PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico patients already being busted

Sombrero
08-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Medical Marijuana: Drug bust sparks questions over law (http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/67544.html)

New Mexico itself has already busted two medical marijuana patients, one was a paraplegic with a few plants. What pure crap.

Markass
08-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I can't fucking believe this shit..I hope the governor does something about this..

Sombrero
08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah it's the Gov that pushed this through, and he's probably the only one that has the power to do something. But in the meantime the State on NM is like a narc or something, saying that you can grow then busting you for it. And busting someone who so obviously uses it for medical purposes, it's just so sad. I never thought that this could or would happen, especially not so early on and in such a straightforward situation. This is a perfect example of why they just need to legalize and end prohibition.

wickerbill
08-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Isn't it funny that when the feds find it conveinent ie; disasters, modernizing infrastructure, fighting real crime,they say that it is the state's responsibility, but when you threaten the drug companys the feds are all over it. This is a facist government. The partys are both corrupt and serve their corporate masters. Only we the people can take it back.:mad:

ismokealldaylong420
08-29-2007, 04:23 PM
well we all know they love to kill sick and dying people faster than what they really are if anyone came in my house and tried to take like say my grandmas medicine or any other people that are chroniklly ill i would shoot em rofl becouse thats what there doing to the sick people that need to use marijuana as medicine and its bullshit we should hold some kinda march and everyone will be smoking and rallying were the damn d.e.a likes to hang out and if we get a whole lot of people what are they gonna do shoot us(wouldnt doubt it)

MadSativa
08-30-2007, 04:36 AM
they busted a old lady today too, she didnt even have a permit but she has cancer. She needed that herb, when they asked why she didnt have a permit she said I didnt know where to get one. We need a commercial on a local state wide station where we can get to these people. She was legaly legit just not on paper. Even a radio commercial would be good.

alwaysduinthadope
08-30-2007, 04:48 AM
well we all know they love to kill sick and dying people faster than what they really are if anyone came in my house and tried to take like say my grandmas medicine or any other people that are chroniklly ill i would shoot em rofl becouse thats what there doing to the sick people that need to use marijuana as medicine and its bullshit we should hold some kinda march and everyone will be smoking and rallying were the damn d.e.a likes to hang out and if we get a whole lot of people what are they gonna do shoot us(wouldnt doubt it)
id be in it,viva la resistance!:wave1:

wickerbill
08-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't know about the rest of you , but I am sick an tired of rich privaleged assholes, who have no clue as to what it is to make a living, doing real work, think that they have a right to the money we pay in taxes, telling us what is "good" for us and making up the rules to benefit them selves and their rich asshole friends while throwing us crumbs! If the colonists would have put up with Brittan's bullshit as long as we have put up with yhe government's the US would still be colonized! These pricks work for us! We need to hold them accountable! There is strength in numbers and there are millions of us. We have to help ourselves, no one else will, especially a politician! WE have to quit bitching about the situation, find a way to unite, take back the country and make marijuana legal, among other things.:chainsaw:

Zohar
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
To be honest, I think as more states are legalizing MMJ, it's only making the feds look worse and worse. They article about the paraplegic stated this received news coverage...that means they likely took the man in the wheel chair's side =).

My point is that if you are an average citizen who doesn't like weed, but doesn't hate it either and you hear about some poor crippled man being arrested when he owns a state permit, you'd better believe people's attitudes will start to change. It's been happening slowly but it will happen eventually, there will be a nationwide MMJ law because people will get pissed enough to change the way things works. You can only arrest the weak and lame so long before people get angry, real angry. Just do your part, let everyone know the feds are arresting poor old men / women in wheelchairs....though I do wish what I just said was false...how pathetic of them.

Weedywildwoman
08-30-2007, 06:25 PM
My point is that if you are an average citizen who doesn't like weed, but doesn't hate it either and you hear about some poor crippled man being arrested when he owns a state permit, you'd better believe people's attitudes will start to change. It's been happening slowly but it will happen eventually, there will be a nationwide MMJ law because people will get pissed enough to change the way things works. You can only arrest the weak and lame so long before people get angry, real angry. Just do your part, let everyone know the feds are arresting poor old men / women in wheelchairs....though I do wish what I just said was false...how pathetic of them.

Well said...They are harming those of us made physically weaker due to illness. They should be glad we have something that helps us feel better. I hope we see some major changes with a new president. I am doubtful, yet hopeful at the same time. Isn't anybody better than Bush though? :stoned:

olliegrow
08-30-2007, 06:48 PM
The first guy in Eddie county was in a wheel chair and only had 6 plants. The feds were not involved in the bust, it was a local narco group that got a heads up from someone. So how does he get busted with a state card and the fed were not involved?

Sombrero
08-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Here's the latest update on the situation

The Bill Richardson File - SantaFeNewMexican.com (http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/67672.html)

It seems that the narc team is actually more Federal than local, as it includes the DEA and FBI. That's an unsettling combination. I'm guessing that these busts won't be completely eliminated until a Democratic president is in office, but maybe Richardson can take care of the issue. October, when NM State has to decide on whether to grow and distribute or not, is fast approaching, and it's going to be a very interesting September.

2broke2smoke
08-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Sombrero if u believe that a democrat president will stop persecuting medical users u must be smoking crack yourself. It does not matter which party is in office, it is a shell game, big pharma is running the war on drugs.

Ron Paul for President:jointsmile:

2b2s

Nailhead
09-01-2007, 07:24 AM
This might be a good thing in the long run, (heavy emphasis on the word "might"). It could get Richardson to make a bigger push for an end to medical marijuana raids and a federal law that could put an end to this once and for all. He doesn't need to be president to do this, though it would be risky but come on, we all know he's not going to win the primaries so he might as well make use of the spotlight while the country is watching him! This will surely force him to show just how much he supports medical marijuana and the sick patients being harassed.

Zcomp
09-01-2007, 09:05 AM
I think you misunderstood sombrero. He's talking about the latest MMJ word.
ALL democrat nominees have vowed to end fed raids. Obama being the last to announce on aug 23. 2 Days after a gameshow on abc polled the state to see if MMJ was cool and most did. funny little coincidence.

wickerbill
09-01-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't believe that legalized weed will be pursued by either of the major parties. The issue itself is precarious. The right wing will throw in relgion and reefer madness propaganda. The left is too timid and don't want to rock the boat. I am sure that the industrys that are threatened by not only MMJ as viable and proven safe and effective, but also industrial hemp that would rock the pulp, oil, fabric industrys, etc. These corporations will do what ever it takes, fair or unfair, to block any form of legalization. They have deep pockets , and are able & willing to buy politicians who will protect the corporate interests. :cool:

TheDefiler
09-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm so sick of this corporate and political greed. It's all bullshit! Why can't everyone get together and get shit done for the betterment of humanity. The world needs to be like on Star Trek and the Federation. No money just working for the betterment of humanity. That's the way things need to be. Money just broods corruption!

LIP
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
This is disgusting, and this is why the laws are so completely absurd. What is wrong with these people? They'd rather someone be in pain permantly than let them smoke a plant??

It's this stuff that makes me think we should show them we mean business. Throw our weight around abit - there's enough of us for them NOT to ignore it. Lets face it - they dont half deserve it [the gov, and whoever else is responcible.]

olliegrow
09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
This state is Crazy!

Zcomp
09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
They don't have to legalize. All they have to do is cut funding for federal MJ investigations. Let the states do as there supposed too, Govern there citizens.
I personally will be there to go to death before allowing some fat cat in wash. decide whats good for me or not. People these days are too scared of there gov. What happened?? One day we're giving our lives for our freedoms and the next day we've been castrated and de-toothed.

12345-54321
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
luckily as more of the smoker generation comes of age, the MJ debate will become more active and perhaps someday they'll stop killing us with nicotine and start selling herb.

Look at prohibition, it didn't work and eventually the masses had their way. If the gov. realized that way more people smoke then they think, perhaps they'd stop f**king with pot growers / tokers and go after the main stream hardcore drug trade.

