PDA

View Full Version : Any Car Nuts?

GotBeat5.0
08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Just wondering if theres any car nuts on this board?

Another expensive hobby let me tell ya....

Just throw it out there right now im in the process of fixing up my 89 Mustang 5.0 its my baby its pretty stock at the moment seeing as im actually in the middle of doing some body work to it

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/gotbeat50/stang.jpg

(pic during a stang cruise 60+ mustangs cruising the highways

Before that I had a 2000 Mustang GT went a little crazy wit that car with nitrous and about every single bolt on possible

Also have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport lifted 2 inches

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/gotbeat50/jewint.jpg

(thats me stuck in a aprox. 18 foot tall snow bank thats Mopar for ya woot - only one to make it up and over....kinda hahah)

IThinkIamFeelingit
08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
I just put some new floor mats in my car the other day and I thought I was a car nut for doing that...guess not. LOL

slipknotpsycho
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
yeah, i have dreams to build my dream car from the ground up one day, only starting off with a chassis and rusted body...

mine will be black, with red interrior... and red stripe, not sure if i want a single red stripe or dual red stripes tho...

and that will be the baby i'll be droppin into it.

aeonblue11
08-28-2007, 01:04 AM
thats a good looking fox body. i love cars but i only have a 98 taurus se. but i'd love to get my hands on a low mileage (relatively) 1995 Taurus MTX SHO

Veratyr Star
08-28-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm drivin a 01 VW GTI Turbo. It's quick and I love it but I don't know a lot about cars.

In the near future I'm going to put these wheels on it -> Store (http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=139006&InfoID=2505&ShowLarge=True)

And this exhaust system -> Volkswagen 98-01 Golf IV (1.8T/2.0L/VR6) Greddy G2 Exhaust System (Part#10106801) (http://www.racinglab.com/vol98goliv18.html)

I don't have a cam to take pics of my car, but I found pics on the internet of my car

logie_boy
08-28-2007, 01:40 AM
used to be a mechanic for ford, but i wouldn't say i was car nut

GotBeat5.0
08-28-2007, 08:20 PM
well at least theres 2 of us on this board hahaha

MadSativa
09-01-2007, 02:05 AM
OOO FUCK that Camaro is fukin sick.............I have worked for Ford, Land Rover, Chevy, and Honda, I like working for dealers but the pay sucks, coars with flat rate we can always make up the cash some where. I got a 2 post lift now so side projects are always around just put a tranny in a toy truck, 6 hrs did it in 3. I got some restorations and some chassie desin in the past also some dune buggy and an untested aircraft frame builds in the past. The bst project I have done was a 63 ss Imapla With full juice. A friend I met through another friend said he had 25G's to put into the car ad I said give me the money and the car and give me 3 months, I wont take that much and he did. After about 6 months I had made a complete 3in. tubular frame, custom stealth pump, battery, and juice storage, 13 coat paint job with a friends airbrush design, gold and silver flake, interior in corinthian leather in cluding floor and ceiling, and buttom leather floor mats, and so much more. at the end of the 3 months he came to see it and I said were gonna need more time. And he said why then looked at the car in peices; he came when we even had the engine apart. At time of delivery it was like an episode of pimp my ride. He had seen the entire build but not with the car complete, it was dope, then he got in trouble and the car was auctioned off to some one in the east coast. I made about 5 Gs but that car was cherry, suicide pass. door, I put neon bubble in the head liner so at any mommet you could have a water light show in the headliner.

stopsnitchin
09-01-2007, 02:14 AM
I like cars. Mainly imports, but if its fast I respect it.

Heres my whip
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/Jdugan06/nofront.jpg

slipknotpsycho
09-01-2007, 02:48 AM

Heres my whip

only two imports i'd love to own..

3000GT or skyline..

skyline for raw power/performance.... 3000GT becuase it's not an entirely bad set up, and that body is just dead sexy :p atleast of new cars...

OOO FUCK that Camaro is fukin sick

thanks i think so as well :D

GotBeat5.0
09-02-2007, 10:54 PM

Heres my whip

yeah I feel ya man im mostly a domestic kinda guy but i respect anybody who has a done up car. Around my area i gotta deal with a bunch of guys who think their top dog with their Honda and all they have is exhuast and Cold Air Intake. I usually tell them let me get my Jeep cause I know it'll hand it to you. And I have done that before too

ganjzilla
09-02-2007, 11:06 PM
sweet cars guys...i have a 99 red exploder...nothing special but it gets me to where i need to be

OLDE ENGLISH '800
09-02-2007, 11:59 PM
i used to have a bagged ranger but a car ran a red light and totaled it. i now have a blazer i plan on cutting the springs and slaming it once i get off my lazy ass and do it.

cannabis campbell
09-03-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm drivin a 01 VW GTI Turbo. It's quick and I love it but I don't know a lot about cars.

In the near future I'm going to put these wheels on it -> Store (http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=139006&InfoID=2505&ShowLarge=True)

And this exhaust system -> Volkswagen 98-01 Golf IV (1.8T/2.0L/VR6) Greddy G2 Exhaust System (Part#10106801) (http://www.racinglab.com/vol98goliv18.html)

I don't have a cam to take pics of my car, but I found pics on the internet of my car

You are a lucky bastard! im going to get that car in a few years once i let my no claims build up, I prefer the older gti models though

Four50HP383Chevy
09-03-2007, 01:40 AM
you guys DOOO know that 3000gt's are slow as nutsack right?
fuck imports, you guys just need to experience a real car! :)

Nochowderforyou
09-03-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm not much of a car nut, or even have a license (I'm 25 too :p), but in storage I have my dads old 1967 Mustang. It's more both of ours, and when we do get together, we work on it. So far we have pretty much taken apart them entire body.

We have started grinding down the old paint down to the bare metal, then after that part, who knows.

We did fire it up when we forst got it though with the original '67 engine in it. The rumble and roar made my testicles hide from that car.

slipknotpsycho
09-03-2007, 01:49 AM
you guys DOOO know that 3000gt's are slow as nutsack right?
fuck imports, you guys just need to experience a real car! :)

since i'm the only one who even mentioned one... i'm assuming tha's to me...

and please refer to the rest of my post... i'm not big on imports, but if it was to be any import it'd be one of the two...

and i even said the main reason i like 3000gt's is the body style.. i just like the style dunno why... :p

btw, there's always the VR-4

EDIT: sorry about that, not in the same post, scroll up and you'll see my ultimate dream car...

i'd give my left nut, and maybe the right, to own that car.

slipknotpsycho
09-03-2007, 01:50 AM
I'm not much of a car nut, or even have a license (I'm 25 too :p), but in storage I have my dads old 1967 Mustang. It's more both of ours, and when we do get together, we work on it. So far we have pretty much taken apart them entire body.

We have started grinding down the old paint down to the bare metal, then after that part, who knows.

We did fire it up when we forst got it though with the original '67 engine in it. The rumble and roar made my testicles hide from that car.

lmao, quote of the week, definately. :thumbsup:

OLDE ENGLISH '800
09-03-2007, 01:58 AM
i hit 160 in a 3g thats not that slow

Four50HP383Chevy
09-03-2007, 02:10 AM
i hit 160 in a 3g thats not that slow

unless it was built to hell (in which case it doesnt matter WHAT car you're in) i call bullshit

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/four50hp383chevy/1975%20Chevy%20Silverado/Truck5-5-0710.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/four50hp383chevy/1975%20Chevy%20Silverado/PC200001.jpg

even my 1.6 fiesta could roast most of the stock civics out there :D

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/four50hp383chevy/1980%20Ford%20Fiesta/Fiesta8-28-071.jpg

OLDE ENGLISH '800
09-03-2007, 02:14 AM
it was my moms didnt have nothing done to it all i did was take it to a friend had the top speed limiter took off and had it tuned.i smell a hater

slipknotpsycho
09-03-2007, 02:15 AM
well wth is the point in looking for a fast powerful car if you're just gonna leave it stock?

that pretty much takes nearly all 'cheaper' cars out of your sights, cars that normal people could afford and leaving you with exotics... porsche, saab, aston martin, etc...

usually a car nut looks for one thing, power/speed. nothing stock is ever good enough :p if there's something you can add to make it go faster, or add more raw power, they add it.

there are very cars i'd imagine any car nut would be happy with being completely stock... most of which would be older muscle cars and that's more about tapping into the past, rather then having the best.

Four50HP383Chevy
09-03-2007, 02:40 AM
it was my moms didnt have nothing done to it all i did was take it to a friend had the top speed limiter took off and had it tuned.i smell a hater

yup, you've got a hater on your hands. i'm a hater of all-show-no-go everything. motorcycles, cars, boats, jet skis... you name it, i don't fuck with it if it's a fast-wannabe. there are older civics that have faster stock 0-60 times than 3000gt's. the gt's were shitsubishis version of the dodge stealth kind of. they LOOK kind of fast, but they most definately arent.

OLDE ENGLISH '800
09-03-2007, 03:01 AM
how exactly is my moms stock 3g all show and no go?actually you got it wrong there buddy the stealth was dodges version of the 3g the only difference between 3g and the stealth are badges and that stupid stealth spoiler.yeah and i can show you tons of civics that will put domestics on there ass.

slipknotpsycho
09-03-2007, 04:26 AM
hey olde -

i'm not one of those :p as you can probably tell..

<.< i know where my car lacks and where it's strong... city-street style racing, i'd get owned no doubt.. just don't let me catch you on a straight away.. it'd be over before it started :D even if it would cost me like 4x the gas :S2:

OLDE ENGLISH '800
09-03-2007, 04:41 AM
lol
i dont even have a car worth racing i got 2 many tickets and had 2 sell it now i just roll slow bumping hard in my blazer:bigsmoke:

xcrispi
09-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Sup ,
Quit the squabblin guys . Anything can be made fast , it's all about money / know how . I've seen 8 sec. volkswagon beetles , 7 sec. honda civics , 6 sec. door cars .
Qtr. mi. times too BTW , not 1/8 mi.

Slip.- way sweet 1st gen. camaro . I've had 2 - both fathom green / wht stripe
Z28's .

450hp383 - Im a bad dog man , went and sold that beige 81 swb 468 chevy truck last month . :( Wife wants a 62-67 chevy 2 , or a 68-69 AMC rambler .

GotBeat5.0 - There's lotsa gearheads on can.com were hiding , Shovelhandle used dragrace bikes , Tokudai used to dragrace too . I started dragracing cars at 17 , then 3 cyl. 2 stroke Kaws for a while , and now back into racing cars again . Heres a pic of the cutlass .

Motor = gen 6. 4 boltmain 454 , moldex crank , carillo h beam rods , studed mains , diamond forged pistons , hellfire rings , billet oilpump , geardriven timing , soild roller cam , closed chamber ovalport heads w/ many many many hrs. spent on porting , cc'ing , and gasket matching heads n intake manifold , 850 dbl pumper .

Trans = turbo 400 truck trans w/ J/W bell , compl. rollerized , big drum , heavy sprag , 10 in. coan conv and valvebody .

Rear = 1969 chevelle 12 bolt housing w/ ford 9in housing ends , c clip eliminator , 33 spline moser axles , custom built posi/carrier - carbonfiber clutches , 800lb springs , and strange side gears , aluminum girdle cvr. .

We just got a fiberglass 3 1/2 in cowl hood for it so we had enough clearence for the Wilson Nos plate system 175hp-400hp.

Were looking to run atleast a 10.99 or better on a true radial thru the mufflers in street trim . After that the car wont pass tech anymore w/o a cage in it and they'll send me home :D

Peace
Crispi :jointsmile:

wonka911
09-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Sup ,
Quit the squabblin guys . Anything can be made fast , it's all about money / know how . I've seen 8 sec. volkswagon beetles , 7 sec. honda civics , 6 sec. door cars .
Qtr. mi. times too BTW , not 1/8 mi.

Slip.- way sweet 1st gen. camaro . I've had 2 - both fathom green / wht stripe
Z28's .

450hp383 - Im a bad dog man , went and sold that beige 81 swb 468 chevy truck last month . :( Wife wants a 62-67 chevy 2 , or a 68-69 AMC rambler .

