PDA

View Full Version : Zydot for hair

hooka0792
10-17-2007, 01:16 PM
What's the difference between Zydot and Aloe Rid and/or Shampoo 3 from Mitchell? Are the latter not purifiers?

Also, if you had like 5 days to clean out your hair, what regimen would you follow to maximize your chances?

Macujo - couldn't you use vinegar and 2% sal acid and then use one of the above or is Tide that much better than the Rid and the 3? I heard somewhere that you could use heat (dryer) with this method to enhance? If you leave the stuff in for more than 10-15 minutes does that destroy your hair? I would think the longer Is there such a thing as overkill?

I have heard of people bleaching. Is that best done the night before or does that matter. Does one time do the trick or should you double dose before coloring back?

Just interested in how many times a day you can use these methods and for how long the stuff should stay in.

Thanks dudes...

FakeBoobsRule
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
What's the difference between Zydot and Aloe Rid and/or Shampoo 3 from Mitchell? Are the latter not purifiers?

Also, if you had like 5 days to clean out your hair, what regimen would you follow to maximize your chances?

Macujo - couldn't you use vinegar and 2% sal acid and then use one of the above or is Tide that much better than the Rid and the 3? I heard somewhere that you could use heat (dryer) with this method to enhance? If you leave the stuff in for more than 10-15 minutes does that destroy your hair? I would think the longer Is there such a thing as overkill?

I have heard of people bleaching. Is that best done the night before or does that matter. Does one time do the trick or should you double dose before coloring back?

Just interested in how many times a day you can use these methods and for how long the stuff should stay in.

Thanks dudes...

You don't do a lot of laundry do you? Think of your hair as a white cotton shirt and the THC metabolites as a big grease stain. Sometimes you have to treat the stain more than once to get it out. Depending on your smoking history, hair type, and color you may have to do many things to your hair or maybe just one treatment. Lighter colored hair and thin hair are usually easier to treat than dark or thick hair.

Zydot is specifically designed to remove drug metabolites from hair. Aloe Rid and Paul Mitchell Cleanse 3 are marketed as things that remove environmental contaminants from chlorine from swimming and things from hair sprays, gels, mouses, etc. It stands to reason that since Zydot is designed for the purpose of beating drug tests and ALoe Rid and PM 3 are not, the Zydot would be the stronger choice. Aloe Rid and PM 3 are useful though.

Back to laundry, you asked if you could use one of those shampoos instead of Tide? Tide is probably the strongest laundry detergent on the market. It will clean your clothes but it will fade and eat them up too. Tide is far away stronger than shampoo, far and away. Try washing a load of dirty clothes in Head and Shoulders and see what happenes. I don't think you can use conditioner to replace Downy either. The Mac method tries to make the hair porous so that the detergent can enter the hair shaft. Detergents are also stronger than soaps. There is a chemical difference.

Letting it soak longer probably helps a little more but at some point, there is going to be diminishing returns. I don't think anyone has proof heat helps but heat added to many chemical processes helps the chemical process so that is probably the working theory on that.

Bleaching hair helps remove metabolites. Doing it twice probably removes more than doing it once but probably doesn't remove twice as much metabolites. The color does nothing, only to keep you from looking suspicious or a punk rocker.

If you do the mac method multiple times it will make your scalp raw. Hair bleaching is also rough on the scalp. If you are going to do multiple macs, you probably want to do the hair bleaching after the first couple of ones before your scalp gets too raw. Other than that, order matters little. Mac will fade the hair coloring slightly in some cases.

I think I covered all your questions.

BTW for those who are wondering, the macujo method is soaking the hair in vinegar and 2% salicylic acid, which is found in several OTC acne preparations, for about 10 minutes then using Tide or other laundry detergent. There is also a government study showing Zydot can reduce THC metabolites by 23-39%.

killerweed420
10-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Its going to be a sad day if follicle tests become mainstream like UA's.But hopefully someone would come up with a real good cleaner.

RunningScared
10-17-2007, 09:50 PM
@ hooka0792

What is your test for? Is this an employment test or a probation/court-ordered test?

hooka0792
10-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Running - it's a job test.

Thanks much FakeBoobsRule - your info helped a bunch and yes the wife does the laundry :)

I did the Mac the past few days. Just a little rawness so far, so I will go ahead and bleach. Should you rinse the vinegar and acid off before the Tide application or do you want to have all three things in the hair at the same time?

I also noticed that the Zydot has a conditioner in it. Should you condition the hair after every Mac treatment as well?

I went ahead and bought two boxes of Zydot figuring it might help me remove more stuff on test day. My rug is pretty short, so they told me to use step 1, step 2, step 2, step 1, step 3. Don't know if that will raise the %'s you mentioned FBR but I promise to let the board know how it turns out.

MVP
12-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Don't know if that will raise the %'s you mentioned FBR but I promise to let the board know how it turns out.

So... how DID it turn out?

hooka0792
12-17-2007, 04:19 AM
No hair test. Was ready for it though. Ended up just having to use the QF.