Let it pollinate with other females to prevent inbreeding.