PDA

View Full Version : Job Description for the Next Pope

Herbaholic00
02-04-2005, 11:39 PM
To ensure the vitality of the Catholic Church, the successor to John Paul II must embrace science, reject globalization, reach out to the Islamic worldâ??and brush up on economics.

Summary:
â??With Pope John Paul II in failing health, speculation grows about the person who will eventually succeed the pontiff and which broad goals he should pursue. Religious historian R. Scott Appleby argues that the next pope should embrace science, reject globalization, reach out to the Islamic worldâ??and brush up on his economics.â??

http://gnn.tv/headlines/headline.php?id=1024

Peace

Euphoric
02-06-2005, 02:26 AM
what difference does the pope make any way? good riddance to ya pope john paul II :p

jacquelyne
02-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Actually just thinking about it.The majority of people in life that have hurt me are Catholics.All these people that go on about religion or church or whatever are usually the biggest sinners of all its just a cover as they think it will give them a free ticket to heaven.Fucking hipocrites

F L E S H
02-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Catholics don't hold a monopoly on hypocrisy. They do as much harm as any other religious fundamentalist.

As for the Pope, to me it's always sad to see an old man who tries so hard but is so weak... Popes in the past have been liars, adulterers, war-mongers, anti-semites, but I think JPII was going in the right direction (as far as the most conservative institution in the world can go in the right direction :D) and I hope that the next pope will be just as, if not more, open-minded than the last one.

Looker
02-15-2005, 06:03 PM
JUST TELL THE PRIESTS TO STOP MOLESTING YOUNG BOYS

adh endo
02-16-2005, 04:38 AM
one pope was born the son of a Pirate,
not just any pirate, but whatever the equivalent of a Mafia Don would be a thousand years ago..

maybe 500 years..

i read the book ages ago and it was based on a true story..

SuburbanLife224
02-19-2005, 10:23 PM
To ensure the vitality of the Catholic Church, the successor to John Paul II must embrace science, reject globalization, reach out to the Islamic worldâ??and brush up on economics.

Summary:
â??With Pope John Paul II in failing health, speculation grows about the person who will eventually succeed the pontiff and which broad goals he should pursue. Religious historian R. Scott Appleby argues that the next pope should embrace science, reject globalization, reach out to the Islamic worldâ??and brush up on his economics.â??

http://gnn.tv/headlines/headline.php?id=1024

Peace

Hey there angel

Laughs. I know

SuburbanLife224
02-19-2005, 11:11 PM
JUST TELL THE PRIESTS TO STOP MOLESTING YOUNG BOYS

You get it.