PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy Questions

cannabis campbell
08-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Obviously theres no right or wrong answer in this so just copy and paste it and give your own personal answer.

--------------

Love or money which is better?

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts?

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed?

Why do all good things come to an end?

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it?

Would you kill one person to save a thousand?

What does death feel like?

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge?

Is it wrong to love yourself?

Are you important? Do you really matter?

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world?

To live forever; a blessing or curse?

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing?

Do we have a "right" to be happy?

If people fear the unknown, then what is curiosity?

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom?

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others?

What is preferable truth or compassion?

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why?

What do you feel you are entitled to in life?

Is life serious?

Does everything in the world have an opposite?

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now?

nschell_420
08-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Love or money which is better?Money, all i have really seen of love now ends badly so I don't see the big deal.

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts?Don't Know

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed?I think it is greed,that is what causes most bad people to be bad, and prideful people just seem more ignorant.

Why do all good things come to an end?Because people don't know how to make them last.

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it?No, I see nothing that would make me want to be a girl,except looking in the mirror and playin with myself.

Would you kill one person to save a thousand?In a heartbeat,even if it was myself.

What does death feel like?Depends on how you die but after,nothing.

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge?by paying attention

Is it wrong to love yourself?No, if you can't love yourself you can't love anything

Are you important? Do you really matter?No,but I hope someday I will

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world?the news is which causes others to be,and also people like seeing bad stuff happen as long as it is not to them.

To live forever; a blessing or curse?blessing,why would anyone get bored with life?

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing?I'm not exactly sure what you mean without circumstances but I would try to maximize happiness.

Do we have a "right" to be happy?If we want to be happy we have every right.

If people fear the unknown, then what is curiosity?People fear change not so much the unknown I think.

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom?No,I think life is very important and could never mess with someones without good reason and wisdom is not.

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others?Everyone thinks evil sometimes but most can control it.

What is preferable truth or compassion?Truth,compassion is just lies and can make people weak.

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why?i think most people believe based upon others beliefs because for some reason people care what others think.

What do you feel you are entitled to in life?Whatever I want that I can get without hurting others.

Is life serious?It is if you make it that way, but I think life should be fun.

Does everything in the world have an opposite?Not the exact opposite but I think with all the people on the Earth their will be very close to an opposite for every person.

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now?Probably not,unless it was like a rapist or something that hurt someone else.

I doubt many will read, but that is what i think.:rastasmoke:

Matt the Funk
08-22-2007, 03:31 AM
Love or money which is better? Love.

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts? Wise people are wise enough to question themselves.

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed? A bit of both. Pride is more of a flaw in general, while greed seems to be mostly human.

Why do all good things come to an end? Change is the only thing gaurunteed in life.

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it? Sure.

Would you kill one person to save a thousand? If I myself had to, no.

What does death feel like? I don't know.

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge? Experience.

Is it wrong to love yourself? No.

Are you important? Do you really matter? It's all subjective. Personally, I myself think I am just an ant.

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world? Obsession in general isn't good, moderation is key.

To live forever; a blessing or curse? Curse. I would hate to be conscience forever.

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing? What is the right thing? If it makes me happy, chances are I think it's the right thing.

Do we have a "right" to be happy? We have the "right" to do anything. The goverment even has the "right" to bitch slap us around. But we have the "right" to bitch slap them too.

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom?No.

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others? Subjective.

What is preferable truth or compassion?Truth.

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why?Too high to understand lol.

What do you feel you are entitled to in life? Nothing.

Is life serious? Subjective.

Does everything in the world have an opposite? I would think so.

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now?Probably but not purposely

Blitzed
08-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Obviously theres no right or wrong answer in this so just copy and paste it and give your own personal answer.

--------------

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts?
Fanatics are always certain because, the believe 100% in what they are a fanatic of, and wiser people are full of doubts beacause they are scared to be incorrect.

Greed, it is natural animal instinct to want the best resources to survive.

Because nothing can last forever,

One day might not do much, but yes, it would make sexist people have to know what its like to be the other sex.

Yes, because one life lost would outweigh the negative of one thousand lifes lost.

No one will ever know, but different deaths would feel different things.

Trial, and error

No, loving your self is natural, but being narcissistic is wrong

To some people yes, to others no, you arent important to people that dont know you exist. So on the large scale, no.

Yes, because, mankind believes its perfect, and tries to fix all the flaws.

Curse, you would see all your loved ones die, or you would never get attached to people.

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing?

Yes, every person deserves to do in life what they want, that satisfies their happiness.

We want to know what is going to happen, to ease the fear of not knowing.

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others?

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why?

Is life serious?

I got tired of answering about there, I need to take a shower!

silkyblue
08-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Love or money which is better? money you would starve without it!

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts? opinions on fools and finatics are like ass holes everyones got one

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed? greed breeds ugliness

Why do all good things come to an end? because theres no end to the galaxy

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it? hell naw!

Would you kill one person to save a thousand? you betcha!

What does death feel like? dark nothing

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge? learning and living long lives

Is it wrong to love yourself? NO if you love yourself [no matter what youve done] you love god

Are you important? Do you really matter? We all are important

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world? yes def.

To live forever; a blessing or curse? blessing!

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing? just do the right thing

Do we have a "right" to be happy? hell yes!

If people fear the unknown, then what is curiosity? nosey neighbors!!

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom? naw

evil is one breath away, dont go there! Beware!

What is preferable truth or compassion? the truth will set you free

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why? everyone believes the same, we are drawn to goodness!

What do you feel you are entitled to in life? more pi"

Is life serious? you betcha!

Does everything in the world have an opposite? yes and a triangle

your dam straight!

;);)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Coelho
08-23-2007, 08:33 PM

--------------

It depends... how much money for how much love?

Because wiser people knows more alternatives, so they know the way they think is only one of several ways.
Fools and fanatics only know their own way of thinking, so for them they are in the only right way, their one.

For me, none of the above... in my own viewpoint, its the stupidity.

Well... everything, good or bad, have an end... maybe we care only about the good ones, so thats why we dont realize the end of the bad ones...

Of course... i always wished to know how feels like having multiple orgasms ;)

Dont know... and i hope never to need to take one decision like that.

Dont know... yet. But i fear when i know it it wont be possible to come back and tell you...

Searching, seeking, struggling to gain it.

Of course not... but you must love thy neighbors also.

Depends from the viewpoint... for me, of course i matter... for the universe, im only a small bactery in a grain of sand called Earth...

Most people are... sad but true...

Depends how would be this life... like a heaven or like a hell?

Very hard question... im not very "righteous", so i really dont know.

Of course! Why not???

Not all people fears the unknown... some of them fear the ignorance... so the curiosity.

This choice was already made when they did eat the Forbidden fruit...

I think so... we humans are imperfect, so we are subject to doing evil things, as well as good things.

Hard question... i think it would depend on the situation

I think most people dont stops to think about what they feel, or know, or believe. I think they just repeat what they have learned, without thinking. Thinking is hard work, you know. And always there is the TV for showing them what is right and what is wrong.

Dont know... yet.

Is life serious?
It depends on you... You choose to take the life seriously, or not. The Life itself is greater than human concepts, like seriuosness...

Hard question... i cant answer, cause i dont know everything in the world...

Maybe... even if im very peaceful, almost zen, when im REALLY angry i fear myself (even if im very fearless), so who knows?

Damn... reading my own answers, if it was never illegal, i would kill myself right now... i sound like an asshole... well, maybe i really am one... so, forgive my assholeness... at least im being honest in my answers...

Reefer Rogue
08-27-2007, 10:01 AM

--------------

The issue here is not love or money but which is 'better' What is better? For each individual, it comes down to our own preferences for happiness. Therefore, personally, i think money is better because it is a tool which can satisfy more of my utilitarian preferences then love can. For example, i can buy a lot of weed and get high, or buy food, or buy a movie, or buy a car, or a house or a hooker. Love, is hard to define, again i would say it comes down to our personal definition, that is shared between two people. Love is not more sustainable then money imo, money is not going anywhere, love can be broken.

Fools are not wise and the wise are not fools. Over confident youngsters may think they know all the answers but experiance gains knowledge, therefore older is wiser. Doubt is the vestibule to truth.

The basic fundamental flaw in human nature is our animalistic desires, which can cloud our minds over rationality and spirituality.

Because we are in the world which encompasses time, which by definition posseses the power for beginnings and endings. Death is inevitable for all men, no matter how rich or poor.

Yes, and attempt to have lesbian sex.

Yes, based on utilitarianism. (The greatest happiness for the greatest number)

We can only postulate, i would assume painful in the physical body and enlightening in the soul.

By studying philosophy, by experiance, by rationalizing. By learning and studying other people.

No, there is no objective guide lines in the universe where it says it is 'wrong' (what is wrong?) to 'love' yourself.

Yes, we are all important imo. Either you are nihilistc, which means you think the world has no point basically, or you can embrace existence and attemp to find your own personal meaning in life. A man is judged by his actions, not his words. We matter, as much as the work we are willing to do to create our own essence.

You have the free will to decide what to do, you are responsible for all you actions and are condemmed to freedom. All decisions are yours. You don't have to be obsessed with anything 'wrong' in the world.

To live forever in the after life is a blessing i await with open arms.

I should act so that i may will my maxim to be a universal law. I follow preference utilitarianism, however, i am never forced against the will of my own to commit an immoral act. I can rationally think about how i act and then consistently do so.

Everyone has human rights, everyone has free will, happiness is subjective. I believe i have the god given rite to consume cannabis, therefore creating happiness, wisom and healing.

Different people fear different things. Curiosity is wonder about what one does not know. It is the wish to know more, to become more knowledgeable, therefore there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

If by sacrifice you mean kill someone innocent, then no. If you mean sacrifice my virginity in exchange for the wisdom of knowledge from a beautiful older women, then yes, i've done that.

Is a new born baby evil, or does he learn evil from experiance? I believe so, i do not think evilness is an innate concept which is inside of us. Humans create morailty with the choices they make, either good or evil.

When a person can be truthful and compassionate, then he is the preferable one.

I believe the environment they are raised plays an initial part in their fundamental, perhaps subconscious beliefs. However, in life as we mature, become more rational, we can learn that we can believe other things and have the free will to decide whatever we choose. Parents play an initail part to how we grow and learn and then it ultimately depends on us.

I feel i am entitled to the rite to life and all my other basic human rites.

Is life serious?

The meaning of life is subjective, so it's as serious as you make it.

Perhaps...

No, and i will try my best to remain a pascifist, except in situations of self defence where i believe my preference for survival outweighs an attackers preference to kill me.

yeah...

cannabis campbell
08-28-2007, 03:41 AM
well heres my answers...

Love, thats just something that cant be bought no matter how much money you have.

Because fools and fanatics are too cocky and wiser people speculate and think more.

Definately greed.

Because you enjoy them too much.

Yeah would be weird but would just want to see what things feel like I guess haha

Depends, I wouldnt kill one good person to save 1000 hitlers.

No one knows

Books, experiences, travelling, other people

No as long as you dont love yourself too much.

Yep every person is as important as the next what we do makes a difference.

Yes.

That would definately be a curse.

Doing the right thing.

Dont see why not.

Another word for nosey lol.

I have no innocence :).

Yeah I think everyone has evil thoughts

Truth.

Im not sure on this one.

Whatever we want, as long as you work for it.

Is life serious?
It can be but most of it is about having fun why waste all your time making things serious, lifes about fun fun fun!

