PDA

View Full Version : Flowering Questions?

CollieBuddz
10-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I am getting ready transplant and flower my 2ft 3in tall plant (measured from the top of soil to the top of plant).
- I would like to know what NPK I should use if I fed my plant 26-8-16 fert during Vegging?
- Also, is my grow room (4 1/2 ft) too short for flowering?
- If so, what would you recommend I do before I flower plants.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I use

two-4ft fluorescent cool white tubes 24x7

Barney Trouble
10-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Not sure about the first question, but I believe you need 12" - 24" between the plant and light, so you should be all set.

Mr. Clandestine
10-11-2007, 11:28 PM
If you're using fluorescents, then you can keep the plants pretty close to the lights without worrying about burning them. If they get too tall, you can always train them or top them. They'll grow wider, not taller.

When you decide to flower, you'll want to use a fertilizer that's rich in phosphorus...maybe with a smaller amount of nitrogen mixed in. 6-12-0, or .5-5.0-.5 for example. I wouldn't use something with an outrageous amount of phosphorus, though...like a Miracle Grow product with an NPK like this: "5-36-5". These fertilizers are great for growing huge, bushy roses...but would be overkill for cannabis. You don't want to smoke something that has been heavily saturated with major chemicals for eight weeks.

Bone meal is a good organic choice for flowering, but many might not approve of it due to the highly improbable chance of it containing bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or "Mad Cow Disease." Cases of humans catching this disease are extremely rare, and can only be contracted as a variant of the disease, not MCD itself. Just don't eat spoonfuls of bone meal/blood meal, etc., and you won't have anything to worry about.

Bat guano is a favorite of organic growers. It's usually diluted and the "tea" is used to water the plants 1-3 times per week. Growers have experienced amazing results using this method, and the flavor of the final product is absolutely amazing.

No matter which method of fertilization you plan on using during flowering, try to flush the soil at least once every 1-2 weeks. And really leech it during the last week or two before harvest, or you might end up with buds that have a heavy chemical taste.

Good luck! :rastasmoke:

twoguysupnorth
10-12-2007, 07:01 AM
if that was the light i had, i would consider putting it vertical on the wall so the whole plant gets light on the side and turn it every couple of days. you can get real close w/ flourescents. you will need something higher in p to flower, just dont over do it like clandestine said. lower N and K. not acidic rose food either.