PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is popcorn?

montyhatesyou
10-14-2007, 06:33 AM
where i live there are only three kinds of weed, schwag, popcorn and dro, and i still have no idea what popcorn is except that its great. the only thing ive heard is that it was homegrown but from someone who didnt know what they were talking about, does anyone know what it is?

r0k
10-14-2007, 06:36 AM
:S2:

smokerofweed420
10-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Where the hell do you live ?

MaryjaneAndHashley
10-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Popcornnugzland

iNHALE.xHALE.
10-14-2007, 07:30 AM
[ sigh ]

" dro " isnt a strain, its just weed thats been grown using hydroponics

schwag is... well its schwag:D

and popcorn? noo clue, i was on some forum and read that its just small (really dry) mids

OLDE ENGLISH '800
10-14-2007, 08:13 AM
i guess you could be talking about popcorn nugs..little buds that looks like popcorn but what do i know :toilet_claw:

Brett1038
10-14-2007, 02:35 PM
popcorn is food

weed/pot is marijuana

dean0000
10-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Schwagg and dro are not kinds of weed. Schwagg refers to low quality weed and dro means its been grown using hydroponics. Kinds of weed are strains like kush and haze.

And popcorn, never heard that in my life.

RhinoGrowUK
10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Popcornnugzland

hahah:D :thumbsup:

myeyesarered
10-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I've heard of popcorn around here. He said it was "baby dro". So maybe it's hydroponic that's been harvested early? Sounds stupid. The guy smokes mids, and calls everything "dro" if it's good.

dankus maximus
10-14-2007, 04:40 PM
where im from, popcorn refers to getting a bag of smaller, lighter, fluffier nugs. Usually its mid grade, as the nugs come from the bottom part of the plant where they are more sparse/leafy. it esentailyl looks kidna liek green popcorn, hence the name, and usually the popcorn i get tends to be sativa (hence the looser/fluffier bud structure)

montyhatesyou
10-14-2007, 04:44 PM
im not a fucking dumbass i know dro isnt a strain and i know what schwag is im just asking what the fuck popcorn is and yea ive heard people selling high grade popcorn as "baby dro" too

montyhatesyou
10-14-2007, 04:53 PM
i mean the shits real good if you get it at the right place but usually its always black people that are selling it for some reason. im begining to think its probably just a name they can sell schwag under.

montyhatesyou
10-14-2007, 05:05 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/montyhatesyou/PIC-0001.jpg
thats what im being sold as popcorn :jointsmile:

r0k
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Once again, :S2:

SantaClawz
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
i mean the shits real good if you get it at the right place but usually its always black people that are selling it for some reason. im begining to think its probably just a name they can sell schwag under.

Are you high?

robo scat
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Maybe they mean popcorn as light and fluffy nugs. I really don't know. That's weird shit.

delta_9_fools
10-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I know a Brazillian guy who called my hair popcorn. (it's curly.)

Also, that just looks like schwag.

Totty
10-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I wish i could still get high off that
to make it the best

420_24/7
10-14-2007, 06:26 PM

shwag, maybe mids, nothing great

jchap
10-14-2007, 06:29 PM
looks like thai grass

does it have any seeds?

DAY-DREAMER-MAN
10-14-2007, 06:54 PM
i think popcorn is just small buds. if someone whats to rip you off thay can just rip all the buds apart and make the bag look biger and call it popcorn bud

FUNKNUGGET
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
popcorn nugs are what the smallest buds on a plant are called around here. They don't look as good as the big nugs of course, but they smoke the same

DAY-DREAMER-MAN
10-14-2007, 07:00 PM
where i live there are only three kinds of weed, schwag, popcorn and dro, and i still have no idea what popcorn is except that its great. the only thing ive heard is that it was homegrown but from someone who didnt know what they were talking about, does anyone know what it is? do you have a pic of this
popcorn :wtf:

gt420z
10-14-2007, 07:28 PM
yes popcorn is the bud size not a strain :giggity:

Stumps
10-15-2007, 01:34 AM
looks like 30's

slipknotpsycho
10-15-2007, 01:40 AM
um.... everyone that's replied with bud size after his last post actually hasn't looked at the pic..

in what realm could you consider that 'small'?

sounds like som emade up name.... i live in tx as well and i ain't never heard no popcorn talk.... just looks like your average texas brick if you ask me...

FluidS
10-15-2007, 01:52 AM
you don't live in allen texas by any chance do you? some dude tried to sell me "popcorn" and he showed me what it was after i stopped laughing, it was shittier than the schwagg he had but i gotta give him credit cause he tried to sell that shit hard. i told him to cut the crap and come back with some decent shit, then i sent him on his way.