Yes

Yeah and everyone else would of aswell it would be a normal thing to do just like sex.

snowblind
08-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Love or money which is better? love, but in a wider context, love of friends family, life, people and a soulmate. live with out this can seem bleak. it quenches the soul deeply, where as money temporerialy makes you forget your thirst

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts? because they are fanatical, becuase they cannot see the woods for the trees infront of them, because people who belive in nothing will belive in anything. wisdom comes from questionning and seaking reason. to accept something for the mere sake of acceptance, without understanding is stupid.

i would say greed, but i think they are linked. greed could be for arguments sake the personification of pride, the material manisfestation ofit. they are both ugly characteristics.

because with out knowing bad we cannot know good. they are reference points for each other. if we knew good all the time, it would not be good, simply normal.

if i could talk to the person i had to kill first.

nothing.

through teachers, study, mistakes and taking chances

not at all, self love is very important, it is the basis for a posotive life and well being. through self love we have the power to make difficult descions, knowing that the outcome will be best for us and imporve us

i matter to the people in my life that love me, i am important to myself and i am important to the people who i engage with. in the grand scheme of things i may not be so important, but knowing to a handful of people i am the world, well that is all that matters

i think honestly we are. i think spirituality adn comunity have been disolved in way of materialism and the media's spin. i think if we all turned off our tv and spoke to our neighbours, read a book and did something of substance, the poloticians would really have something to fear.

a blessing, life is amazing i would want to live forever, learn all i could, become a master at so many of my passions. it would not be without its pains though. but sometimes knowing someone for a little while is better than never knowing them at all.

i would never do the right thing just becuse it is the right thinfg, i would do it because i believed in it. so the latter. it is the real world out there. sometimes you have to fight dirty, because the next bloke is willing to stoop lower.

we have the right to not be made unhappy through others actions or prejudices, but happiness is something that is earnt i think, it is not a right as such

people who fear the unkown have small minds that function within very specific boundries, paranoid of external sources they cant control. curiosity is for the open minded and enlightened.

never, an innocent is an innocent.

i think given the right pressures and situation we all have the capacity to commit an evil act. removing these pressures or situations i think it takes someone devoid or emotion, logic and reason to commit evil.

the truth, as hard as it maybe at the time to comprehend or assimilate. the truth will always set you free.

i think it depends on the upbrinigin the situations and the influneces in formative years. parents who nuture children to wuestion ad find there own answers will crete adults who find who they are. parents who are very sheltering and commanding will produce adults willing to confirom and not push the boundries of there knowledge.

what ever i want, the same as everyone else.

Is life serious?
it is what you make it, reality is your interpretation of what you think you see, feel and here. if you take that as being serious, then more fool you.

physicall no, spiritually possibly, i think everything has matches, these are opposites as such just peices that fit together. althought apart from asexual being i guess all living beings dom fundemetally at least.

i am sorry to say there was a time in my life where i seriously contemplated killing someone. they where dark and hazy days. the legality is a trivial matter. i believe taht when a human kills another human, something fundementally changes in there psyce and im not sure everyone can handle it. however i am capable of extreme violence. there are some buttons people inist on pressing.

Quantummist
08-28-2007, 05:27 AM

..... Neither , To all things there is a season

...... The fools know not how little They know, The Wise Do.

...... Neither , To all things there is a season

:cool: because the arrow of time always point forward.

:cool: No. I am what I am and thats all that I am.

:cool: In a Heart beat

:cool: Nothing

:cool: Wisdom you gain by living, Knowledge by Doing.

:cool: Only in public

:cool: Depends on scale of comparison

:cool: No. We are not obsessed enough with things out of this world.

:cool: Depends on when you ask me, The first week or the first millennium.

:cool: Doing the right think... to do so when no one is watching is the heart of Honor

:cool: No. We have but the ability, how we use it is an individuals prerogative.

:cool: The thing that killed the cat .. Thats why we fear it.

:cool: Both cannot specifically defined to the individual and are scaleular not binary.

:cool: There is no evil, just those that hate,

:cool: Compassionate Truth

:cool: Man is a heard animal, some follow some lead some get lost in the back forty.

:cool: Living

Is life serious?

:cool: As Serious as a Heart attack

:cool: No, Because opposites attract and I'm still alone

:cool: No. If I come to the point I think someone needs killing It would be legal or I would not think they need killing.

angry nomad
08-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Love or money which is better? Money. I can use money to buy love, but not love to buy money.

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts? Because most people are idiots. Fools know this. So for the fool to fool himself and other (fooling and getting fooled again) he has to be so sure of himself that he believes his tomfoolery. So mass media markets to the masses trash of fanatics which is sheer folly.

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed? Neither. Laziness.

Why do all good things come to an end? Second law of thermodynamics.

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it? If I could change gender for one day, yet remain a male, yes I would.

Would you kill one person to save a thousand? Yes. But no. Only if I could travel back in time.

What does death feel like? this is less philosophical?

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge? open

Is it wrong to love yourself? no. it is the safest form of sex

Are you important? Do you really matter? yes. because if i didn't i would kill myself, and so should you, you damn nihilist

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world? mainly just americans

To live forever; a blessing or curse? do i reincarnate? do i age? these must be considered!

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing? well, weed is illegal and i smoke it

Do we have a "right" to be happy? yes

If people fear the unknown, then what is curiosity? courage

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom? wise people say yes innocent people say no

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others? yes

What is preferable truth or compassion? compassionate truth. we can make more pies, you know.

Both

What do you feel you are entitled to in life? Privacy from the prying eyes of the goddamn government.

Is life serious? It's most serious thing you will ever experience.

Does everything in the world have an opposite? no

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now? no [/QUOTE]

delusionsofNORMALity
09-09-2007, 11:11 PM
love-while neither is the be all end all of existence, money is nothing more than a tool and can always be replaced by another form of power. love, on the other hand, is one of those intangibles that make life so much more than just survival.

the simple answer is that a wise man realizes that there are factors in every situation that he cannot know and that the lack of that information may lead him to a wrong conclusion. i think the truth is that fools and fanatics are as full of doubt as anyone else, they are just more adept at lying to themselves.

there is no fundamental flaw in human nature. it merely is.

everything comes to an end.

of course.

i see no difference between the death of one and the death of a thousand.

i don't know. i'll tell you when i get there. i would suppose that once the nerves have stopped firing there will be nothing.

how do you not?

only if you think it is. to be completely self-absorbed is rather foolish and pointless, but only you can determine whether it is right or wrong.

to myself i'm not all that important, to some of those around me i'm quite important. on a cosmic scale of one to ten, i'd say i'm about a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000001

to be obsessed with anything to the exclusion of all else is always foolish, but no minor obsession is either wrong or right.

if you consider the journey to be what is important, it would be a blessing. if you cherish the fruits of your labors above all else, it would be a curse. i'm torn on the matter, but i think that i am selfish enough to consider it a curse.

to me they amount to the same thing. what makes me happiest is doing what i believe to be right.

