PDA

View Full Version : i need someone good with computers

make it legal
09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok so a few weeks ago my computer was getting too full so I deleted what was taking up all the room; my music. I thought this would be no problem because I still had all the music on my ipod and if I ever needed too I knew how to put all my music on my computer from my ipod.

Last night I was adding some music I just got to my ipod and when I tried to eject it it said I couldn't for some reason so I just pulled it right out without hitting the eject button. When I put my ipod in the speakers and tried to use it, all my music was gone. When I tried to put back all my music thats when I remembered I deleted it all.

I already tried a system restore and that did no good. My music was not backed up (except for my ipod). Is there [I]any[I] way to get it back?? I had a looooot of music and a lot of it will be really hard to get back. I really hope someone can help.

Hempfester
09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Well...I know how you feel bud. I've lost my music collection a few times due to hard drive failure. I usually end up just re-downloading the stuff again.

But you might try WinUndelete. Undelete Software for Windows - WinUndelete (http://www.winundelete.com/)

I've never used it before, but they have a 30 day free trial thing you can try out.

Good luck!

Hilder420
09-30-2007, 04:33 PM
no theres not.. i did the same thing.. i got too high and was fuckin round withit.. deleted my music folder.. u have 2 start frm scratch.. go to ur music player and try an find the ipod play list... it might have saved a list.. u kno how u can shuffle all the music in ur collection from ur ipod using the sync feature? that COULD work but prolly wont.. good luck.. i had to replace 298 music files twice... just get really blazed and itll b fun!!!

Ganja Dude
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
did you empty the trash can?

Nochowderforyou
09-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Damn computers! I hate them all, except mine. :D

igotdakush
09-30-2007, 04:58 PM
i had this happen to me twice and i had to re-download over 2000 songs on both occasions..

thcbongman
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
^^
haha

In seriousness, if you get someone that knows how to recover data, they could, even if you deleted it.

make it legal
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
no one has anything besides that one program?

thanks to the ones who have helped so far.

imitator
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
You are pretty much shit out of luck bud.

That is why you constantly hear IT people tell everyone, "back it up". CDr/DVDr's cost very little, probably alot less then the time spent to redownload.

slipknotpsycho
09-30-2007, 09:12 PM
there's no way to undelete stuff without a program.... even if you've emptied the recycle bin there's a chance you could get it back, but you're going to need that or a similar program.... a computer never fully deletes anything.... everything you delete is still on the hard disc, until it is over written with other stuff you've deleted... so the longer you wait to try and restore that stuff, the less of a chance you'll be able to do it...

babystarbud
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
my old man did the same thing, i told him he deserved it for buying an apple product :)

damn itunes, damn it to hell!

st0n3r
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
amen, same goes with itunes..........so i had to get them converted just to put them onto C.D ggrrr

mikeyjo
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I didn't tell you this but if you ask nicely Apple can reactivate the songs you purchased for re download. Make sure to be really nice though....

LaZ
10-02-2007, 03:19 AM
YOU CAN GET YOUR MUSIC BACK. The same thing happened to me. If you've got all ur music on ur iPod theirs a way to get all ur music back on ur computer.

1. Plug in ur ipod

2. iTunes will open but dont press anything thats pops up because u could delete your whole libary of ur iPod

3. Go into my computer one of the drives will be ur iPod

4. In the drive their will be a folder called ipod_control(you need to show hidden folders)

5. Open it and inside it their will be a folder called music open it and their will be lots
of folders with these folders contain ur music but they r all called XFGY and DEFG ect.
but when you put them in iTunes they go back to their proper names

6. Copy all these files into a folder on ur harddrive and import them into iTunes

4drian
11-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Download PodPlayer you can extract all your songs from your ipod to your computer without use itunes only coneccting the ipod, and for the data loss on your hard disk try easy recovery pro, google it

snowblind
11-20-2007, 08:38 PM
if the music is on your ipod download yamipod and you can rip it all straight off and put it on ur hdd

if not look for hdd recovery utilities/progras in google

download them from Mininova : The ultimate BitTorrent source! (http://www.mininova.org)

using bitlord

it should be able to recover them, as when you delete something from your hdd you dont actually delete it you just flag it so it can be over written. your best bet is not to defrag, load anyhign new. till you have looked as it could likey over write it.

if you have done a system recovery on your ipod it is unlikely that it will be there.

hope it goes well.

imitator
11-21-2007, 03:20 AM
it should be able to recover them, as when you delete something from your hdd you dont actually delete it you just flag it so it can be over written. your best bet is not to defrag, load anyhign new. till you have looked as it could likey over write it.

If you are really lucky, and no temporary files were ever written to the same sectors that your mp3's were on, you can recover the files. Depending on teh size of your harddrive, how big of a swapfile you have for windows, and many other factors, its a possibility.

Note that you will likely never be able to recover everything, and if you have defraged your computer since the loss of data, it will not work at all.

Your best bet is through the iPod itself, as the odds of being able to fully recover all the files off your pc are slim to none.

snowblind
11-21-2007, 04:01 AM
/\/\/\ this is true, but im sure the guy said he did a system restore. which wipes the hdd. so the software wont recongnise it. it would even be accesible through the hidden archive as the ipod wont be recognising it to show it on the pc.

the only way then, assuming its a hdd pod not a flash memory would be to take out the hdd and load it in a caddy so that you can recover it like it was a external hdd. but this will void your warrenty and likely fuck your pod.

it sounds like you have fucked yourselg sonny jim.

sorry