PDA

View Full Version : Any hikers?

natureisawesome
09-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Hello, I'm from washington and I really enjoy hiking. As you may know, there is many places to go hiking around here including the beautiful Olympic national Park. I just thought this would be a good opportunity to reach out to those with common interests in the great outdoors and who like to go hiking and otherwise appreciate the beauty of nature.

Not many people are serious hikers so it's not a bad idea to meet new people when you get the opportunity.

Please feel free to share your interests and whatever else is relevent. Thanks.

thecreator
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Yea I rekindled my love for hiking when i went to Colorado last month. Nature is pure unequivocal beauty and i always appreciated it (nature) but something about hiking long distances with water and weed is so invigorating! So how is the hiking in Washington? I'll be in Seattle sometime soon and I'd love a few spots to explore. Anyway cheers mate and I hope you continue your appreciation of mother nature.

Bogart
09-02-2007, 05:53 PM
:thumbsup:
I love hiking. Just finished hiking in Grundy Forest in the Tn Mountains a few weeks ago. Can't wait to go again.

natureisawesome
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
thecreator:

Yea I rekindled my love for hiking when i went to Colorado last month. Nature is pure unequivocal beauty and i always appreciated it (nature) but something about hiking long distances with water and weed is so invigorating! So how is the hiking in Washington? I'll be in Seattle sometime soon and I'd love a few spots to explore. Anyway cheers mate and I hope you continue your appreciation of mother nature.

Hiking in Washington is great. But one thing is if you go up to the Olympic national park you may find yourself paying unexpectedly high fees, depending on what you're used to. The Olympic national park is very beuatiful, and I've been there several times, including the hoh rain forest, elwah river trail/whiskey bend, bogachiel river trail, aurora ridge, hot springs, seven lakes basin.

I really want to try some other parks honestly. The great thing about the olympic national park though is that you can just leave your car in Seattle if you want to and there's transit buses that take you all the way around the peninsula. It's great for me anyways because I don't have a car, which makes it more exciting sometimes and more frustating others times as well.

Some people don't seem to mind hiking when smoking weed, and I don't mind as long as it's not a real tough trail. The most important thing is to carry the lightest pack you can!