PDA

View Full Version : J. K. Rowling . . .

naturelovinpuffer
11-18-2007, 01:22 AM
who on here thinks that she was fucked up out of her mind on some kind of hallucinogens. ya think??

Nochowderforyou
11-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Is she the one who wrote LOTR? That long winded story about a damn ring? :p

LvT
11-18-2007, 01:37 AM
no she wrote harry potter dude lol

Nochowderforyou
11-18-2007, 01:43 AM
no she wrote harry potter dude lol

Ha ha! Oops. Same shit, different pile I suppose.

Well LOTR sucked! Except the the hour long battle scene in the last one.

cannabis campbell
11-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Everyone I know loves LOTR I HATED all of them not my kind of film/book at all.

naturelovinpuffer
11-18-2007, 06:06 AM
I hate LOTH too and kinda like harry potter here and there. i also hate star wars

yokinazu
12-26-2007, 09:32 PM
lord of the rings is by J R Tolkien. not my favorite book but it is the one that set the standard for all fantasy novels that came after it. hell you could even argue that the game dungens and dragons is loosly based on that book. i actually liked the book the hobit better ,which is a prequel to lotr.

as far as rowling on drugs, i dont think so. her books may be a good read, i enjoyed reading them to my daughter, but you dont have to be on drugs to use the ideas that someone else thought up before you. what amazed me about her writing was the amount of research she put into the books

dragonrider
01-15-2008, 02:38 AM
I don't think she was high. She just has a very good imagination and is a very skilled writer.

Tolkien wasn't high when he wrote LOTR either, but Peter Jackson was definitely very very high when he made the movies, and not just on weed either.

jessem98
01-15-2008, 02:44 AM
I HATE LOTR, love harry potter. LOTR is completely not in my interest

Hilder420
01-15-2008, 02:53 AM
I watched one film, and it wasnt really my cup o tea, I liked the harry potter books, and the movies, but if you want good fantasy, read Orson Scott Card. his alvin maker series are genius. Ive read maybe 9 of his books, and loved them ALL..

yokinazu
01-18-2008, 06:56 AM
i just read that one series that the golden compass came out of it was pretty good

Blazerboy1
02-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Is she the one who wrote LOTR? That long winded story about a damn ring? :p

I bet Tolkin is spinning in his garve. he'll come back and kill you for that you know?

love n stuff:hippy:

Blazerboy1
02-22-2008, 12:59 AM
who on here thinks that she was fucked up out of her mind on some kind of hallucinogens. ya think??

oh yes she was, i tell you who else is as well, anne rice, have any of you read those Vampire chronicals? they are well fucked up, but great all the same

mrbrowntheclown
07-23-2008, 08:35 PM
a while ago i went through a phase of smoking and reading harry potter. i read all of them and i kept on noticing how most of the number would be 420 something like 422 galions or 427 broomsticks or whatever. there were other wierd things like that i cant rember. not that that means she smoked it just was a little bit funny.

Gandalf_The_Grey
07-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Ha ha! Oops. Same shit, different pile I suppose.

Well LOTR sucked! Except the the hour long battle scene in the last one.

Everyone I know loves LOTR I HATED all of them not my kind of film/book at all.

I hate LOTH too and kinda like harry potter here and there. i also hate star wars

I HATE LOTR, love harry potter. LOTR is completely not in my interest

You all just made my list.

seattlesmoke247
10-07-2008, 02:55 PM
You all just made my list.

rofl

HannahAbbot
01-06-2011, 06:40 AM
I watched one film, and it wasnt really my cup o tea, I liked the harry potter books, and the movies, but if you want good fantasy, read Orson Scott Card. his alvin maker series are genius. Ive read maybe 9 of his books, and loved them ALL..

Huge fan of Orson Scott Card. I need to finish the Maker series. For an amazing read (it really doesn't matter what you're into because it's character driven, but I guess you'd call it Sci-Fi) read the Ender's Game series. Sooooo good. All of his books have the chosen one type hero who has huge shoes to fill from a young age.

And on topic I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan. From the thousands of articles and interviews I've read I don't think that J.K. Rowling would be a smoker. But from the views she presents in her books and general attitude I don't think she'd have anything against it. She's a very laid back person.