NO!

a morbid desire to disappoint yourself?

we aren't given that choice. innocence dies whether we will it or not and, though we may choose to ignore it, wisdom is the normal by-product of survival.

there seems to be a bit of everything inside each of us and we all define evil in our own ways.

compassion- truth is far too elusive and usually false anyway.

belief without evidence (mine included) seems to be based on a mixture of experience and desire. for some, one will win out over the other. you can never tell which.

nothing i'm not willing to pay for in one way or another.

Is life serious?
survival is serious business. all else is just fun and games.

though i would like to believe that reality is somehow balanced, it sure doesn't seem that way.

we are all capable of committing atrocities and then justifying them to ourselves.

well, that was fun.:woohoo:

cannabis campbell
09-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Some interesting answers here :stoned:

thekhoso
09-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Love today, i think is only for the money. Working hard and earning your own money is an ecstatic feeling. Love however, fades away.

it's probably both. first you have greed. it is only AFTER fulfilling our greed, we're proud. after pride, a higher level of greed comes (political corruption). it's a never ending cycle and eventually it leads to insanity. probably the ONLY drawback of capitalism.

So do bad things. Everything comes to an end. One day, the whole existance of this planet and universe will end.

hah! yeah, i really wanna know chick psychology - and the only way to know about it is when you ARE them

leaving religious punishments aside - i would.

peaceful because the first sense you lose is the sense of touch. no pain.

[travel, meeting people, being betrayed by people, betraying people, reading, watching telly, listening to music, talking to elders. wisdom and knowledge can even be acquired in a solitary confinement cell. all you need is an open mind.

hell no.

to my friends and family i do. one day i'll be an asset to the music industry. heh :thumbsup:

sex, alcohol, gambling... we becomes obsessed with.
i don't consider marijuana a wrong thing.
it's human nature to try to have a sense for liking and even longing for that which is forbidden.

i would say scary. imagine if we were born and there was no concept of death whatsoever, what would it have been like then?

happiness, for me, can only be achieved by doing the right thing. we have degrees of doing the 'wrong' thing to make us happy. overall satisfaction perhaps makes one happy. living minimal and expecting less would make one more happy because the level of greed is very low and to satisfy that is easy. what do you say?

yeah.

people do NOT fear the unknown. sailors went sailing on a 'flat' ocean. they didn't even know it was round until they "risked their lives and faced fear".

at all cost.

everyone has evil inside them. some have more evil and some have less but there IS evil there.

truth. bitter or sweet.

most of the belief system is based on religion today. i repeat - not all but most. religion was meant to be 'one size fits all' but people today have tailored religion in a way that's very suitable to them.

peace and a little potion of land.

Is life serious?

depends. some say you live only once, live it your way. question is.. is THAT serious? it's you who makes it serious or not. for me, the only serious issue of life is about food and shelter. do whatever the fuck one wants.

yes. male female. good evil. god satan. sativa indica haha. criminals n' innocent. aeroplane boatride. hot cold. satisfaction and greed. birth and death.

probably - sloping to 'yes'

KingOfMyWorld
09-12-2007, 02:09 PM

I'm gonna go with love, I'd rather have the love of a good woman than a bunch of money that I have no passion to spend.

If you have no doubts, chances are you believe in yourself and the world is yours for the taking, obviously that never works out, who in history has made it to their goal by being full of themselves? Not anyone I can think of, but those that always question themselves, make themselves better and attain that goal...yeah take that psych professor that failed me.

Pride

So you remember that there are good things in life. If the good things never ended, would they still be good?

Yup...just to take it for a test drive, I'd never want to give up Mr. Winky in the long run, he doesn't have to push a bowling ball out!

Depends on who that one person is. Do I have an emotional or physical attachment to them? Have I ever?

Death, cold and silent...at least on tv it is.

Doing the right thing? I suppose you gain them by listening and learning, isn't that what they tell you in school?

If you can't love yourself, who can you love?

I'm important in my sphere, everyone has a sphere, yours affects those around you immediately, family, friends and the like. Not so much us internet people though, we're just words on a screen. But in my sphere, I would like to say I am important, and I matter to those that need me.

50/50, we get side tracked but most of us remember where and what we came from, and remember not to let everything go to our heads, in the long run.

Curse, I'd hate to live forever, the world would get awful crowded if everyone did it. Although I would like to have say a Moses lifespan of around 400 years or more. I feel like 60-100 years is too little.

Depends on the situation and who is involved, and the circumstances around the people involved. It's always a matter of what you perceive to be the right thing and what others believe is the right thing. Everyone has a different perspective.

I have a right to be happy if I want too. Just as you have the right to be a grouch, bastard or just plain rude if you want.

The uncanny ability of people to turn their fear into courage.

Nope, I would rather learn it on my own, than give up the chance and know it already...what's the fun in knowing without the experience?

Everyone is evil, because evil is what humans have decided to call their animal instincts. We are animals, we're like every other species, trying to prove to each other who is the dominant, who is alpha. By doing so, we are perceived evil by those who wish not to test their ability to be that alpha. Evil is a label given to animal instinct shown by humans rather than what we label animals.

Compassion is much more fun than truth, if you give me tons of compassion, I'm gonna feel it. If you tell me the truth, woo hoo you told me the truth, I can feel it now.

Most people get a really weird mixture of what they find out and are taught as children before they are given the choice to think for themselves, once they learn to think for themselves and form their own opinions, it often becomes the never ending internal struggle to figure out just which is right, the idea you've come to realize or that which your family has tried to instill into you. Eventually, probably late in life, one or the other will dominate and become the accepted way.

Life, liberty and taxes...isn't that the American way, without true liberty of course.

Is life serious?

As a heart attack, if I don't live, I'm dead, six feet in the ground, that's pretty serious to me.

Isn't there some phrase that says for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction? So I would assume if that statement is true, then the question holds true that there would be.

Well, yeah, you ever tried driving in 5:00 Atlanta rush hour?

hello3pat
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Love, what's the point of money with out someone to share it with?
The wise have known their mistakes
greed
because death is a bitch
I'm honestly not sure if I would, although it is enticing to know
Yes
depends on how your dieing, you could feel like a swift cold wind cutting deep into you, or you may feel nothing at all
Through how you live your life, taking chances and risks, and learning from the outcome
No, unless you have arthritis
yes and no, depends on how large a scale your talking about
yes. Fame, fortune, and vanity seems the high point these days , when it can rip peoples apart
a curse. What's the point of living if you can never feel it end?
I'd say doing the right thing
Of course we do, it's our inate nature to seek happiness
A healthy fear, that which you explore why you should or shouldn't fear something
Sometimes it seems that you must exchange innocence for wisdom in everyday life
No, I beleive that everyone is inately good, seeking happiness for ones self and to encourage others to more redily seek their happiness
truth, for without truth how can one be truly compasionate?
I beleive many people base their beleifs on what they are told, example organized religion
nothing but happiness is what we are entitled to
Is life serious?
It is if you make it so, but why do that when it's all a game your gonna lose?
nope, only my dopple ganger
yes, but thats a story for a different time

texas grass
09-12-2007, 03:46 PM
love or money which is better? LOVE

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts? BECAUSE A WISE PERSON USES THEIR BRAIN AND GOES THROUGH EVERY POSIBILITY

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed? GREED

Why do all good things come to an end? EVIL RULES THE WORLD

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it? NO

Would you kill one person to save a thousand? DEPENDS ON THE REASON, YES

What does death feel like? HURTS REALLY FUCKING BAD

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge? LISTENING TO KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE

Is it wrong to love yourself? NO, JUST CANT BE OBSESSIVE

Are you important? Do you really matter?EVERYONE IS IMPORTANT AND NOT IMPORTANT AT THE SAME TIME, IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU RELATE IF YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO THE SITUATION

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world? YES MONEY AND FAME

To live forever; a blessing or curse? CURSE

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing? MAXIMIZING HAPPINESS, A GOOD HAPPY PERSON WILL PROB DO THE RIGHT THING

Do we have a "right" to be happy? HELL YEAH

If people fear the unknown, then what is curiosity? ADVENTURISM

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom? INNOCENCE AND COMMON SENCE

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others? EVERYONE HAS EVIL AND IS GENERALLY TRIGGERED BY OTHERS

What is preferable truth or compassion? TRUTH

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why?THEY BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE TOLD BECAUSE THEY FEAR THE UNKNOWN AND THATS ALL THEY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT, MOST PEOPLE GET THEIR RELIGOUS BACKGROUNDS FROM THEIR PARENTS

What do you feel you are entitled to in life?HAPPIENESS FREEDOM PEACE GO ANYWHERE ANYTIME

Is life serious? NO ITS A JOKE

Does everything in the world have an opposite?YES, IT KEEPS THE WORLD GOING

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now?NO, BUT DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION, IF MY LIFE OR FAMILY WAS PUT IN HARMS WAY I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO KILL

thekhoso
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM

Isn't there some phrase that says for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction? So I would assume if that statement is

That's Newton's Third law of motion. great example you put up there buddy!

Jah420
09-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Love or money which is better?Love

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts? Because 'wiser' people are generally more observant and therefore and more likely to notice problems and imperfections which lead to doubts.

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed? Greed

Why do all good things come to an end? Because everything is impermanent

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it? For one day yeah

Would you kill one person to save a thousand? Most probably

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge? Wikipedia ;)

Is it wrong to love yourself? Not necessarily

Are you important? Do you really matter? No

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world? Yeah pretty much

To live forever; a blessing or curse? Curse

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing? Hapiness and ethics cross paths all the time.. it completely depends on the circumstances.

Do we have a "right" to be happy? I guess so

If people fear the unknown, then what is curiosity? The inbuilt human desire to acquire knowledge

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom? Yes

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others? There is evil inside everyone but it very rarely surfaces, dont confuse it with anger, bitterness etc..

What is preferable truth or compassion? Truth

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why? The latter, generally people will believe either what they want to, what they think they should, or what they have been told.

What do you feel you are entitled to in life? Freedom

Is life serious? Life is life. But I don't take myself seriously.

Does everything in the world have an opposite? really don't know

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now? haha probably

Peace :jointsmile:

imitator
09-13-2007, 05:36 PM

--------------

Love or money which is better? That depends on what you are seeking in your life. Personally, love.

Why are fools and fanatics always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts? Because some wiser people understand that they might be wrong, and that to state anything as a certainty is to ask to be wrong.

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed? Is there just one flaw to man? I dont think either of those options is the fundamental flaw of man. Its the imperfection of most men, which allows Pride, greed, gluttony, wrath, lust etc etc to take hold. So I guess maybe freewill is the flaw of man. Because of freewill, we are able to experience and embrace any and/or all of the deadly sins and other flaws.

Why do all good things come to an end? Do they? Buddha would say that beginning and end, birth and death, they are just notions. Personally, I think there is some merit in what Buddha says there, but I dont know if I completely agree with him. I dont think good things come to an end, because that good is still with you forever. You choose to put "end" onto whatever happened, and in that you detract from the continuing memory of whatever it is inside you.

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it? I dont see why not. Would be interesting. Some days I wish I could walk in other peoples shoes, just to live a life other then mine, preferably a day in the life of someone who I know and is around me.

Would you kill one person to save a thousand? Very limiting question, but to answer directly, yes.

What does death feel like? Havent been there, wouldnt know.

How do you gain wisdom and knowledge? Knowledge can be gained by just reading books, and other methods similar to that. Wisdom is hard earned though, through experience, and no amount of books can give you wisdom.

Is it wrong to love yourself? If you cant love yourself, how can anyone else love you? How can you love someone else? Thats not an excuse for vanity, but still..

Are you important? Do you really matter? I am important to many people around me, who care about me, for me, and come to me when they need my help. I matter to these people, and if I was gone tommorow, they would all experience loss because of it.

I also feel like I have something in this life that I was meant to do, whatever it is, I can sense great things within me, I just need time to figure out what they are.

Are we obsessed with all the wrong things in this world? Wrong by who's standards? Wrong by what measuring?

To live forever; a blessing or curse? Both a curse and a blessing. A gift with a price. I am sure there will be times when you would considering it a blessing, and other times that you believe it to be nothing more then a curse.

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing? What kind of situation are we talking about? If you put into such black and white terms as you have here, its hard to answer in any way but "doing the right thing". An example would work wonders for this question.

Do we have a "right" to be happy? I have a right to persue my happiness as long as its not purposely trying to affect others happiness.

If people fear the unknown, then what is curiosity? People fear the unknown because the unknown means something they dont know about. Curiosity is there because man doenst like not having answers, and some are bound and determined to figure out the unknown. Its a balancing act, and different people have a different balance of fear of the unknown and curiosity.

If given the choice, would you sacrifice innocence in exchange for wisdom? We already make that sacrifice every time we gain wisdom. We lose the innocence, and ignorance that was there before in regards to the subject, in exchange for wisdow and experience in the subject.

Deep down, do you think everyone has evil inside them, laying dormant? Does it just come out through our actions, perhaps triggered by others? If man has freewill, then he will always have the freewill to commit any type of action, evil or good. And let us not forget that evil and good are incredibly subjective terms, my evil might be your good.

What is preferable truth or compassion? A balance of both is important. This isnt one of those things that you can just have one or the other and be ok. A person with compassion but no truth is just as bad as a truthful person with no compassion. This is one of those many things in life that we constantly balance. I am sure most everyone can think to a time where they had to decide if it was better to not tell someone something to spare their feelings or something similar.

Do you believe that the majority of people in the world form their beliefs for themselves based upon what they feel, know, and experience, or do most people just believe based on what they want to believe or are told to believe? Either way, why? I believe that a large majority of the people that I have been around form their beliefs based on what they were around and told as a child.

Think of it this way, what is more comfortable, that pair of shoes you have been wearing for years that are perfectly broken in and made just for you it seems, or a brand new pair of shoes that you just saw and have never worn before?

If you were in a catholic household as a child, odds are you were raised to be a catholic. Its going to be a drastic change, and alot of different things will be before you if you decide to switch religions, or become agnostic/atheist. People, usually, prefer the familiarity and comfort of something that they have been around for years.

What do you feel you are entitled to in life? The chance to life up to my full potential, and nothing more. Give me the opportunity to do great things, and thats it. If I squander it, then that is my choosing, but give me the chance to do great things, and let me take it from there.

Is life serious? Its as serious as you choose to make it.

Does everything in the world have an opposite? Lets look at the opposite of that statement... Does everything in the world not have an opposite? Its a lovely paradox. Because if the opposite of that statement isnt true, then not everything in the world has an opposite. But if the statement is true, then it states that not everything is an opposite... lovely paradox. =)

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now? Ive come close to it once before, and after seeing what I had done to that person, I dont think I would unless it was truely neccessary.

Answers in bold, obviously.

ZenDennehy
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Never had an excess of both, so can't really say.
At this moment in time though; I'd take money.
Probably due to youth, but when I'm an old man; I doubt piles of money will stay by my side, if you understand

Wiser people contemplate things longer, the more you think on a certain matter; the more potential problems will arise.

Greed, by far. By that's my opinion
But in today's society I suppose pride. I mean, there's no place for it in the eyes of the general population, and the law. Someone who is greedy will probably have a lot more peaceful life.

Anything that has a beginning has an end.
Would you want all the good things in your life never to end?

haha, without a doubt, play with boobies

Depends on the one person, and the thousand who would die.
Some people, in my eyes, have more worth than three thousand

What does life feel like?
Answer me that, and I'll tell what death is like

I have a strong belief in personal experience, no matter how much people warn you of, or tell you of their own accumulated wisdom; I think somethings you just have to learn on your own.

In general yes. If you love yourself no matter what, then how do you better yourself?

I suppose in my circle of friends, my family etc
But outside of that; who really is?

Of course we are, again; how would we better it if we weren't?

Depends upon which life is eternal

Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do
The ends do not justify the means

No. Who says we have a given right to anything? We earn these so called 'rights'

Not all fear unknown. The majority probably do, hence why the majority of people wouldn't climb Everest

Pushed; I'd say no. Other wise we'd probably be miserable all our lives. I think some people need moments of immaturity just to level them out. Some people grow up too quick

Of course we have evil in us, who doesn't? I'm not talking about Lex Luthor evil, just little things. And what is evil anyway? I'd like to see someone define it

Compassion. If everyone went around telling the truth all the time; there'd probably be about 40 wars a day

Majority are told. I'm one of them. I didn't choose my religion, I was brought up on it by my parents choice. I'm not complaining; I enjoy my religion. Although some beliefs I have questioned, as well as admiring some aspects of other religions. Like I said earlier, the majority of people won't question what they have/are given. If we did; we'd all be philosophers.

Nothing

Is life serious?

It is what you make of it

No. Otherwise every country would be at war, constantly.

You mean no repercussions?
As in, none of the persons family members coming after me?
Not being shunned by society?
No guilt?
If so; then yes

Junket
12-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Love, once you've found it, you'll know why

Good question

Greed

You can always load another bowl..

Just to check it out

Makes sense..

We'll find out eventually

Through experiences

No

Do I really matter to humanity as a whole? no, but to the people around me i do..

Ya, wrong things usually feel so right lol

It would be cool to live for a while, but eventually would get tiring

Depends on the situation but do what makes you happy, as long as you aren't hurting others

No, pursue

Not sure

Probably

Is life serious?
Sometimes, but i try to have a good time no matter what

I don't really know what the opposite of the sky is? theres a couple weird ones, but for the most part ya

nah, i don't think so

lagstronaut
12-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Love. People who choose money are doing it out of love for money, so really love wins in both cases.

Because fools/fanatics see 1 dimension to every problem, whereas wise people have foresight and can determine different outcomes - so doubts surface about what steps to take in order to reach the desired outcome.

What is the fundamental flaw in human nature? Pride - or greed? Pride in it's best case scenario can create the most beautiful art, but greed in it's best days only serves to accumulate more worth attributed to yourself or your cause. So I say greed is worse

Why do all bad things come to an end? Because with time everything changes.

Yeah it might be a really great insight to the psyche of the female mind, whether out of interest or to be used to one's advantage.

That is the same thing as saying "Would you kill 1000 people to save 1?" I would not kill 1000 to save 1, and I would not save 1 to kill 1000.

What? Being dead? It feels like nothing, because feelings are emotions, and when you're brain cannot create emotions, you cannot feel. So death has no feeling.

Experience.

It is wrong NOT to love yourself. If you don't, find things about yourself to embrace. Egotism is not a sin

I matter to those who love me, and that is what is important.

Yes, unfortunately. We should be like the Pope when he said: "I will never attend an anti-war rally, but I will show up to every pro-peace function."

If those you love do not live forever, then it is a curse.

Maximizing happiness but not doing the right thing is like stealing oil from a nation to please your needs but slaughtering their citizens in the process. The right thing is ALWAYS the right thing, no matter if it makes you happy or not.

"Rights" seem to be things that are allowed to us by a higher power or group. Happiness starts within ourselves, and nowhere else. So while we technically don't have a "right" to be happy, there is no way it should be classified as a "right" in the first place. It is a neccessary emotion to live fully.

Not realising potential consequences.

Good question. It depends in what areas really, but in an overall scheme I'd actually prefer to be innocent again. It was much more appeasing, the ignorant bliss...

Yes. Sometimes.

Compassion. If a cancer patient is fighting his hardest and the doctor learns he has a 10% chance to live - I would not tell the patient that. It may dampen their spirits and cause them to give up the fight. If they believed they had a better chance they may fight harder - so in this case compassion wins

Everything someone knows is because that's the way they have perceived it, quite simply

Personally? It doesn't matter

Is life serious?
It's forced to feel that way as you age. Society does it to you.

Scientifically speaking I guess. But literally - most likely not. What's the opposite of blue? What's the opposite of 4?

If it was a common occurance, then alot of people would do it, probably myself included. If it wasn't a common occurance, then no.

KiRRANE
01-25-2008, 02:29 AM
I think I love both.

Because these people are slowly realising life is a lot more complex than what it seems.

Greed for sure.

All things come to an end, not just good things.

Yeah I guess I would try it.

Depends on the situation. If it's to kill one dude I don't know to save 1,000 people I do know then I am so doing it. If the situation is vice versa then fuck that.

I hope I can't answer this question any time soon.

The people around me and also greatly from my experiences.

Not if you do it in a healthy way.

Maybe to those around you who care most, but at the end of the day most of us don't really mean much.

It has come to the point where I think we might be.

Curse for sure. There is a time for everyone.

I find my self switching back and forth on that one a lot.

No, I don't think so.

An optimists view on the "unknown".

Yeah why not.

I think that everyone has the potential to become bad and with enough built up anger they will snap, but some people don't built up a lot of anger.

Truth

I believe that no one chooses for themselves these days. People follow trends like they are drones and it is just awful. I think the reason for it is just most people, especially at a certain age, can be very impressionable.

Death

Is life serious?
I'd like to think it's not.

Probably.

...probably.

jessem98
01-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Love. money is the source of, if not all, then most of human problem. if it were up to me there'd be no such thing.

Fools lack clarity to doubt, fanatics are too stubborn, and the wise learn.

greed. pride is something very good to have in my opinion (to a certain extent, cause it could border on racism, haha)

They don't. We seem to believe when they end for a moment, that they are gone, but in actuality theres many more to be had :thumbsup:.

If you could change gender for one day, would you do it?'
For sure. Ive always wondered how life differed for women and men. That is in terms of how your treated, etiquette, daily happenings, and the orgasm.

That's tough. If i HAD to kill the person to save the thousand then yes. If there was a chance they could be spared... i dont know, no one DESERVES to die. (except child molesters, they can all rot)

Depends on how you go into it. It could feel wonderful, or it could be the scariest moment in your life.

I study happenings around me. I try to react to them as best as possible, learn, and experiment as much as i can to get the proper formula.

Definitely not, but we must learn to love others first.

I like to think everyone matters.

Yes and no. Yes because the wrong things are what people crave to know for some odd reason. No because some of us aren't obsessed with the wrong things, were obsessed in seeing them corrected and resovled.

Curse. Death is part of life, as crappy as that may seem to some.

Definitely the doing the right thing. Ill admit im being kind of hypocritical, but there truly is no greater joy then in helping another person.

Thats tough. I like to think everyone who deserves it is happy, but sadly most of us CHOOSE to be unhappy. There is always something to be happy about... your alive, sun is shining, everyone has that.

We dont fear the unknown persay in my opinion. I think its merely the fact that the unknown wont turn out the way we would like it to, or might otherwise dis prove our way of life?

Cant answer that, thats like asking me to exchange an arm for a leg.

Everyone has evil. Some dont have the strength of mind to keep it at bay. It is very easy to hate, and very hard to forgive, but once we understand WHY we forgive, then it doesn't seem so hard.

ARGH! these are hard! both needed! Id go with compassion, but truth is close! We must always have compassion.