Dionysus
10-15-2007, 02:01 AM
I've heard of it a few times around here in Texas too. I guess you could consider popcorn smaller nugget sized pieces. People will usually try to pass it off as mids and charge more for it when it's just normal texas schwag.

Atleast that is my limited experience with it.

montyhatesyou
10-15-2007, 02:37 AM
its actually really good tho its definitely not schwag i love it
and yes there were seeds, but definitely not very many u cant tell from the pic but it has some nice deep red hairs in it

connector_robot
10-15-2007, 05:09 AM
So what? Red hairs don't mean anything or contain any THC.

jchap
10-15-2007, 11:28 AM
looks like thai

enjoy

popcorn is just small buds that looks like it

does it matter the dealer can call it doritos if he wants!

as long as its's pucker

Megaz
10-16-2007, 02:19 AM
Actually popcorn is form of weed that comes from West Dallas. Contrary to how it looks, it's almost as strong as some mids or highs. Usually sells higher than usual schwag but I usually just buy dro. I've smoked popcorn a couple times and I gotta say I was pretty surprised by how strong it was.

trainwreck530
10-16-2007, 02:27 AM
:wtf4: and this is your chronic? i feel sorry for you guys...

hope for the best the popcorn could be stony

donny:stoned:

Megaz
10-16-2007, 03:17 AM
Not necessarily chronic but it's cheap alternative. I can get an ounce of schwag for like $40 and make good profit. I can get an ounce of dro for like $60-$80. Popcorn is usually in the middle. Chronic is hard to come by.

LiquidMagik
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
It took me awhile to pick up on Texas slang when I moved there, but here is what it all equates to.

Shwag = Shwag
Mids = Mids
Hydro/'dro = Commercial seedless, large grow-op
Exotic/Dank = Dank, small batch op

Popcorn buds fall right between hydro and exotic. Popcorn buds are from the lower part of the plant, the part that does not get as much light as the top part (cola). Since the size of your buds (as well as quality) is proportionate to the amount of light it receives, the buds on the lower branches do not get as big (or crystally) as the buds up top. They look like "little balls of popcorn." However, since all this relates to homegrown, even homegrown popcorn buds will be better than 'dro. Popcorn sells for more than 'dro, less than dank, because it looks better than 'dro, but not as good as dank.

Whoever said popcorn smokes the same a regular obviously has never had top cola buds. It isn't in a dealers best interest to rip buds into popcorn size, because theoretically, big bud = higher part on the plant = better quality (note, when coming from the SAME plant - I'm not saying a big bud is always better than a small). Think of weed as a cow. Popcorn buds are like hamburger, the lowest quality and cheapest, very plentiful. Top cola is like the filet mignon, available in a much smaller quantity, but gives a much better quality.

jchap
10-29-2007, 07:38 AM
It took me awhile to pick up on Texas slang when I moved there, but here is what it all equates to.

Shwag = Shwag
Mids = Mids
Hydro/'dro = Commercial seedless, large grow-op
Exotic/Dank = Dank, small batch op

Popcorn buds fall right between hydro and exotic. Popcorn buds are from the lower part of the plant, the part that does not get as much light as the top part (cola). Since the size of your buds (as well as quality) is proportionate to the amount of light it receives, the buds on the lower branches do not get as big (or crystally) as the buds up top. They look like "little balls of popcorn." However, since all this relates to homegrown, even homegrown popcorn buds will be better than 'dro. Popcorn sells for more than 'dro, less than dank, because it looks better than 'dro, but not as good as dank.

Whoever said popcorn smokes the same a regular obviously has never had top cola buds. It isn't in a dealers best interest to rip buds into popcorn size, because theoretically, big bud = higher part on the plant = better quality (note, when coming from the SAME plant - I'm not saying a big bud is always better than a small). Think of weed as a cow. Popcorn buds are like hamburger, the lowest quality and cheapest, very plentiful. Top cola is like the filet mignon, available in a much smaller quantity, but gives a much better quality.

thanks for that :thumbsup:
very informative

WaZ
10-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I've experienced schwag being passed off as "corn" in Texas. :rolleyes:

Squiggle
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Thats not "pop corn" from where im at...

Popcorn from where I am at is "Baby dro" exactly that...

Its better than schwag and mids but not as good as dro...

Popcorn is light fluffy full of red hairs and it has a fair amount of crystals on it...

