PDA

View Full Version : New Stealthed Box

shaddr3
02-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Alright first off my goals of this box... I plan on growing a specific strain to my liking by seedlings, growing that mother plant and cloning it. I am going to be putting the clones inside of this grow box when completed. Im not really in a rush for the box, as I have other growing areas that I use right now.

I got this box from Ikea. Didnt even pay for it too. A few years back I went shopping there, threw away my drink in the dumpster that the store had on the side of the building. I peaked in there and saw that they throw away anything that has the slightest scratch on it (got over $2,000 worth of furniture over two trips there :p) anyways...

I plan on growing in soil, I just dont think I have enough room for a hydro setup, maybe if the pump is external on the back of the box and if I custom fiberglass my own resivoir/container. Thats the only possibility with going hydro with this small application. I deffinitally plan on using the SCROG Sea of green method (this as a first for me). Hopefully this turns out well.

Im going to be buying two 75W HPS Security lights, and rewiring them to fit inside here, with a custom reflectors up top from <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=5&k=sheet%20metal" onmouseover="window.status='sheet metal'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">sheet metal</a>. 150W in a confound space of this requires constant airflow so im installing a 120mm fan on the bottom of the box from the back. Then im installing a fan on the upper part of the box, blowing through a custom <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=5&k=carbon%20filter" onmouseover="window.status='carbon filter'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">carbon filter</a>. I plan on buying the furnace filters, cut them to size, and layer them up top, adding activated carbon, so the top fan blows air through this. Both fans will be running on a single switch, so that once I have to open the cabinet, I can turn off the fans before I do so that it doesnt create a smell in the air. I may use my four 18" fluros on the walls for vegitation, still debating because of the room. Thinking about it again I just might, just because they're cooler and would allow the plants to recieve lights from all areas although vegitation wont be that long. The door will be on an inside hinge, and so that no light seeps through in total darkness, I will be filling in the cracks with foil tape. To make sure the cabinet closes securly, i'll be putting a 1inch by 1inch long beam from the top to the bottom where the door closes (this allows complete sealment), putting magnets on both sides. The problem im running into now is the door, seems to be smaller than the whole unit so I might cut some identical additional wood and add it to there, shouldnt be too obvious unless looked at very closely. Depending on financial issues, I might just buy a carbon scrubber and install it on the back, thus giving me more room inside. Im also going to be putting the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=5&k=chicken%20wire" onmouseover="window.status='chicken wire'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">chicken wire</a> in two or three areas across the whole box near the tops. As the clones progress, im going to twist tie them to the desired holes in the screen. The power unit will be installed on the back, along with the light timers. I've already wired the fans to a DC pack, and tested them to a perfect speed. Im also thinking about possibly buying a 20oz Co2 tank, and slowly releasing air inside here, with a hook up attachment so I can get it filled once a week. I might change the two lights, instead of 75W, two 150W's. Im scared that might get too hot.

I have a lot of plans, hopefully it all goes well according to plan, in the meantime heres the current pictures. Enojy~

http://community.webshots.com/album/118646316mkpGNj

kyskunk3
02-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Hey, this looks nice. Im thinking about the same thing. Whats on top of your box? What are the dimensions of the box. Im thinking about building a box. Just really beginning planning for it. Im most familiar w/ organic soil. Keep me up to date, really interested on how it goes peace

shaddr3
02-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Those are just snowboarding stickers and stuff like that.

kyskunk3
02-01-2005, 09:04 PM
ahhh. it looked like some electrical work or something. what are demensions on your box?