Which is more dangerous, an oz of weed, coke or H? Or how about the fact that meth and its counterparts are becoming more and more rampart and violence increasing.

On an aside, do you folks think that there are sites like this one, but for coke or meth or worse? Maybe best receipes, or chemicals to use or purchase, whatever.... crazy....

Lets get the meth-heads first, and worry a little less about the crippled old timers that are trying to better their last few bits of life. Talk about priorities out of wack.....

I don't know if a new pres. will do the trick, but it can't be any worse then the idiot that is in the office now. S**T how many times can he screw up simple sentences and such????

:s4:

MadSativa
09-11-2007, 08:44 PM
This state is Crazy!

yeah its beautifull huh, you can go to church and slaughter an animal and feast all in the same room at the same time. Love it!

MadSativa
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
and its state fair time, olly we need to blaze on the fairs wheel bra, its dope kinda of a Burque traditon here, just watch out for the Staters. And dont forget the native and spanish villages I have already gained about 10 pounds and its only the first weekend of state fair, and to the Texans comming in hit us up will take you on the high time tour.

Zcomp
09-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I think this blog is ignoring the fact that when MJ was prohibited, Wood & Paper Co.'s were the biggest power.
If you look around now you'll see that the most powerful US Co. is Walmart. Cheaper prices anyone????? Think if Walmart took interest in cheap fibers and oils??? They would never lobby against something to stock there shelves with.
People are just too scared to speak out about this in numbers.
Prohibition didn't work because of one reason... When your drunk you don't care what anyone thinks. That made for good protesters.
MJ on the other hand makes us couch-locked, This doesn't make for good protesting. :jointsmile:

SmokenGuitar
09-20-2007, 03:20 AM
DOW Chemical was and Is the leading company who is against the Hemp plant . They created Nylon during WW 2 . Because hemp competed against the Synthetic fibres that Dow was marketting it had to eliminate hemp in order to have a monopoly on heavy fibres . Dow is a major lobbying power in washington they will be the main force that we need to contend with

THE Myth that enough of us need to get old enough to gain true power . I am close to 40 years old . The stoner generation started long before I arrived . How old do we have to get before its going to change . The drug of choice in the 60s was cannabis . There were more pot heads back then there ever has been since the hippy days ended ....

NM---- I Came to this damn state in order to be able to get access to cannabis . The other states were too expensive for a disabled man in pain to be able to move to . THere is most likely a rogue cop force out there that will not back down on the drug war that has been fought here for decades . I talked to a neighbor about this situation , he said that the guy who was busted was a Felon and he was not supposed to have access to medical hemp . I guess that convicted felons in pain are just out of luck in this country . In short this fricken country is completely curropt and based upon money and lies

Zcomp
09-21-2007, 08:39 PM
SmokenGuitar,
I thought that when MJ was prohibited many logging/Paper Co's had lots of stake in already bought forest-land.
DOW must have lost a good bit of political power in the last few decades??
And its like I always tell people, invest all your money into good lawyers. I thankfully have no felon record, this is 100% due to knowing the importance of a good defense against an unlimited power.

SmokenGuitar
09-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Paper companies probably did have a lot of power during that period . Back east , the forest lands are all owned but out west much of the forest land is actually Public Land isnt it ?? I am not completely clear about this fact but I am pretty certain that many paper mills are located on public land

During WW2 , the government encouraged the growth of Hemp but there were constant shortages and it gave money to Dow in order to create synthetic alternatives . Dow succeeded in creating nylon and they soon discovered that they could make Enormous profits from the Monopoly sales of its new synthetic fibers . Shortly after the war the propaganda battle against hemp started and Dow lobbied for criminalisation of the plant . They demonized hemp and made it look like people became silly after using it . They also used racism to fuel there madness and eventually the succeeded in illegalising the most beneficial plant ( to humanity ) on planet earth .

