PDA

View Full Version : Damn Spiders

Blitzed
09-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Alright, so I go out side of my apartment, and there are four pillar like things in the front, well stretched across these 4 pillars is spider webs, about 6 bigger than half dollar sized spiders. What the hell is causing these freak of nature spider organization thats out to kill me...

birdgirl73
09-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Aww, they're just doing their jobs. Hanging out. Catching skeeters. Probably working hard to get fattened up so they can have a passel of baby spiders to carry on their work.

Don't let them get to you . . . .

FUNKNUGGET
09-05-2007, 04:30 AM
holy shit i fuckin hate spiders...

Dr. Bloor
09-05-2007, 04:33 AM
I love spiders, my greenhouse of full of them. They grow fat and happy eating eating little nasties that want to feast on the girls.

Gandalf_The_Grey
09-05-2007, 04:43 AM
I recently changed my intense fear of a spiders to a mild fear of them. I did this by realizing you have to stop seeing the legs, and start seeing the creature in the middle of them.

Recusant
09-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Spiders don't bother me so much, especially when they're keeping bugs away from my plants... The only real spiders that freak me out are any bigger than my palm... Tarantulas, those huge banana spiders, etc. Fucking freaks.

slipknotpsycho
09-05-2007, 05:32 AM
do they look like this?

ganjzilla
09-05-2007, 05:34 AM
ugh i hate spiders...

slipknotpsycho
09-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Spiders don't bother me so much, especially when they're keeping bugs away from my plants... The only real spiders that freak me out are any bigger than my palm... Tarantulas, those huge banana spiders, etc. Fucking freaks.

lol....

thiskid420
09-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Haha that sounds like me everynight after work..

I have to park on the side of the building. And I have to walk through the front corner of the building which is surounded by a few trees. And there are always huge webs going from tree to tree..

Needless to say I have walked through them maaanny times.

Recusant
09-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah Slipknot, just like those. You live here in Texas, I'm sure you see them plenty...

fasterspider
09-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I do not think spiders are all that bad, they serve a purpose.

slipknotpsycho
09-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah Slipknot, just like those. You live here in Texas, I'm sure you see them plenty...

well the first pic isn't a banana spider, it's a golden silk orb-weaver.. :p i was asking if those were the ones outside his door lol

but yes those are also native to texas, a friend had one as a 'pet' right outside his back door... it was fun to watch him feed it (throw a roach or random bug into the web) that lil fucker could RUN

blunt smoker
09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm terrified of spiders. I think it was watching that movie Arachnophobia when I was a young child, that did it. :(

Gothen
09-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm terrified of spiders. I think it was watching that movie Arachnophobia when I was a young child, that did it. :(

Yeah, definitely think that was the catalyst in my case, as well. I see a spider, no matter how big, inside my house....its dead. I'll either spray it with liquid ammonia, or, if its on furniture or whathaveyou, I just smash that bastard.

Spiders....they'll get ya everytime.

Cool fact, 50% of all women, and 10% of all men fear spiders. Arachnophobia is the number one fear in the world.

What are the Most Common Phobias? (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-most-common-phobias.htm)

BizzleLuvin
09-06-2007, 12:04 AM
GAHHHH!

Recusant
09-06-2007, 01:31 AM
well the first pic isn't a banana spider, it's a golden silk orb-weaver.. :p i was asking if those were the ones outside his door lol

but yes those are also native to texas, a friend had one as a 'pet' right outside his back door... it was fun to watch him feed it (throw a roach or random bug into the web) that lil fucker could RUN

No kidding, my friend has a "pet" banana spider too... It's not so much as I'm scared of 'em... I'll feed the big ones sometimes, it's cool to watch them eat. They're just... Too fucking creepy, man.

KingsBlend420
09-06-2007, 01:46 AM
spiders scare the shit out of me :(

blunt smoker
09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Fuck spiders man! Fuck them up their little ..uhh.. web shooting assholes!! YEAH!!

Mr. Bubbles
09-06-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm not afraid of spiders. I just don't want them biting me.

slipknotpsycho
09-06-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm not afraid of spiders. I just don't want them biting me.

you'd be suprised how rarely they actually do :p well unless you're fucking with them..

even when you're sleeping, most spider bites while sleeping is cuz you moved in your sleep and the spider felt threatened... (i know some have the image in their head alot just crawl on you and bite you for no reason)

Gothen
09-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Thats one of the main reasons I'm afraid of spiders: they're stupid enough to think something that, to them, is as big as a tree trunk and think, "I'll bite it and it will go away." Now....given, some spiders can uhhh...actually make us go away permanently in our sleep, yeah; but most don't have that capability. Hell, most don't even make us wake up.

But, its just the THOUGHT, "Some...thing! bit me!!" For me, its that loss of security, that loss of control.

But, as I've heard, "Fear stems from a loss of control."

Coelho
09-06-2007, 04:00 AM
I do not think spiders are all that bad, they serve a purpose.

Of course they do! I never disliked spiders, but only started to love them when i went to live in a house with many ants, termites, mosquitoes and so...

For controlling this nasty little insects, i just let the spiders (which were many too) make their webs around the corners, in the ceiling, and tried never to kill any spider, or harm any web.

It worked well enough. There was like 20-30 little spiders in the ceiling, and almost every mosquito which entered my room were trapped and eaten, sooner or later.

The ants and termites were too much for being controlled by the spiders... anyway, they (spiders) had plenty of food... and i had many interesting moments watching they dealing with the insects in their webs...

