PDA

View Full Version : Remembering What It Was..

da dubs
08-19-2007, 11:35 AM
I grew up in a family of 5/brothers and sisters..and we all have different views on how our parents dealt with us as kids..
My views of my upbringing are mostly good,,me and my mother,tolerate one another,which is kinda sad in a way,as for my dad,,he died 8years ago,the day after my first childs first birthday,,now he was and still is my role model..a great dad,and a great man,,very forward thinking..
His way with me as a dad,is now reflecting like a mirror on me,,i,m finding myself doing the same things he did with me,i do with my kids,,yea sometimes your stressed from outside preassures,and the last thing you need is 3kids coming at you all talking at the same time,,this happened on friday,,and for some unknown reason,i stopped,,i remembered,how i was dealt with,and it brought back just how important it is to listen to your kids,,be involved,,
I,M still young enough almost39.to remember,what it is when this big person,payed attention to me,and i am enjoying getting down to my kids level,hearing them,and returning the favour my dad gave me..
This morning my 3kids all came into me and (joannes bed)there mam..and the love they had for us was amazing,,they made me feel like we are doing something right,it brought me back again to watching my dad shave himself in the bathroom as a 7year old boy,and the bond we shared together,and how he without my knowledge instilled this in me,
All i can do as a person and dad is my best,some days will be good,some bad,but i now know that i have a good foundation,and thats not a bad start..:) :hippy: