PDA

View Full Version : Let the browser wars begin...

Krishwag
09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
what is your favorite web browser and why?

I know a lot of people are gaga over firefox, but it really never did it for me, Opera all the way! it has the best pop up blocker ever and has a ton of features and has always been ahead of its time and unique, while it does have its bad points, I still love it, and u can skin it too, and use widgets. it really is like a mini OS, which is great if u r at school and running it off a flsh drive.

king of the world
09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
IE everythang else is poops.

killerweed420
09-20-2007, 07:05 PM
I agree with Opera. With all the widgets available and the fact that it never crashes its my number one choice. I only use IE for my Hotmail account and even going there it crashes.

king of the world
09-21-2007, 06:26 PM
my IE rarely crashes. you need to upgrade homey.

stinkyattic
09-21-2007, 06:29 PM
I've had problems with excessive crashing on my IE as well and switched to Firefox. It seems to function on my old and overloaded computer much better. Plus stickin' it to Microsoft is a hobby of mine... I love me some OpenOffice, lol...

higher4hockey
09-21-2007, 06:36 PM
opera all the way

THClord
09-21-2007, 07:39 PM
IE really sucks. Tons of pages IE won't display properly, but Firefox gets it right all the time.

But, I'm using IE cuz I just reinstalled and I'm lazy. Really, the difference isn't that big.

king of the world
09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
i dont know bout yall but IE work perfect on my pc. do yall got the new version? do you all have a decend pc.?

OLDE ENGLISH '800
09-21-2007, 07:47 PM
i use IE

slipknotpsycho
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
IE and IE only.

the image reaper
09-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Firefox ... been running it since it came out, has never stuttered, and runs with a lot less crap in the background ... and, it has never once, tried to steer every solution to a Microsoft product or site ... :D ... I see Ubuntu Linux in my future, running Opera ... :smokin:

Krishwag
09-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I actaully used to be into the Mac-native Camino, kinda like firefox but slicker and coded specifically for mac so it runs better

doublefatstrat
09-23-2007, 07:51 AM
I find IE 7 really, really ugly. don't know about how well it actually works as I really just can't stand the GUI, but I'm using firefox, simply because it came with my distro, and IMO opera doesn't really have anything useful over ff

imitator
09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Avant Browser - Avant Browser::Home (http://www.avantbrowser.com)

It runs on the IE kernel, but is a alot more stable, and has alot more features then IE7, and you dont run into the problem of visiting websites that were made for IE, and them not working, ala Firefox.

texas grass
10-06-2007, 05:41 PM
firefox

their were origional tab browsing

the extention you can add to browser, i think they were first at that

now you can view IE pages in firefox with the extention

the quick search at top right of bar(and can add basically any search engine)

torrent toolbar it has

its quick

mikeyjo
10-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Firefox with ad/flash block. Skinned with Noia 2.0 theme.

pass_the_dubbie
10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Opera is my current browser, it is great although takes a little getting used to. I hate internet explorer, every other browser ive used has caused me much less hassle.

Avant Browser - Avant Browser::Home (http://www.avantbrowser.com)

It runs on the IE kernel, but is a alot more stable, and has alot more features then IE7, and you dont run into the problem of visiting websites that were made for IE, and them not working, ala Firefox.

Ha thats what im using now although it's not my browser of choice(im at a friends house), used to be my favourite though.

imitator
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Ha thats what im using now although it's not my browser of choice(im at a friends house), used to be my favourite though.

I love it. Been using it for about 3 years now Id say, and never seen another browser that made me want to switch. :D

babystarbud
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I use IE7 and firefox, mainly IE7 because it the initial load up seems faster, and looks a bit more pretty.

matthiasj
11-24-2007, 07:07 AM
I use Flock, it runs off of the firefox engine but i really like it, integrated facebook, photobucket, flickr, rss reader popup blocker...its really great

rebgirl420
11-24-2007, 07:14 AM
I like my microsoft explorer....

But I do have firefox as a backup. Some pages for some of my school work requires it. I hate it tho, what a pile of shit.