PDA

View Full Version : Ring Sports for dogs

dylan
10-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Do any of you have any experience, or interest in ring sports for dogs? sports like schund, knvp, or french ring?

I am quite interested in them, but have little experience.

OLDE ENGLISH '800
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
whats that? dont think ive heard of it.

dylan
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I misspelled schutzhund...oops, damn german words(confusing).

Schutzhund consists of three phases: tracking, obedience, and protection. A dog must pass all three phases in one trial to be awarded a schutzhund title. It is primarily a competition with german sheppards and belgin malinosis, but is open to all breeds.

KNPV, is an abbreviation for "Koninklijke Nederlandse Politiehond Vereniging" or Royal Dutch Police Dog Association. This organization conducts police dog trials and offers certificates that are among the most coveted and respected in the world.

French ring is another dog sport, but unlike the other two mentioned above, it consists of only obedience, and protection, but is known to have the toughest agatators, or helpers of any ring sport.

There are many other ring sports for dogs, but tese are some of the more poplular ones.

OLDE ENGLISH '800
10-25-2007, 11:24 PM
oh sounds cool, i do weight pulling with my bullies and portection training i have a bite sleeve and its fun but i wouldnt want to be a intruder

dylan
10-26-2007, 01:33 AM
That's cool! What line of bullies do you have?

I want to get some virgil dogs for manwork, but I also want a hard malinosis for both senting and manwork.

I love AB's though. I think that will be the first dog I get. A friend of mine has a good working AB, and uses it for hog hunting. That dog will track, corner, and slam a hog to the ground. We've been releasing them so far, but as soon as he gets a big one we are going to keep it for dinner.

OLDE ENGLISH '800
10-26-2007, 02:33 AM
ive had em all havent met a bully breed i havent liked
heres a couple of pics
1st one is rosemary,second one is nikki who is currently trying to lay in my lap as i write this the dog in the back of the pic is a finish spitz named bear

Cali2
11-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I breed AB's .Done some decoy work too. Fun shit.

dannyboy420
11-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Ring sports for dogs are cool.

Get a pitbull into the ring with another and let them go at it -- nothing cooler.

dylan
11-09-2007, 12:51 AM
I breed AB's .Done some decoy work too. Fun shit.

I am planing to do some breeding in the future. Do you have a website, or any pics of your yard?

Cali2
11-09-2007, 06:16 AM
I dont have a website yet. I have a small program consists of five bitches all down from my deceased stud Crash BST CD1 IDT5 OFA good CGC GDT.He was a cool dog he won like four Iron dog comps.I dont have a stud at this time, I figure I can go to any male in the country for a stud fee. My lines are basiclly west coast hybrid stuff. I'll try to post some pics of my bitches.

psychocat
11-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Get a pitbull into the ring with another and let them go at it -- nothing cooler.

Dip you in meat juice and throw you in the middle and then we got some fun.
People like you shouldn't be allowed any kind of animals.

stinkyattic
11-15-2007, 04:05 PM

This is NOT cool. In fact, it's already been spelled out here in these forums that that sort of talk will not be tolerated.

By 'ring sports' the OP very clearly spelled out what he meant; these are all sanctioned, legal dog trials that are not cruel to the animals.

Shame.

Please read this:
http://boards.cannabis.com/pets-animals/129785-game-dog-enthusiasts.html#post1662358