PDA

View Full Version : help my seedlings r stretching

mama
02-26-2004, 11:17 AM
can anyone help.my seedlings are about two weeks old with 4inch stems and very small first leaves.is this normal.

mrxthethcman
02-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Its hard to tell with no pics,but mine were the same dont worry they will b fine.Are they under lights?.In sunlight?.Give us some more info on how they are growing,and i might come up with some answer for you mate.

Peace

godzbudz
02-26-2004, 12:47 PM
if u r growing them under lights then u probly dont have them close enough to the light so they r trying to get closer to the light which is why they r stretching. if u r growing using the sun then try to keep them in a position where the light stays strong for a good period of the day. u shud still get some bud but it just means ur plants will be a little bit tall and lanky. i have a friend whos growing some seeds i gave him using the sun, his are about the same hight only on the first set of leaves, im vegging under floros and mine are 3inches and have 4/5 nodes

the unamed pot head
02-26-2004, 05:26 PM
do anyone know about this mail order cannabis seed purcharse service?
i wanna grow some of the good bud.

cannabecea
02-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Hey

Streching if often because of a lack of light. The light is too far or not stong enought (no watage, ever tried to grow with a 5 watt lamp? impossible!). Personally i think that growing with the sun is the best, if you can find a good spot that haves a strong light (as you said godzbudz) its better. But if its winter (with snow and temperatures below 15°celcius) you shuld grow inside. Witch lamp? Most of the old growers with cash and experiance tell ya :HPS/MH lamps. HPS goes to 400 watts ad MH 1000 watts, thats a hole lot of power and you dont have any stretchin at all. But if you grow with fluos, remember that the more watts the better, so keep the fluos on top of the plant and kepp at max 2" of space between them. Use Daylight fluos for veg stage and warm spectrum fluos for flowering.

Thats it hope this will help

see ya :)

NowhereMan
02-27-2004, 01:34 AM
nice post cannabecca

i agree with every word about the lights,

was experimenting not long ago
i found that a plant getting six hour in window sunshine and six hours of floro(personally used only 250 watts)and 12hrs total darkness was enough to get a few nice buds off a small topped twice and stunted like hell plant,,,,but was nice smoke.
just didnt get much ya see,

i love to cross breed strians and see what it comes up with

this spring ill be trying out one i crossed myself,
magnum 44 from klozitkings,,and local skunk(west virginia)
considering they were grown under very restricted conditions
lack of proper light being one ,i hope the seeds are good,i know the weed would be,
peace

mellow mood
02-29-2004, 07:17 PM
hey mama, give us more info. but like others said, may be insufficient light. ;)

smknjoe
03-01-2004, 01:18 AM
type of strain? like other ppl have said it's most likely the lack of light or light intensity that is causing the plant to stretch

vlad the inhaler
03-01-2004, 12:44 PM
can anyone help.my seedlings are about two weeks old with 4inch stems and very small first leaves.is this normal.
what kind of lighting are you using?? and how close to the plants is the light? or are you growing outdoors? i am using 40 watt cool white floro's i keep them 1-2 inches away from the tops and my babies are not too small or not too tall :D also i have an ocilating fan on them, set to low and not too close so it provides just enough wind to slightly shake the seedlings too make them strong so they will be able to handle the 'height and weight' issues to come.

cannabecea
03-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Hey

For the fluos use Daylight tubs, at least 48" long (at least, you can have 24" but you must have at least 80 watts for a good crop, i grew with 40 watts but the plants wasnt so bad anyway). Keep the fluos 2" from the top of the plant. If you use MH/HPS lights, then i dont know the space between the plant and lamp but im shure its more than a feet. When you grow on vegetative stage (the plants grow about to 5 feet to prepare it for flowering stage) you use daylight fluos, you can use cool withe too. When you switch to flowering stage you can swith to warm spectrum or wide spectrum fluos for more "potent" buds. You can use the daylights for flowering but with less efenciency (buds less compact etc etc). remember that the more watts the better and always take out the exess heat: never over 30°c (im my closet it climbs to 30° but i use a fan to take out the heat, if the heat is present for a too long period of time there will be some drying of the plant etc etc).

I hope this will help

see ya ;)