From where im from thats what that is

smartin.2006
10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
I was told that popcorn is what doctors prescribe to there patients lol, the guy that told me that also tried to up the price on a bag that was almost dro! So yeah I would have to agree it's just a name of the bud size.

ipodguy
10-30-2007, 06:54 AM
where im from, popcorn refers to getting a bag of smaller, lighter, fluffier nugs. Usually its mid grade, as the nugs come from the bottom part of the plant where they are more sparse/leafy. it esentailyl looks kidna liek green popcorn, hence the name, and usually the popcorn i get tends to be sativa (hence the looser/fluffier bud structure)

yup same here

affasd
10-30-2007, 07:56 AM
whats with this term baby dro. it sounds so stupid

FlyGuyOU
10-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Up in indiana east of chicago we would get popcorn nugs, they were just little gumball sized nugs, most likely from the side branches. They were real sweet as there is very little stem, never any seeds. They were grown in Oregon.

mfqr
10-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Popcorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn)

TeamShed
10-31-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm just talking a shot here, but if someone said it was "Baby dro" maybe its just micro grown hydroponic?

WaZ
10-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Lots of meanings for slang terms... Urban Dictionary: popcorn (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=popcorn)

whats with this term baby dro. it sounds so stupid
Hydroponically grown Cannabis harvested early?

scoregreen
12-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Man I'm from texas. And your popcorn looks nothing like the "popcorn" I get. Like you said, you got schwag passed as popcorn.

A lb of popcorn cost around $900. to $1000. depending on who you do.
A lb of scwag cost $200. in Houston.

8182KSKUSH
12-15-2007, 09:41 AM
No "popcorn" for me thanks!!! I will stick to my GDP and Master Kush. That was some commercial brick shit. UUUUUG! If you think that was good you will die some day when you get to taste some real shit. I hope it comes soon for you.

chongman420
12-15-2007, 10:13 AM
potcorn?

GlassNBrass
12-15-2007, 09:35 PM
here are just three (of many) types of bud in Texas.

first picture is some dirt, pressed shwag. note: only poor people and high school kids buy this shit. lol, i was poor when i took the picture.

second picture is some popcorn bullshit. not as much as chronic/bomb, but it's pretty and each nug is a heaping bowl. as far as i'm concerned, it's clipped for bong users and larger pipe bowls.

last picture is of some heavy duty. JUST LOOK AT THOSE MOTHERFUCKING TRICHOMES! not the best bud i've had, but some dank ass shit. grown locally in Austin, and i get it all the fucking time. so worth the money.

p.s. - which should i smoke right now, the popcorn or the HD?

LIP
12-15-2007, 11:33 PM
That dirtweed. I mean DIRT.

GixxerRidinToker
12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
My deff of popcorn. The ones that look like popcorn? Hmm...:microwave:

WielyDevil
12-23-2007, 09:05 AM
well from the picture you showed your stuff looked like it may have been brick weed it looked really compacted down and not like a regular bud. Now that doesn't mean its bad, all types of weed are bricked for shipping purposes. It honestly looks like some mid grade chronic i got a while ago.

Mythologic
12-23-2007, 01:33 PM
here are just three (of many) types of bud in Texas.

first picture is some dirt, pressed shwag. note: only poor people and high school kids buy this shit. lol, i was poor when i took the picture.

second picture is some popcorn bullshit. not as much as chronic/bomb, but it's pretty and each nug is a heaping bowl. as far as i'm concerned, it's clipped for bong users and larger pipe bowls.

last picture is of some heavy duty. JUST LOOK AT THOSE MOTHERFUCKING TRICHOMES! not the best bud i've had, but some dank ass shit. grown locally in Austin, and i get it all the fucking time. so worth the money.

p.s. - which should i smoke right now, the popcorn or the HD?

Fuckin' A man! I live near Austin and that type of bud we only get every once in awhile! The problem in my town is that the dealers all jack up the prices because they can get away with it. I tell them i'm not paying 60 an O for some shwag and they tell me they got plenty of other people that will pay that much :wtf:. Maybe i should start making that extra trip to austin when i buy from now on. :rastasmoke: I'd go for the HD bud since it looks like you have plenty.

But as far as popcorn goes where i live it is not as good as dank but better than dro.

TurnyBright
12-25-2007, 11:05 PM
it looks like someone sold you some marijuana

CultureCherryPopper
12-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Where the hell do you live ?

Popcornnugzland

Hahhahaha, I laughed so loud I scared the cat. Good shit. I guess they ARE a little slow in Texas.

CultureCherryPopper
12-25-2007, 11:22 PM
After reading further, I see that popcorn is just a dumb name referring to some brick middies. Still decent though. You can expect 25-35 an 1/8 for that in these parts.

greenhead
12-26-2007, 03:33 AM
it looks like ur holding a clump of dirt. i wouldnt even smoke that if i was payed.

Droplet
12-26-2007, 07:44 PM
i live in texas also and yes i herd of popcorn. My friend said that when you smoke it you get bursts of highs i dont know since ive never smoked it. But dude, in dfw theres way more than just that. my friend just got a g of cali mist. almost fully covered with orange hairs. so just ask around for "highs" and you should hit the jackpot eventually.

JohnnyII
02-03-2008, 05:14 AM
I'm from Texas, never heard of "popcorn." What you have there is some bricked "schwag" there. Contrary to popular belief there are exotics/chronic strains to be had. It's probably easier to find high-grade hookups in bigger cities though, so if you're in a rural town (which a lot of people are) it's going to be much harder to find high grade. But then again, if you're living in a rural area, I'm sure those seeds would turn out some lovely plants, if you catch my drift.

altoids
02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Well, popcorn is normally the buds from the bottom of the plant that are light and fluffy, because they get less sunlight, as opposed to the ones from the top that are normally dense, because they have more light and use it to grow thicker and denser.

"Dro" means it was grown hydrophonically, and because Hydrophonics normally produces a more potent plant, because of the ability to provide it with what it needs quicker, and it doesn't need to put energy into growing roots, all of it's energy go's to growing big, or, when vegging, growing potent, so "Dro", is normally equated to "Dank". The problem is, there can be some pretty shitty hydro'd weed, so by sticking the term "Dro" on the front of it, it's price automatically jumps.

420_24/7
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Weed can be grown just as well in dirt or hydro, it just depends how skilled the grower is. The term dro really doesn't mean anything, and half of the shit people say is dro wasn't even grown in hydro.

Also, everyone posting in this thread, this is what your doing-->:beatdeadhorse:

Kryptonite24
02-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Urban Dictionary: popcorn (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=popcorn+)

WeLuvGreenTg
02-07-2008, 04:13 AM

sexxiitoker
02-09-2008, 01:19 PM
If you're from the DFWish area (even as much as 2-3 hours north into OK and shit) "popcorn" is just a little bit better quality than the schwiggity that you'll get from most places. It's not totally dry, and smokes pretty good. It's seedy as fuck, though.

Droplet
02-27-2008, 02:53 AM
6grams of popcorn for 20 dollers so yeah its bleh

DAY-DREAMER-MAN
02-27-2008, 06:55 AM
:wtf::S2::S2::hippy:

lawl12
02-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Im in NY and around here there is nothing like that. Either they are strains (most common ones are Sour D, Northern Lights, and White Widow) Or they are the following listed from worst to best:

Shit=Shit 15$ a twomp
Mids=Mids 20$ a twomp
Headies=Between mids and dank usually 30$ a twomp
Hydro Headies= Same as headies but from a hydro grow 30$ a twomp
Dank= Good shit we do not use that term often around here lol I wish we did 35-40$ a twomp

Dank is usually where the strain names come in like I know about an hr. south of here I could get some Purple Kush, OG Kush, Fire Kush, White Widow, Sour Diesel, NYC Diesel, I have heard some rumors of Purple Haze, and much much more. usually its not worth buying though because of such steep prices.

smok3y
02-28-2008, 01:08 AM
:beatdeadhorse:

420_24/7
02-28-2008, 02:45 AM

I concur

kuyutha
02-29-2008, 01:33 AM
just picked up an 1/8 of popcorn today for 20 bucks and I'll say it's pretty good

seedless, and had some red hairs, but the nugs were pretty small and kinda hard, like they dried it too much and shoved it into their pockets or somthing

still, each one is perfectly sized for my pipe, so no grinding required, and it tasted pretty good, probably around mids in quality I think

jagarr
02-29-2008, 02:11 AM
i am loling so unbelievably hard at 'popcorn'

never heard that before...
that weed ya got there around here we call 'pretzel sticks,' or the more common 'cheese doodles' or the even more popular 'fcking mexican bricksplosion gastank-stored weed'

also known as beat city schwagasaur

itll get ya high but then again so does helium, know what im sayin?

edit: FCK i got punked didnt notice the post dates. original edit was to ask LIP wtf hes been unless i missed his gbye post...

