PDA

View Full Version : notanovice

jimmy5150guitars
01-26-2005, 04:53 AM
hey hows it going hope you had some great hollidays

dude i have a few questions for you if you dont mind
ok her goes on my last grow i was allways adjusting my ph in my bubblers down and this grow i am allways adjusting it up and i am using the same nutes my plants seem healthy and everything i was just wondring if you could give me a few reasons for this, there is one thing i have changed i am using a 400 watt hps agro bulb with 30% blue spectrum as opposed to compact flouros, for veg stage and i will be using it for flowering stage as well. the plants are now on the 4 th week of veg. last grow i was giving the plants 1tsp of nutes and they were showing some signs of over fert, nothing i couldnt live with though,on this grow i started giving the plants 1tsp per gallon of water in their third week of veg, and have no signs of any problems infact it seems like they are just begging for more cause to me they are looking a light in color i keep my ph between 5.3-5.9 1tsp per gallon of water of 10.5.5 adjusted up with pro tek. and the next week i use 1 tsp of 7.9.5 per gallon of water and adjust with pro tek and i alternate with this i change my bubblers water every week. did that new light i got make my plants able to handle more nutes? would like your input on this and others as well

Sensi Super Skunk
01-26-2005, 05:45 AM
When you introduced a new and better lamp, your plants where able to speed up their rate of are photosynthesis, thus needing more nutrients.

notanovice
01-26-2005, 02:04 PM
yes the new more intense light allows your plants to grow at a faster rate thus requiring a small change in the nutes
adjust them slowly.
as for the ph being down quickly, the same applies
it sounds like you got everthing under control
keep up the good work :D :D
p.s.

that new light was a good choice, with the blue spectrum your plants should flourish in both veg and flowering stages.
again i say, good choice