PDA

View Full Version : 12/12 cycle AND clones... what do i do?

kuri
02-04-2005, 01:16 AM
i have an NFT system with 400W HPS light and have two plants that just went into flowering 12/12 cycle. 3 days ago, i took a couple clones and have them separated on a 24hr florescent light. my question is after my clones get roots, what can i do after that?

the reason i ask that is because i only have this one NFT system and they are in the 12/12 flowering with the nutes adjusted for flowering. IF in about 2-3 weeks when the clones have roots, is there any method i don't know about that i can implement them into the NFT 12/12 system? because if i cannot do that, then i would have to revert the 12/12 back to 18/6 until the clones were ready for flowering. or can i put the clones straight into flowering when i transfer them to the NFT system.

i hope i have described this clearly. i have ONE growing system and two sets of plants (flowering and clones) that are in two different growing stages. what can i do. thank you for anyone's help. take care

kuri
02-06-2005, 01:01 AM
hello again, i was wondering if any one comes by and reads this post and does not reply, can you let me know why i'm not getting any replies? is my question hard to understand. i'm in the 4th day of cloning and they are looking good, but the nft system is the 12/12 flowering stage, what do i do with the clones when they are ready to go into the system? is it okay to put clones into a system that is in the flowering stage? and plans to be like that for the next 6-8 weeks? please, i hope someone can respond. thanks

Bspectral
02-06-2005, 02:18 AM
u can grow them clones in 12/12 after they'r well rooted which will be in weeks. Keep them under 24/7 for at least 4 weeks if u can. -If u want to leave them longer than 4 weeks at 24/7 u can too.

kuri
02-06-2005, 02:32 AM
thank you bespectral for that advice. that is kind of what i was wanting to do is keep them in the cloning device i made for as long as i can so they would not be in the 12/12.

is it okay that when they start to root that i could put them in rockwool and have them grow like that while waiting to put them in the nft system. thank you for your responses.

kuri
02-06-2005, 02:59 AM
will it effect the clones after they have rooted and i put them in a system that is already in a 12/12 stage?

and if they can take the 12/12 cycle.... what about the NUTES that are in the REZ that are for blooming? what would that do for the new cloney?

Bspectral
02-06-2005, 04:32 AM
will it effect the clones after they have rooted and i put them in a system that is already in a 12/12 stage?

and if they can take the 12/12 cycle.... what about the NUTES that are in the REZ that are for blooming? what would that do for the new cloney?next time cut ur clones already in flowering so u'l be harvesting when u start them 12/12.--------when u put these clones u have now in 12/12 they will be fine taking in the nutes for a bit because u will stop the nutes anyway a week before harvest right?-then they'l pick up speed.

kuri
02-06-2005, 05:10 AM
bspectral, thank you very much for you kind advice. there are so many things to remember, but i've heard that B4 to go straight ph balanced water for the last week or two before harvest. so that would be perfect to put the clones in at that time or a bit before in the bloom mix. thanks for the reminder and tip. take care