HolyChrondon
02-29-2008, 05:30 AM
It sounds to me like "popcorn" is just high quality shwag. It comes in brick, but it doesnt give you that awful shwag stupid-ness. Thats what I gathered from the picture, and buds that look like that in my area.

pit6ull420
04-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Popcorn buds are the shit :rastasmoke:

maxsuperdanks
04-23-2008, 12:03 PM

That looks like some schwag.

At least I probably wouldn't be smoking any "popcorn"

stinkyattic
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Okay. Old thread, pointless bump, but here goes.
Dankus Maximus had the first correct post on this thread.

'Popcorn' refers to small, fluffy, airy, often improperly matured buds that come from low on the cannabis plant.
Many growers actually REMOVE low branches and rub off potential bud sites on the lower part of the main stalk so that popcorn buds cannot grow, and all the plant's energy is directed to the prime top colas, which are of higher quality, easier to trim, and mature all at once.
Popcorn buds are of such low value, and so hard to trim, that often they are simply added to the scrap pile to be converted to hash later, along with the leaf trim. Personally, I save mine in a big paper bag and process them into high grade 'washed' cannabutter for making medical-grade caramels later on.

The buds shown are not popcorn buds. That is unidentifiable BRICK. lol.

420_24/7
04-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Okay. Old thread, pointless bump, but here goes.
Dankus Maximus had the first correct post on this thread.

'Popcorn' refers to small, fluffy, airy, often improperly matured buds that come from low on the cannabis plant.
Many growers actually REMOVE low branches and rub off potential bud sites on the lower part of the main stalk so that popcorn buds cannot grow, and all the plant's energy is directed to the prime top colas, which are of higher quality, easier to trim, and mature all at once.
Popcorn buds are of such low value, and so hard to trim, that often they are simply added to the scrap pile to be converted to hash later, along with the leaf trim. Personally, I save mine in a big paper bag and process them into high grade 'washed' cannabutter for making medical-grade caramels later on.

The buds shown are not popcorn buds. That is unidentifiable BRICK. lol.

Hey stinky, I think all the confusion in this thread stemmed from two different meanings for the term popcorn. I think your definition would be the more widely accepted of the two, but for the purpose of this thread the other definition would be more appropriate. In some areas of Texas and most likely other places, popcorn does refer to the mid-grade bud in the pictures, and this is the type being discussed in this thread.

NaughtyDreadz
04-23-2008, 11:19 PM
I know a Brazillian guy who called my hair popcorn. (it's curly.)

Also, that just looks like schwag.

I'm brazilian and I have no clue what you're on about... :wtf:

pit6ull420
04-23-2008, 11:35 PM
yea that looks like reggie but im talkin about
real popcorn buds , the light green fluffy ones
that taste like fruit and smell like pine

kushsmokah420
04-23-2008, 11:46 PM
im in dallas, tx and popcorn is the shit, if you're not smokin' some exotic

it goes like this
schwag = 3.5 g/10$
popcorn= 2 g/10$
Exotic=1 g/20-25$

popcorn is the shit i buy when im not smokin' exotic cuz it is dank as fuck and has very few seeds...what was posted in that pic was straight BRICK, popcorn is small buds that break apart very sticky and have your hands covered in small little crystals

pit6ull420
04-23-2008, 11:51 PM
:rastasmoke:

smok3y
04-30-2008, 02:39 PM
^^ Brick weed ^^

jaGerbom
05-01-2008, 04:35 AM
i imagine smoking popcorn would be pretty harsh. maybe try melting some butter and layin it on there.

you could even try eating popcorn. ive seen people do this before. like at the movies and such.

PlantHeadJ
05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow, I never realized that so many folks have never had the killer before. Like conversations with people about their grow. They say " yeah mine is the bomb!" I look at it and say you poor soul you don't know what the bomb is. Then comes the 4 hours of them being planted on my recliner drooling. So it's all relevant to what you're able to come by and the goofy names people come up with for twill. I guess if I tried to sell it I would call it something that souds appealing to the masses that think name defines quality. Anyway I am curious as to how people know that it is " 'dro" as opposed to soil grown?!? And as far as popcorn goes, all experienced growers i know from around the world agree with STinky.

Man my gut hurts from laughing........