I think its an amazing thing to watch, and until today, that i live in another place, i have some spiders in my room, just for the fun of watching then, cause there is not much insects here, and thus not much "work" for they do... some ants at most... anyway, i think spiders are very good and useful beings.

BTW, i never were bitten, harmed or suffered any ill from any of my spiders... The worst they did was make their webs over some of my things, and i HAD to destroy their webs... nothing worse than it.

Blitzed
09-06-2007, 04:10 AM
Of course they do! I never disliked spiders, but only started to love them when i went to live in a house with many ants, termites, mosquitoes and so...

For controlling this nasty little insects, i just let the spiders (which were many too) make their webs around the corners, in the ceiling, and tried never to kill any spider, or harm any web.

It worked well enough. There was like 20-30 little spiders in the ceiling, and almost every mosquito which entered my room were trapped and eaten, sooner or later.

The ants and termites were too much for being controlled by the spiders... anyway, they (spiders) had plenty of food... and i had many interesting moments watching they dealing with the insects in their webs...

I think its an amazing thing to watch, and until today, that i live in another place, i have some spiders in my room, just for the fun of watching then, cause there is not much insects here, and thus not much "work" for they do... some ants at most... anyway, i think spiders are very good and useful beings.

BTW, i never were bitten, harmed or suffered any ill from any of my spiders... The worst they did was make their webs over some of my things, and i HAD to destroy their webs... nothing worse than it.

Man, screw that. If i did that Id wake up wrapped in unbreakable web, squirming while the life was getting sucked out of me.. those dirty shit rats. I think that, Im not so much afraid of spiders just have a deep deep hatred for them, and most bugs for that matter. When I was 5, I got bit by a spider on my eye lid, it swelled my whole left eye completely shut for what seemed like half of my kindergarten career. Could you imagine being five and getting called the hunch back of Notre Dame, damn little kids are cruel... :(

Gothen
09-06-2007, 04:10 AM
...when i went to live in a house with many ants, termites, mosquitoes and so...

Ya know, funny you should say that, not 20 minutes ago I just walked into my kitchen and turned on the light to discover that a fricking colony of ants is trying to overrun my freaking kitchen!!

They're EVERYWHERE! At least, they're all over my entire sink, and the cabinets, and they're migrating to my floor! They're on my laundry! And my dishes! I'm going crazy right now! I'm one of those people afraid of insects. I've been spraying so much ammonia with a spray bottle, I think I'm getting sick!!

I can't even do anything about it until tomorrow! I got some Fogger (insect bomb) and I can't set it off until tomorrow because I have no where else to sleep tonight. I'm literally going crazy, I think that I keep feeling them crawling on me.

Sorry for the language, but fuck I'm going nuts!

Coelho
09-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Ya know, funny you should say that, not 20 minutes ago I just walked into my kitchen and turned on the light to discover that a fricking colony of ants is trying to overrun my freaking kitchen!!

They're EVERYWHERE! At least, they're all over my entire sink, and the cabinets, and they're migrating to my floor! They're on my laundry! And my dishes! I'm going crazy right now! I'm one of those people afraid of insects. I've been spraying so much ammonia with a spray bottle, I think I'm getting sick!!

I can't even do anything about it until tomorrow! I got some Fogger (insect bomb) and I can't set it off until tomorrow because I have no where else to sleep tonight. I'm literally going crazy, I think that I keep feeling them crawling on me.

Sorry for the language, but fuck I'm going nuts!

Well... im pretty sure that the spiders would love to help you with the ants...
I think you should re-think the way you see the nice spiders... :p

ReUp
09-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Are they Crack Spiders or whats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc)

Divestoned
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I read a statistic somewhere....forget where....that says the average person eats over 200 spiders in there sleep........yuck!

Dive:stoned:

slipknotpsycho
09-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I read a statistic somewhere....forget where....that says the average person eats over 200 spiders in there sleep........yuck!

Dive:stoned:

Chances of eating a spider while asleep (http://www.brownreclusespider.org/eating-spider-while-asleep.htm)

Dr. Bloor
09-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Aww, they're just doing their jobs. Hanging out. Catching skeeters. Probably working hard to get fattened up so they can have a passel of baby spiders to carry on their work.

Don't let them get to you . . . .

If you are growing in a greenhouse or outdoors, you really have to love them. I have a greenhouse with spiders in every corner and just love them. I watch them grow from tiny little buggers to nice big garden type spiders. I have no idea what kind they are. I do know that they are not black widows or any spider like that. Black Widows like to hang out in the dark with really f+)*& up looking webs. My spiders are just happy killing off bugs that want to gnaw on my girls.

silkyblue
09-11-2007, 01:17 AM
I dont love spiders we just found a web
under our bed last weekend
hell!
the spider was in the dam bed!!

no bites tg
I have read they crawl on us while
we sleep

:rasta::rasta:

texas grass
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
do they look like this?

i get those all over my yard
ive seen them in the yellow in the picture
with a whiteish/clear and black
and a red/orange color
i think they look awsome but wouldnt want to walk into their web

LuckyG
10-01-2007, 08:18 PM
I got over my fear of spiders by playing Turok 2. There's nothing like setting a spider the size of a VW on fire and watching it run around shrieking and vomiting acid.

Blitzed
10-01-2007, 08:31 PM
do they look like this?

Actually yes, I found one that looked like that the other day, it was on my mailbox, needless to say bills went un-paid. And yesterday i stepped on this big nasty brown one and when I did about 100 little itsy bitsy spiders ran off everywhere... fuckin freaks.