PDA

View Full Version : First time growin,somehelp

irishbud
01-20-2005, 08:04 AM
My plants (sweet dreams) are now 24 days into there flower cycle...The lower small leaves and the large top fan leaves are turning yellow....I wuld say there is more yellow leaves now than green...I checked my soil and got the following results....

Nitrate.......was LOW
Phosphorus.....was high to medium
Potassium.....was medium to low

Ive been useing the following nutrients....

Dr.Hornby advanced nutrients (big bud) 0-1-4
Advanced nutrients organic super tea .50-1.50-2.0

I've been watering the plant every 3 days maybe and giving it 500ml (half litre).....when giving it nutrients i add 2.5ml of each of the above nutrients in the 500mls of water....I may have gone a wee bit overbord with the nutrients and give it that same amount every 3 days for a number of days...Has anyone any ideas......Ill add a couple of pic's tomorrow so u can see it for yourself......

Thanks for you help

notanovice
01-20-2005, 12:25 PM
what`s your ph level????

heartsurgerysurviver
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Yes the PH level is important.
Are you putting in trace elements?
any magnesium sulfate?
peace
heart

irishbud
01-20-2005, 01:59 PM
I done a soil test yesterday and the PH level was nuetral....Meaning it was between 6.5 and 7...im growing in soil and i read that is perfect PH level????? The only things im adding are the nutrients i listed above....Wats a good thing i can get with trace elements???

Thanks guys.....

notanovice
01-21-2005, 12:36 PM
you are using the best nutes possible, advanced nutrients are far superior than most.
if it were i, i would cut back slightly on nutes, your small leaf dying problem is likely caused from not enough light getting to them, i wouldnt worry too much about those cause the lowest branches usually dont produce but minimal buds.
the larger fan leafs however, i would have to see them or get a better description of their problem, like, are they curling upwards or downwards?
are just the tips turning yellow, and how far does the yellowing go from the tip to where on the leafs?
hope i didnt confuse you

irishbud
01-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for replies people. this morning when i got up allot of leaves all over the plant seem to be turning purple, even the green leaves that are beside and coming out of the buds....I have attached some pic's....any ideas

llamaman666
01-21-2005, 05:56 PM
purple is fine, it looks like overwatering from the pictures

dylan
01-21-2005, 07:51 PM
i would say low nitrogen. plants still use it during flowering...although not as much

some large fan leaves fall off naturally during the flowering prossess, but your plant seems to have a bit too many yellow leaves for only being half way through the prosses.

irishbud
01-21-2005, 08:16 PM
The nutrients im useing contains a small amount of nitrogin as it doesnt use allot when flowering.....What should i do here....will i reduce the amount of water and stop useing the nutrients all together......they are 27 days in a 52 flower cycle...notanovice wat do u think mate????

P.S. when i water my plants i then leave it until the soil is completely dry, i check it useing a moisture metre...And i only give it 500mls of water every 3 days or so.....

Sensi Super Skunk
01-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Try giving them a trace amounts of nitrogen, and if it works, slowly work your way up, being careful not to give her too much nitrogen.

irishbud
01-22-2005, 06:12 PM
wat do u mean by a trace amount???? wuld it not be getting enough from the nutrients im already giving it

Sensi Super Skunk
01-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Give it a very small amount of nitrogen. See if it greens up a bit.

Sensi Super Skunk
01-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Does it look like growth is slowing or stopping too much (even though you're in the flowering stage), twisting of new growth, yellowing beginning at the edge of new leaf growth and then over the entire leaf ? If so, you could have a magnesium deficiency. This is what my grow book has to say about it, "The Best of Ask Ed: Your Marijuana Questions Answered": Quote: At the first sign of deficiency, Epsom salts should be used. The magnesium-deficient plants were sprayed to dripping once with a solution of 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts (MgSO4), which was also added to the water in the rate of 1 teaspoon per gallon. The new growth exhibited no signs of deficiency. :Unquote

MattakaSqueaks
01-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks for replies people. this morning when i got up allot of leaves all over the plant seem to be turning purple, even the green leaves that are beside and coming out of the buds....I have attached some pic's....any ideas

it looks like you need more watts on the plants, how many watts are you using? try to flush the soil and cut back on the neut's and the watering. only water when the top three inches are dry. what kind of circulation do you have, plants like lots of fresh air when flowering. hope this works

irishbud
01-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Im useing a 250HPS lighting system...I also have a fan on 12 hours a day when the light comes on....Also i open a door for a few hours which brings in cold fresh air....since i posted the thread and cut backon water and neuts i ha e not noticed any change

irishbud