Another historical note---
Cannabis was grown during the colonial period of the United States . Hemp was a key product that made the united states a very rich country during that period . Clothing manufacturers used Hemp extensively in the creation of clothing .. Hemp is much stronger and durable than cotton . The first war against hemp came when clothing manufacturers found out that they could make more money by selling us clothing that is made from cotton since cotton is not nearly as durable as hemp and people would be forced to purchase clothing much more frequently if it was made out of cotton . Greed is the overriding factor when looking into this issue . Hemp is soo durable and cheap to produce that it is capable of eliminating other lesser fibers . This fact has led to the various crusades against hemp .... Its all about concentration of power and wealth . Since hemp is usable for paper , the paper companies probably had a strong stake in the war against hemp . IF they own there own forest lands then why not just grow hemp instead of trees ? On the other hand if they are getting there wood freely from public land they would want to keep that cash cow alive ... I would think that public woodlands rather than private would be the reason for the greed mongers to lobby the government . I could be mistaken on this idea but I could see a greedy individual thinking like this

As for DOW chemical ... They are ultra powerful today . They are part of the petrochemical lobby . Those people are the most harmful individuals in the entire world . We do have a ray of hope and it comes from the pharmaceutical industry . This industry we would normally think of as being an enemy to our cause and humanity in general . They are finding new uses for cannabis and could potentially lobby the government to allow there specific cannabis drugs to be allowed in the USA . I am not saying this is likely or probable . I am simply saying it is a potential ally for us .

SmokenGuitar
09-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Zcomp==
Dow and Hearst lobbied the government to outlaw hemp . The news print industry was important in the illegalisation of this beneficial plant . The 2 reasons were artificial fibers and newsprint / paper products . News print was an important factor but they were making it out of cotton and not paper ... But we know that hemp can be used in paper products as well .

I believe that we are both right on this issue . It was the paper and the petrochemical / synthetic fiber industries that lobbied against hemp . Also , the cotton industry has been battling against hemp for centuries and they are involved in this as well . They demonized the plant in order to create hysteria about it and illegalise the worlds most beneficial plant ... Many people buy into propaganda campaigns quite easily and it becomes even easier if they attach a religious component to the propaganda . There products could not compete with hemp so big money used other tools to get what they wanted

YOU are right that Hearst had invested heavily in lumber holdings . To protect his businesses he lobbied successfully to outlaw hemp . Also , this stuff started during the 30s and accellerated during WW2 .

SmokenGuitar
09-23-2007, 01:31 AM
ON HEMP (http://www.lightparty.com/Energy/Hemp4.html)

Here is a link about the story of Cannabis and why it was illegalized . I have no idea what this political party stands for but the Hemp info is very true and valid . This story explains the situation better than I am able to do .

Zcomp
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Ahhh, Thank you for the link.
Hearst was the name I was looking for. He's the bastard who misused his "power of press" to knowingly falsify info to the American people. That has to be the biggest crime on MJ in history. Whats worse is that we fell for it, Without any science to back it.
If we learn 1 thing from this century, I hope that its not to trust what you hear. Its way to easy to scare Americans with simple propaganda.

qdavid
09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Dude, it was DuPont. Not Dow.

SmokenGuitar
09-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Just type dow /cannabis or dow /marijuana you should be able to find the information about dow being against Hemp . Dow , Du Pont and Hearst are all the devil for people like us . Its not just dow , or dupont or hearst ... Its ALL of those bastards and many others .

In that link I realise that it mentions dupont , but that link is not the only part of the puzzle . It explains a part of it , but not all

SmokenGuitar
09-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Yes back in that time Hearst was using his newspaper empire to demonize cannabis greatly . They used many tactics to make greatest good plant on earth into the greatest evil plant on earth . To this day , people continue to believe that hemp is an evil plant when in reality it is the most beneficial plant to humans of all plants (except food) .

Zcomp
09-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Yes I agree. I just read about some research that showed MJ actually helps to repair parts of the brain that control depression and anxiety. Proven in lab mice. That means that we could throw out Xanax, Zoloft, Seroquel and hosts of other very harmful(just read the side affects list) drugs.
Of course you won't ever hear about it on fox. Instead they'll feed us some bull about hitting a little girl with your car after leaving a drive-up window...."Cause your stoned".
I personally make damn sure my drink doesn't spill on the way out of my Wendy's.