RobPA
05-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Everyone on here is so rough on the peeps who only have access to brick. I was at that point many times when I was younger where all I could find was that brick shit. I will pick up a few ounces of regs sometimes and either cook with it or roll a bunch of blunts/joints. It is deff true that a majority of the bricks I get are Sativa dominant. That is my biggest prob right now, around here its hard to get anything other then Heavy Indicas in the "Exotic" department, I dont have the luxury of getting any Exotic Sativas. I cant start another crop for another few weeks until im totally sure of my living situation, so it sucks at the moment! I'll never bag on anyone for the weed they smoke, just cause I am smokin somthin' better! All you damn CA posters are way to spoiled!!! :thumbsup:

Sauce
05-29-2008, 01:17 AM
what you got their is some shwag aka backyard boogie, bammer weed ect. here in fortworth is the only place ive heard anyone use this term for weed, popcorn is just shwag thats not as seedy and tends to be fluffy instead of dense, its just weed somebody grew in their backyard and their plants got pollinated

twitch
05-29-2008, 01:53 AM
alot of people clowned on him for asking its just different slag for
the area it was a good question

in Texas pop corn is mid grade bud not shwag by any means
i wont cook with shwag i look for pop (popcorn) to cook and
roll blunts

so for all the people that made fun of him for asking FUCK YOU
people shouldn't fear asking a question on here because of a prick
who makes fun of them
i am not attacking any one in general more as a whole

bmx4life1
06-02-2008, 02:07 AM
i just had sum popcorn earlier me an 2 other people smoked a blunt and we were pretty high

JToons
08-20-2008, 07:49 AM

that look like sum straight greens to me

JD1stTimer
08-28-2008, 04:48 AM
Beating a dead horse, but I know this guy who goes to Allen to get this "popcorn" shit everyone raves about around here...

Except this one lady who was like "You looking for regs or mids? I can't get mids or dro right now because it was real humid and rainy and the guy got mold problems but I can get you regs for about $50/half". Well, I got it and it was the nicest weed I've had so far from the Northeast DFW/Southern Oklahoma scene....

tasermebro
08-30-2008, 08:06 AM
I agree a lot of yu are just spoiled.

POPCORN IS MIDS MOST LIKELY FROM ARIZONA.IN OHIO WE CALL IT REGGIE!!!

dooobster
08-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Orville Reddenbacher is rolling over in his grave.

hp2skater
09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
LOL that shit aint popcorn, more like a damn POTATOE

smoking99
11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
when talking in code about weed over the phone "popcorn", we were talking about seeds. If the weed had a lot of seeds we'd say, "it was full of popcorn". I hope that helps. Happy trails

MasterJunk38
04-06-2009, 11:38 PM
6grams of popcorn for 20 dollers so yeah its bleh

till today......in my curiosity found this here site - and was curious to what it's all about - doesn't sound like the kine' kind

was wondering if it was worth getting, but so cheap makes my alarms go off...like you're not getting the bes'

hmmm...inquiring minds want to know....

up in plano anyway

dtb
04-14-2009, 07:20 PM
DAMM!!!! :S2:

I feel bad... i had so much to say readin all this but short term memmory kicked in...

tht picture u had looks like regs to me. around here popcorn jst a name people give to the oz they jst copped so it draws more attention to people. Now we got lil gits thinkin they got the best shit b/c its not called balled up regs but its called popcorn.

It really depends everywhere u go but to me if its not krip, piff, or a certain type of strain u pay 25+ for a half 1/8 ur dumb as dirt.

sum dmb ppl out there, i know i call sell shwag,reggs, or the lowest quality of weed and call it "CANNABIS" and sell 1.5 g for like 15. and they'll come back

Gunner420
04-16-2009, 01:59 AM
where i live there are only three kinds of weed, schwag, popcorn and dro, and i still have no idea what popcorn is except that its great. the only thing ive heard is that it was homegrown but from someone who didnt know what they were talking about, does anyone know what it is?

everytime ive heard someone refer to popcorn when it comes to weed theyre referring to popcorn buds, which are just small buds, and the weed in that pic u have just looks like typical brick/schwagg

filo6942
04-16-2009, 02:01 AM
wtf? to me popcorn is those little little buds in your stash that you cant grind up and are just tiny little balls. I prefer to cook these.

matrx10503
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
YouTube - Fat B - Pop Corn (Prod. by Justbeatz) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Z8mngE2jI)

Popcorn...extra butter no seeds :-)

and as the song says.....the prices are bout right....$50 for a half and whole a bill
been a while since I've got to got to D-Town...but yeah ppl be taxing on it for sure..........when I was there couple years ago.....the game was crazy for
a while few months ago, so I don't know the prices now
I might have somebody run some from Dallas soon
but ill be back in Dallas first week June (woot)......nd see whats up

iono bout what you have/had.....but i've had some popcorn or "'corn"
and it like maybe a lesser version of some Chronic....soo maybe some "Dallas Chronic" would be a proper name for it
not as potent/strong as say some Cali Chronic...but it most definitely hits...
possibly...upper mid-level....

