PDA

View Full Version : Question about EC PH Meters

kuri
01-28-2005, 09:51 PM
hi there, i'm trying to look for digital EC and PH testers. while looking i see that it is probably cheaper to get EC and PH testers that are one tester instead of buying them separate. does anyone have any ideas of where to get EC and pH testers and for a good price? Ebay is the best i've found so far with EC/PH in one for about $100~$120-ish. any help would be great. thank you

Garden Knowm
01-30-2005, 01:45 AM
that's sounds like a good price.. I bought mine from a rip off ydro store..
$160
ouch....

but it is a great investment

willow
01-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Kuri, hi willow here again. I wanted to get a meter too but thought that it was pretty expensive and I was told that it needed to be recalibrated all the time. Who does the recalibration and how much does it cost, do you know? I am currently using a liquid ph tester and think I need to get a ph and ec tester but am worried about the expense. Also, I would definitely put in a new drain system on your system. I just cleaned my out again and there was some yucky stuff in it. It only cost about $2 to get the pvc piping and connectors. It was worth it. Also, I am still using the clear plastic tubing, but covered it with a piece of black plastic. I hope it works cause I really like the idea of seeing something right away when there is a problem. I have four tiny plants going now and hope they grow OK. Been out for a long time. Good luck with your plants. Willow

kuri
01-31-2005, 08:48 AM
hey there, not too educated about the PH EC testers with the calibration and all that. but will pass on any info i learn about them. i do know that i'm probably going to purchase one on ebay. i did a search for "EC PH" and it comes up with many Hanna brand testers. it is PH and EC tester in one for about 120. i read on the auction about needing some calibrating stuff to go with it, i'll end up getting whatever you need to use it and learn as i go. i do know that i need one to know my EC reading and i've been using PH strips and those are not as accurate as i want them to be. take care

willow
02-01-2005, 01:48 AM
ph strips are awful, I couldn't get comfortable with them at all. I use liquid drops now and I too will try to get a meter. I don't like the drops that much, but they are better than the strips. Also, are you using the nuets from the hydro place? The last ones I got, the bloom one was brown and left a stain on the reservoir. i didn't like it at all. Any suggestions about what are the best nuets to use?

Garden Knowm
02-01-2005, 04:31 AM
liquid drops are great.... they work well and should always be kepted to verify the meter now and again... Meters don't have to be calibrated that often and it is very very very easy to do... meteres usually come wth a netral solution that you can stick your meter in and dial it to 7.0... It works the same way with ec and ppm..