GotBeat5.0 - There's lotsa gearheads on can.com were hiding , Shovelhandle used dragrace bikes , Tokudai used to dragrace too . I started dragracing cars at 17 , then 3 cyl. 2 stroke Kaws for a while , and now back into racing cars again . Heres a pic of the cutlass .

Motor = gen 6. 4 boltmain 454 , moldex crank , carillo h beam rods , studed mains , diamond forged pistons , hellfire rings , billet oilpump , geardriven timing , soild roller cam , closed chamber ovalport heads w/ many many many hrs. spent on porting , cc'ing , and gasket matching heads n intake manifold , 850 dbl pumper .

Trans = turbo 400 truck trans w/ J/W bell , compl. rollerized , big drum , heavy sprag , 10 in. coan conv and valvebody .

Rear = 1969 chevelle 12 bolt housing w/ ford 9in housing ends , c clip eliminator , 33 spline moser axles , custom built posi/carrier - carbonfiber clutches , 800lb springs , and strange side gears , aluminum girdle cvr. .

We just got a fiberglass 3 1/2 in cowl hood for it so we had enough clearence for the Wilson Nos plate system 175hp-400hp.

Were looking to run atleast a 10.99 or better on a true radial thru the mufflers in street trim . After that the car wont pass tech anymore w/o a cage in it and they'll send me home :D

Peace
Crispi :jointsmile:

ohhh my i bet that damn thing gets it and then some haha i deffinantly wouldnt have it without a cage thats a whole hell of alot of twisting power theres 10 points in summit for only 260$ some...geardrive ahhh love it

Twentyinches
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
givin a little CPR to an old thread, I have an 88 must GT, 347 stroker, 4.10 rear...etc, I love foxbody's...

yokinazu
12-07-2007, 04:38 PM
my first car 70 nova 350 with a power glide. me and my dad put a mild cam in it but that was about it. nothin specail i was still in high school
then i got a 67 mustang coupe. restored it to be basicaly stock.
couple years ago i got into imports i had a nissan 240sx that was a pretty bad ass little car
now i got a 2001 mitsi eclipse gt 3.0 that just flat gets it. not super fast runs like a low 13.
im workin on restoring a 69 nova ss right now.
ive built a 600hp buick turbo t, an 84 mustang 850hp. so im tryingto talk the owner of the nova into puttin a 572ci in it.
i been turning wrenches a long as i can remember. but professionaly since 94. i specialize in trannys so no car i have ever owned had a stock trans in it.

illnillinois
12-07-2007, 04:39 PM

katyowns
01-17-2008, 06:37 AM
In the process of stock piling parts for a spring build out on a 2002 WRX

It's gonna be reeeeeal nice

01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
05 Subaru WRX. With STI Turbo, STI Intercooler, STI Injectors, STI Fuel pump, cat back exhaust, downpipe, up-pipe, ecu reflash, intake, turbo timer, wheels and springs. She gets up and goes!! 13.2 quarter mile :jointsmile:

katyowns
01-20-2008, 07:36 PM
05 Subaru WRX. With STI Turbo, STI Intercooler, STI Injectors, STI Fuel pump, cat back exhaust, downpipe, up-pipe, ecu reflash, intake, turbo timer, wheels and springs. She gets up and goes!! 13.2 quarter mile :jointsmile:

I could have fun with you. Oh yes.

also, who did your tune?

01-22-2008, 03:02 AM
Shiv from VISHNU tuning :thumbsup:

partyguy420
01-26-2008, 06:45 AM
to the owner of that chevy truck! that thing is bad ass.... we had a 1974 chevy truck[same body as yours] with a 400 small block... thing ran as good as the day we bought it to the day it was immpounded.

the list of cars we have owned can go on FOR EVER! right now... we have nuthing built up for speed really.... we have a 1965 barracuda....[the one with the big back window] its got a slant 6... originally came with a 318 v-8.... and 4 speed manual[had to put the 3 speed auto in with the slant 6] its got a problem we are gonna have to look at tomarow[vacum hose leak or bad valve... bad gas mileage, and serious lack of power....like gas mileage is as bad as the 400 SBC was......] its his daily driver... and last friday watched it hit 900000 miles.....[probably have had that thing flip a few times] he puts about 100 miles on it every day.. and shes seen about 5 different motors.... i would like to find him a 318... and a 4 speed. and try and get it back to orignial sizes and what not....

we have spent alot of years working on it together.... one of the few things we injoy doing... and its how we have rebuilt our relationship.... rebuilding cars.... if we didnt share a knoeldge and joy of working on cars... i think our relationship wouldnt exist.

we have worked on plenty of cars... ford t-birds... the chevy truck we had... ford explorers... lincon town cars, dodge diplomats, chevy brettas.... 2 VW bugs... and 1 supper bettle.... a few other chevy trucks... a s-10 blazer, s-10 trucks.... an old 1970 ford truck...

ive been holding wrenches since i could wrap my fingers around them... and turning bold since i could turn the bolts after the old man broke em loose for me.

the picture of the 65 barracuda is sort of crappy... taken at dusk with no flash... on... sort of far away... my hands sort of twitch.... and its got a bad paint job in the picture... eventually.... ill get him a better daily driver, and we can tare the cuda down... and do a ground up restore on her... i think the original 318 is under the house.... or it might be in the truck box in the garage..... but some day... it will get done.....

the picture of the red car is my dream car...except i was a 1970 not a 1972... and i was 2 black stripes instead of the white ones... and i want the black vinal top..... 1970 chevy chevelle SS....

yokinazu
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
70 chevelle ss. man that brings back memorys. when i was a kid my old man had one. it came with the 396 4 barrel and a 4 speed. he bought it used from a DRIVERS ED school. that would have been sweet to learn to drive in. he traded itin when gas prices started gettin up there. said it was to expensive to drive. so he got a new duster with a big block, some savings huh.

oh yeah his ss was white with black rally stripes

fosomker
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
I am a big car fan and I spend too much money on them. I do circle track racing and it can get expensive.

This is my Brodix head/Intake 434SBC running methonal with 14.51 compression. I am getting ready to engine dyno the motor early next month. Early perdictions from builder is 600-650 HP in a 2500lb open wheel car....

[attachment=o176120]

partyguy420
01-29-2008, 02:41 AM
well... the 1965 was repaired over the weekend... some valvues were to tight others was to loose... but... right as it was running right.... the rear drive line on the ford explorer falls off as my dad was pulling out of the drive way.....

Frickr
01-29-2008, 03:29 AM
my first pickup was a 72 ford f100, that thing had 3 pistons that were cracked out of it. im still deciding if i want to restore it. after that i put a motor in a 77 f100 shortbox stepside. i got a set of 15x10 cragger rev. offsets for it, shorty headers, mild cam, 650 edelbrock, and 3 inch exaust on a 351W HO. that thing halled with a 3 on the tree. thats sitting in the driveway with a bent valve. didnt like 6 grand. after that i got an 85 monte carlo ss, after i tore the rear end out, and stuck one in our of a junk yard, i could run at 180 no joke. had like a 2.08 ratio wouldnt shift into overdrive till 120. thats stripped out for dragracing now, with a 4 bolt 350, big cam, intake, stock pistons and rods for now, and camle hump heads. waiting for summer to come to find out some times on it. also have a 80 CJ7 jeep, with a set of 33's under it, not to much that it cant get through. currently replacing the axles in that. now im drivin a 2000 honda civic SI. it has a JDM b16, 180 at the crank with intake, 4 to 1 header, and full catback. all you guys knockin at hondas being slow havent road in a faster honda. i know its not the fastest out there, but a 14 sec quarter mile isnt bad for a almost bone stock honda.

biohazard
03-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Car nut here. I'm into domestics, specifically mopars. I have a 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby (yes, Fords were not the only things Carroll worked on :)). It's currently parked as I'm working on it. Stock these cars do 15s flat in the 1/4. I am aiming for a 12.5 (could get lower if I can get traction - slicks). Basically the block and head will remain stock, along with most other parts. I am going to replace the turbo with a Super 60 spec with quick spool mods. Bigger intercooler, ported exaust manifold and 3" exhaust should easily get me over 300whp. These cars are built strong and can easily take the power (they had a factory S60 option that got them to 300hp). Gotta love the sleeper turbo dodges :).

Oh yeah did I mention it's a 2.2l 4 banger? :D It will be a daily driver too.