killakajosh904
05-18-2009, 06:33 AM
i thought popcorn was weed grown in the u.s. thats a hermaphadite plant style. schwag shit is the mexican that grows in the open. popcorn buds are from the bottom of the plant. they can be dank or reggie. popcorn mids is just less seeds thats not all bricked up from goin over the border. weeds weed. i just want to know about it. i only toke chronic anyways.

the image reaper
05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
i thought popcorn was weed grown in the u.s. thats a hermaphadite plant style. schwag shit is the mexican that grows in the open. popcorn buds are from the bottom of the plant. they can be dank or reggie. popcorn mids is just less seeds thats not all bricked up from goin over the border. weeds weed. i just want to know about it. i only toke chronic anyways.

nope ... and, anybody that says " weed's weed ", ain't smokin' chronic :D

JD1stTimer
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
After having been around the McKinney/Allen/Plano scene a little longer it appears that popcorn is small buds that look, taste, smell, smoke, break up (not bricked) and get you high almost as good as dro. But they have seeds in them. Maybe 25-30 seeds per ounce. But they can be had for prices around $100/oz, which is great considering that if you pop the seeds out and condition them a bit with some humidity they actually look like good dro, close enough to fool even experienced smokers. You could sell it as chron for $15/g without making anyone mad. I think it is from grows where a male goes unnoticed or a girl goes hermie. I will find out if the seeds make good plants before too long.

Of course, sometimes there won't be any for a while, and then lo and behold your guy tells you he just got some more after about a month or two of being dry. (Of course during that time you can get trashy dirt brickweed if you don't have much money and the strain of the week if you want to pay $20-$25/g. Sometimes if it's supposedly a really hot strain they charge as much as $35.)

Vanzzini
09-09-2010, 06:10 PM

hahaha yea i live in fort wort and only black ppl sell
that corn but they sell it 5 a gram were i live at in eastside they
sell that shit like it was normal reggie and they even hook it up!

mmgonline
09-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I also live in Dallas... Yeah "popcorn" is just a term for mid grade. Just reggie miller on a good game night. Most of the popcorn I'll come across is good midgrade... rarely has sticks or seeds. Its like popcorn chicken lmao

GTMan2010
10-07-2010, 07:04 AM
I grew up in NW Houston JV area and in the mid 90's all we had to get our hands on was sold for 50 a oz. I know now that it is "Mexican Dirt Weed" but back then it was all we had. It sure as hell fucked us up, only after we picked out the countless stems and seeds. It was ugly weed but it did its job and at the time we didn't know better so what the fuck.

Then we discovered better quality weed, it was called dro. Dro was anything that was not Mexican Dirt Weed. Although not really all grown in Hydro (we did not know that then) it was sold for 10-20/gr depending on the source and quality.

So there was two kinds:
Mexican Dirt Weed or
'Dro

Then I moved to Olympia, Wa.
In Olympia there is:

Shwag = 25 for an 1/8 (usually has seeds)
Reg's = 40 for an 1/8 (weighed at 4.0 grams) maybe a couple seeds
Fire = 45-60 for an 1/8th (weighed at 3.5 grams) NO SEEDS. looks like weed in a magazine photo.

BUT NO MEXICAN DIRT WEED..

I have seen seeded cannabis but no pressed brick weed (THANK GOD)

of course this is all relative to my experience and exposure to smokers, buyers and people which has been immense.

DrWalter
10-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Georgia names and prices I have seen

skank/skunk weed $20-30 1/4
mids can be had from $35 1/4
kush/chronic $20 a gram :wtf:

rollintrain
10-11-2010, 11:25 PM

It's a Black Conspiracy. Hmmmm Let's call Schwag, popcorn. White people are stupid. Yea, pass the word...;) really :mad:

JJrockets
10-19-2010, 08:27 PM
First off hello everybody. I'm new to these forums but I been dealing and handling weed since 2000. That was also the first time I tried bud. I'm just here to voice my opinion and hopefully help or learn something new. Back then people all across used different slang and terms to describe and help sell there
cannabis. If you go back to the beginning of the millenium most the bud from California was imported from up north (BC Canada) if you were lucky or down south (Mexico " stress "). Sure there were TW,purple kush, and skunk here and there but most the time I was happy to have BC bud to smoke I'm not a complainer. From Canada our source moved slowly down to Seattle due to the growing market for marijuana in the states and the fact that a lot of growers were moving closer towards the richest state in hopes of making that $$$. Not until about 2004 - 2005 during or before the time the strand Grand daddy purple was introduce to the world did growers appear all over the bay starting from north towards San Jose. During this time while I was picking up from Oakland , CA did I hear of the term "popcorn". Whats funny is the popcorn bud I got from Oakland was supposed to be a picture (sample)
of Catpiss. To be frank real cat piss in my book is super fire after going through so much gdp I rank it above gdp. Whats crazy is that picture I got that was suppose to be the cat piss was popcorn or so I was later told and oh my it was the best bud I ever toked. Again different demographics different slang different terms etc etc.

Guess I got a little carried away must be the weed ~_~

nmesub
10-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Hah hah hah! Thank you for finding this thread and reigniting so i could read it! I have come to realize from these pics the fear i have been reading lately about corporate weed takeover in California.Hahahhha! yeah,never gonna happen NO ONE wants the garbage i have seen in some of these pictures.Thanks again for this thread. If you are smoking those clumps I am deeply deeply sorry and hope the sun and rain moves your way some day.:eek:

nmesub
10-28-2010, 10:45 AM
poopcorn

Treez81
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
You have to live in Texas to be asking about popcorn. Popcorn has nothing to do with bud size, how its grown, or where it is found on the plant. Popcorn is the black people's way of making more money for schwag. They find a batch of decent schwag and break it apart and remove some of the seeds and call it popcorn. It is a huge ripoff and if you are smoking that stuff then you should probably not be on this forum. I'm pretty sure most people here would agree.

rudy2010
11-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I had to go to Maryland for a family reunion a few years back. Only one nephew could get any weed and we flew so did not bring any. Talk about schwag. It was like someone came to Maryland from Mexico just to grow crappy weed. Since we actually went through a two day drought before we got hold of that bunk it sort of got us a little high. At least it took the edge off. My nephew never heard of any named weed. Not even White Widow or Norther Lights. He just said occasionally they can get KGB and it never has a specific name or the bunk like we got (stringy mexican looking weed). I can't wait until he visits my place next summer.

JerzeeAmbeez
11-17-2010, 10:33 PM
yeah the bud they call popcorn over here(east coast) is like a skunky light fluffy nugs thats smokes real well, gets you higher than goods sometimes but most people won't believe you, its a mid grade like ari or yardi the rastas I know call it popcorn, its not swag or boo boo. But its not as good as dro( goodie) Where I'm from they use the same terminology as you, I know what your talkin about it about $60-100 for an onion

azaleaviola
01-11-2011, 06:26 PM
yea i've seen popcorn, it's pretty popular as a midgrade -between dro and schwag- around here. the bud literally compacts into popcorn size pieces, it's not torn apart. people seem to be fairly happy with it here. the stuff here does have seeds in it

canniwhatsis
01-12-2011, 06:11 AM
yeah the bud they call popcorn over here(east coast) is like a skunky light fluffy nugs thats smokes real well, gets you higher than goods sometimes but most people won't believe you, its a mid grade like ari or yardi the rastas I know call it popcorn, its not swag or boo boo. But its not as good as dro( goodie) Where I'm from they use the same terminology as you, I know what your talkin about it about $60-100 for an onion

the buds I call "Popcorn" are the lightweight "airbuds" that happen in the undergrowth below the canopy.

These buds have next to no weight,.... however, they are covered in trichomes,...

Personally, I toss my "popcorn" buds in with all the rest of the buds

canniwhatsis
01-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Hah hah hah! Thank you for finding this thread and reigniting so i could read it! I have come to realize from these pics the fear i have been reading lately about corporate weed takeover in California.Hahahhha! yeah,never gonna happen NO ONE wants the garbage i have seen in some of these pictures.Thanks again for this thread. If you are smoking those clumps I am deeply deeply sorry and hope the sun and rain moves your way some day.:eek:

LOL!!!!!! :S2:

Wow,...old thread!

rudy2010
01-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I see now. What I have been calling booger buds seem to be popularly called popcorn in some geographic areas. These are the buds that are smaller than a dime that I just toss in with the good shake for making bubble hash and canna butter. If it takes a small amount of time to clean a nice nugget and takes the same amount of time to clean a popcorn bud I just toss the popcorn or booger buds in with the good trim. It makes the butter and hash much better.

I am sorry if folks have to buy and smoke these tiny buds. I hope you are paying much less.