It's always a mixture of what we are told with what we believe, or otherwise think. Only the ones who truly branch off are labeled fanatics.

only what you are so graciously given. sadly we cannot choose what we are given in life, so we must make the best with what we have.

Is life serious?
Yes and no. It must be taken seriously to an extent.

Honestly, i dont know. I would like to think theres something out there thats pristine, and original.

I cant say for sure, but i certainly hope not... no one deserves to die, other than child molesters.

:thumbsup:

Darth Vapor
01-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Love. Money is waaaay overrated.

Doesn't that imply that you are certain, that fools and fanatics are certain of themselves? So which one are you? ;)

I'd be more inclined to believe that thinking pride and greed are bad things, is a fundamental flaw.

Bad things come to an end, just as often. But, good things ending are more obvious, because good things are missed, whereas bad things are not.

Yeah, but I'd spend the whole day trying to pick up chicks, so there'd really be no difference.

It depends on who the one is, and who the thousand is. If you mean random people, then yes. It is for the greater good. Tough question, though. Not something I could say I'd never change my mind on, either.

Death doesn't feel like anything. It's dying that hurts like a beeyotch.

Wisdom = reason + experience... Knowledge = a book, t.v., internet

No, but I also have things that I can't stand about myself, just like any other relationship I have.

To my family and I, yes. Same answer.

The people like what the people like, because the people like it. There is no rhyme or reason behind it.

Blessing, as long as I'm not physically aging, and impervious to all harm. I definitely might end up regretting it, but if given the choice, I'd choose "YES."

It is better to be good, than to be happy.

No.

To be human, is to be curious. It is intrinsic.

Yes. 'Innocence' is just a cute way of saying ignorant and naive.

Mine is not dormant.

Truth.

Keep it pithy.

Entitlement.

Is life serious?
Some of it is. Some of it isn't.

I don't think hair does. At least, I can't think of one.

That is an assumption that I haven't, yet.

sarah louise
01-31-2008, 09:46 AM

Love is nice but cash is more dependable.

the wise recognise how little they know, the fool is satisfied with how much they know.

neither, I am not a social darwinist

All things come to an end, the good, the bad and the indifferent, it's just that we mourn the passing of the good.

Probably scratch me balls and spend the day wanking

Couldn't say before the situation arose

As above

sitting at the feet of my elders

No

Only in as much as all living creatures can be considered important

I dont know who you mean by we?

Both

I have found doing the right thing is what brings the most happiness

No, I don't believe we have a right, as such, to any particular mood state. i believe we strive to be happy, this may lead some to believe thaey have a right of some sort.

a most delicious form of masochism

that would depend on whose innocence was to be sacrificed.

No

Compassion, truth too many times turns out to falacy. Compassion is always compassion.

i really dont care, i think i'm getting tired

I feel I should be able to live quietly in my own land, without government interference simply because I am an indigenous person.

Is life serious?

Only if you make it so

No

No

bhouncy
02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
If all society was based on love rather than the love of money the world would be a much more huggable place.

Fools have a limited view of the world.

I don't know. They are both destructive for different reasons.

The only constant is change. Although you could say that all good things could become better if we knew how.

I would rip up all my credit cards first.

No. I wouldn't kill anyone.

No idea.

Experience.

No. Being capable of love means you can spread it around.

Of course. Everyone is the most important person on the planet.

Far too much. Obsessed with crime and punishment instead of getting to the root cause and steering us towards a better world.

Depends on the person. I would much rather be reincarnated for new experiences.

Doing the right thing. And I decide what the right thing is.

Everyone does.

I love the unknown. And I want to know everything if it's possible.

If everyone had innocence life would be grand. Too many people like to take advantage of those who don't know.

No. I think people make decisions based on what they know and what we learn. I like to think everyone can be a good person through good teaching.

I would say compassion. I bring up my huggable society again.

Good brainwashing techniques can make almost anyone believe. As children grow into adults it gets a little more unpredictable.

Everyone is entitled to Bliss.

Is life serious?
Far too much.

Not sure. I haven't thought about 'everything'.

Highly unlikely because I would probably have been killed for being such a cunt :D

beachguy in thongs
02-09-2008, 06:56 PM

love

they want to know more

greed

They only seem to

No
No
It hurts.
Never stop learning
No
Yes. Yes.
No
blessing
Maximizing happiness

yes
Determination
no
no evil lies dormant, no one remains unscathed by others
truth
majority of the people believe what they want because the elderly population is growing
Air
Is life serious?
no
yes
If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now?no

dutchboy79
09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
i say love. you could live on a deserted island with only the one you love and be happy. if you were to love completely alone and be rich with no love, you would be unhappy.

i can relate to this one. not trying to toot my own horn, and I don't consider myself wise but i am full of doubts and there are only a handfull of things I am sure of. i don't know why. i can only speak for myself on this one. i am very slow to form an opinion. i question everything and everyone. i don't beleive everything i see, hear, read, etc...

i beleive it is greed. both cause man to do crazy things but I believe greed to be worse.

i beleive all things change, nothing ends. painful as it may be.

hoenstly - no.

yes, and I would kill a thousand to save a loved one.

freedom - like opening your eyes for the first time.

through lifes experiences.

no.

i do.

i beleive some people are, but I surely can't say everyone is.

To live forever; a blessing or curse? a curse

What is more important to you: Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, or maximizing happiness, even though that may not involve doing the right thing? i have done both and the first one definitely gives a much more gratifying feeling than the second.

no. we have a choice to be 'happy'.

I don't really understand this question. Without curiosity, I don't know what I would do.

no.

truth always.

i have the feeling that most people beleive things blindly. i don't know why. i can't understand why. maybe it stems back to religion. i'm not saying it's wrong to practice any particular religion, but why is it so looked down upon to question the existence of god? Maybe these same people accept things blindly from those in power. Galileo said I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reasons, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use
only what I have worked for

Is life serious?
at times, but for the most part i enjoy it with a light heart.

hmmm. that's a good. i've never really put much thought into that one.

If it was never illegal, would you have killed someone by now?no.