PDA

View Full Version : CUREING HELP....

kingcanabis
01-25-2005, 10:15 PM
give your feed back on cureing the do's an dont's. this thread may help others! the king

NowhereMan
01-26-2005, 06:09 AM
dont dry it fast
hang it up in cool dry place
be patient
take a few weeks for best results

kingcanabis
01-26-2005, 09:00 AM
this is a good start thk's:PS This can be the start of a good thread on cureing-NEXT....thk's the king

Bspectral
01-26-2005, 12:49 PM
this is a good start thk's:PS This can be the start of a good thread on cureing-NEXT....thk's the king
lllllllllllkeep your pickle jars and stuff them lid on ;;;;;or;;;;;;;;freezer bag air tight ,stuff it and freeze.

The Student
01-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Hello,

I like to try and slow down the drying process for as long as possible (within reason).

Once it has hung dry for around 10 days I put it in paper bags. They sit there for around two days then into glass jars for the first stage of the cure.

The buds "sweat" in the jar so they must be opened once a day for 15-20 minutes. Continue this step until the jars no longer condensate.

At this point you can leave the jars closed for up to a week at a time, before you want to open them for a little fresh air.

Once my buds have cured for around the two month mark, I put them into vaccum sealed bags and store them. This way they basically never lose their flavor, aroma, consistency, etc.

I hope this helps.

Peace

adh endo
01-28-2005, 11:32 AM
how could you cure away some smell (not potency)?

what happens if the buds begin to go bad when hanging or jarring?

can over dried buds be fixed?

does the longer cured (assuming not dry out or whatever) make better smoke?
(ie- could you make a "6month vintage" or whatever?

how long do buds keep?

kingcanabis
01-30-2005, 08:58 AM
begin to go bad? In that way ? But yes slow cured bud's are best.. but not to dry keep a eye on them .if your bud's are cured right ive had some stay sweet for up to 6month's lol well thats as long i stayed out of them but that's the longest time i have exprienced in my house......hope this thread help's you! to all the pep's with input thk.s ....PS:let's keep it going THE KING....

NowhereMan
01-30-2005, 05:42 PM
how could you cure away some smell (not potency)?

what happens if the buds begin to go bad when hanging or jarring?

can over dried buds be fixed?

does the longer cured (assuming not dry out or whatever) make better smoke?
(ie- could you make a "6month vintage" or whatever?

how long do buds keep?

go bad?as in mold.to much miosture >
gets brittle dry,?ive put really powdery dry weed in a bag and put a piece of orange peel,or apple,and its re miostened it

as far as keeping it
dry weed,and i mean dry,will keep for long long time
moisture is the enemy when storing it
i suggest jars or vac seal baggies (dry dry dry remember)

ive never kept any over a year,(was a good year way back when i could get around the hills )
but i can say i would open a jar,and it be fresh,(dry but fresh smell taiste and buzz was excellent,
i would just let it sit out in room over night sometimes (riany wheather)and it would re-dampen slighty and not burn up so fast,
but the apple pealing would do same thing ina bag,the weed regians some miosture,just enough to make it not burn up in a flash,
and it hardly effected taiste
peace
peace

kingcanabis
01-30-2005, 08:14 PM
thk's nowhereman i did not want to look like a no it all hoping more would get involved in this thred and more like it curing.101...thk's man THE KING......

Nosehit
03-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Just thought its time to bump this thread back up to the top. Don't know what I can add, the Student pretty much has it nailed. Good work!

the happy chappie
03-05-2005, 11:23 AM
hi king. cannabis should take at least 3 weeks to a month to dry mate, it can be done quicker but i find this makes for a harsh smoke, once dried i store in airtight containers for at least 4 weeks usely much longer, its also importent to keep them fairly cool and in a dark area, some indicas will have ya coughing your lungs out if there dried quickly and with out propper curing, in all honesty cure fore as long as you can, if ya do it right then ya smokes only gonna get better, and far far sweeter, .............................peace to you all ..........................................

hubblebubble
04-19-2005, 08:48 AM
hang upside down 7days
leave in a plastic bag for half a day
hang upside down 1-2days
put it in airtight container for 1 day
open the lid for 1 day
do this for 6 days
then store it in an airtight container
then you should have powerful and potent weed

****drying should allways be done in the dark****

rapid88
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
thats alot of pissing around, then again if you like playing with weed its all good.

Drying takes from 10 - 21 days depending on strain.

never fast dry weed with a microwave, or oven e.t.c it kills potency.
get rid of all the leafy tip and most of the stalk then dry weed somewhere it won't mold.

Roll a joint and test its dryness, depending on potency and your smoking ability you may wish to repeat this process.

smoke on.

greyeagle
07-12-2008, 07:01 AM
best tip i ever got on dry herb-- use a lil piece of lettuce, it turns your sac into a humidor, smoother smoke with no flavoring, it rox
peace :rastasmoke:oh and i mean lil a piece about the size of your fingernail over night will moisten an oz.

cannawish
10-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Drying time depends greatly on the level of humidity as well as the strain/density of your weed.

I've had shit dry in 5 days and smoke smooth and tasty.

I've had shit dry in 2-3 weeks and smoke well, too.

If you live in a dry climate and harvest early when it's still warm and dry, then your weed will dry fast. If you harvest late when the rains have started then your weed will dry slow.

SuperNewf
10-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Hey im new to the site and me and some friends are having an argument that needs to be settled. My friend thinks that if you jar weed and leave it for a long period of time it crystalizes more and makes the weed better. that i believe, but he thinks it will keep crystalizing forever. is this true? Or am I right that it will only crystal a bit and mature the bud to an extent?:jointsmile: