PDA

View Full Version : Parents spazzin on me...

Foskers
08-18-2007, 02:04 PM
OK...so this is going to be like..a mega long rant...but I gotta get it off my chest.
I am 18...parents been FORCING me to go to church ever since I was like...8. So they believe all holyness and god and jesus and all that BULLSHIT. I absolutely...fucking...HATE church. I am there every Wednesday and sunday morning and night. I see NOTHING but the same people there doing the same thing over and over again. I have yet to see any evidence of god or any miracles. Much less anything for myself.

I still live with my dad. I am a horrible spender and cannot save money for a car. (dad gave me one but the god damn thing broke down like..3 days later.) My employer, (I work house contsruction for 250$ a week...) has laid me off for the last two weeks...

My dad is also a police dispatcher and He recently found out about my smoking of the beloved plant. However he happens to be somewhat cool about it. All he said was that if he caught me holding any in his car or house that he would arrest me himself...though he never said anything about me smoking it.

Next day he tells my mom and she has BITCH FIT. She is so god damn protective that she won't even let my sisters who are 10 and 6 go outside to play without close close supervision. So she flips out on me and goes on with the rant of "your killing your brain and your so smart and you can do better with your life and yadda yadda yadda.." we've all heard this argument.

She then goes on to threaten to take me to jail. Saying that I openly admitted to smoking marijuana and even driving under it's influences. This bitch is so hell bent on making me into gods image and what she wants for me that she is willing to take her own son to jail!? She also said that she was going to have my dad's house watched for cars that should not be there late at night. She said that if any car was over there that they and their vehicle should be prepared to get searched. (They are divorced and all my friends and I are night owls. 1 am is like..our morning.) What kind of sick twisted bullshit is this? I hardly think this is what GOD would want. Much less shoving religion and all that SHIT down my throat. As we all know..forcing someone to do something only drives them further away. Apparently she missed that day.

I mean...I want to stay on good terms with my mom. I love her. She has done alot for me....but I can't take her and my dad's religious bullshit anymore...nor can I take her over protectiveness and ranting anymore. I gotta get out...no matter what the cost...

I am not like most people.
My income and job situation and living arrangements DO NOT directly effect my happiness and contentedness with my life. I can work a minimum wage job and be happy. NOBODY seems to get this. I don't have to make a certain amount of money to be happy. There is more important things in life than feeling good...

Let me hear some opinions...

Foskers
08-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure but I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum...
Would this count as an experience?
Damnit...

DaPolarBear
08-18-2007, 02:08 PM
If it really bugs you that much move out. Your 18, of legal age to basically leave If i remember correctly. They might and probally will cut off any money they might be giving you or write you out of the will, but you are of legal age to just leave.

Foskers
08-18-2007, 02:12 PM
It's not that simple. Right now I got no car. No money. And no job that's worth a damn. Me and a friend are plotting to move into an apartment...But he is gone to chicago right now and I can't get things rolling without him. But when he gets back everything will be great. I am focusing on a car so i can get there...and he is going to get the place. When we both have jobs...paying for the place will be easy as hell...
I WANT TO MOVE OUT. But I can't right now...short of living under a bridge...Lol..

FakeBoobsRule
08-18-2007, 02:15 PM
My opinion is that you have a lot of growing up to do as well as you need to show your parents some respect. It isn't their fault you don't know how to save money and as long as you are living with one of them you need to respect that. What do you think will happen to your dad if they bust you with weed in his house when he works for/with the police.

DaPolarBear
08-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Hahaha, nice avatar BTW.

Aslong as your living under there roof and they are paying for you have to follow there rules... or atleast not get caught breaking them. but once you move out your basiclly free unless they like try and narc on you. But i doubt it. and since your 18 they can't legally try and stop you.

Foskers
08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Well...you think my parents are respecting me by shoving their god damn religion down my throat, Fakeboobsrule? I doubt it. I respect and love my parents as they have done alot for me and taught me alot. I would not be where I am now if not for some of the influences and direction they have given me. I AM thankful for what they are doing...but it seems like no help is in sight from this monotonous bullshit.

boston686
08-18-2007, 04:57 PM
unno ur moms deffinatley overreacted tho

cuz thas bullshit they cant juss search it for no reason newayz

but ur best bet would be to move out ASAP

Mississippi Steve
08-18-2007, 05:25 PM
I took my kids to church with me every wednesday, and sunday,when I had them and if they had weed in the house and/or were driving while under the influence, I would have taken them to the police myself too. I will *NOT* put my livelyhood or my pension at risk by my kids doing something stoopid. FWIW, I did 22 years in the US Coast Guard (read this as FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT). Both of my kids survived, and are doing well....one is starting her senior year in college on a full ride scholarship, the other one just started college.

You have 2 choices..... you can grow up, quit whining, and learn to respect your parents, and their wishes while living under their roof, or you can move out and make your own way, while you still think you know everything.

It isn't what you want to hear, but then again, lifes a bitch then you die.

Unknownfigure
08-18-2007, 05:45 PM
OK...so this is going to be like..a mega long rant...but I gotta get it off my chest.
I am 18...parents been FORCING me to go to church ever since I was like...8. So they believe all holyness and god and jesus and all that BULLSHIT. I absolutely...fucking...HATE church. I am there every Wednesday and sunday morning and night. I see NOTHING but the same people there doing the same thing over and over again. I have yet to see any evidence of god or any miracles. Much less anything for myself.

I still live with my dad. I am a horrible spender and cannot save money for a car. (dad gave me one but the god damn thing broke down like..3 days later.) My employer, (I work house contsruction for 250$ a week...) has laid me off for the last two weeks...

My dad is also a police dispatcher and He recently found out about my smoking of the beloved plant. However he happens to be somewhat cool about it. All he said was that if he caught me holding any in his car or house that he would arrest me himself...though he never said anything about me smoking it.

Next day he tells my mom and she has BITCH FIT. She is so god damn protective that she won't even let my sisters who are 10 and 6 go outside to play without close close supervision. So she flips out on me and goes on with the rant of "your killing your brain and your so smart and you can do better with your life and yadda yadda yadda.." we've all heard this argument.

She then goes on to threaten to take me to jail. Saying that I openly admitted to smoking marijuana and even driving under it's influences. This bitch is so hell bent on making me into gods image and what she wants for me that she is willing to take her own son to jail!? She also said that she was going to have my dad's house watched for cars that should not be there late at night. She said that if any car was over there that they and their vehicle should be prepared to get searched. (They are divorced and all my friends and I are night owls. 1 am is like..our morning.) What kind of sick twisted bullshit is this? I hardly think this is what GOD would want. Much less shoving religion and all that SHIT down my throat. As we all know..forcing someone to do something only drives them further away. Apparently she missed that day.

I mean...I want to stay on good terms with my mom. I love her. She has done alot for me....but I can't take her and my dad's religious bullshit anymore...nor can I take her over protectiveness and ranting anymore. I gotta get out...no matter what the cost...

My income and job situation and living arrangements DO NOT directly effect my happiness and contentedness with my life. I can work a minimum wage job and be happy. NOBODY seems to get this. I don't have to make a certain amount of money to be happy. There is more important things in life than feeling good...

Opinions? Alright. My opinions are as follows...

I see many flaws in that situation. Of course with your mother being uneducated about the facts (which is not really your fault, it's hers for blindly believeing in the Government), and then in you. Your father seems like a pretty cool guy. I actually wouldn't mind being stopped by him. He does have the right to arrest you if he catches you doing something wrong, and he would be right for that, because he is a cop. And if you possess or commit anything illegal in his presence, in his house, or in his car, that is in blatant disrespect for both him AND that law. I won't even begin to critique your Mother, because it's obvious as to what she really needs to do.

Now. Religion. I think you have failed to understand the concept. God will never directly do anything for you. That is why you have never experienced a "miracle." Has anything good happened to you, out of nowhere, due to the graciousness of others? Say, like your father buying you a car? THAT can be considered as a modern-day miracle from God. Or any other things, such as good luck, finding money, etc. But religion is not just about getting what you want, Religion is worship. Some people believe that if you truly worship His being, you will be allowed to pass through the Pearly Gates and into Heaven. Worship is something you do selflessly, that is why this concept is dieing out, because young people like you think it is pointless. Bringing me to believe that you are a little self-centered. Example: You say you bring in about $250 a week, and you live with your Dad, who is a police dispatcher. Now, they don't make a whole lot of money, yet he STILL bought you a car, which that right there saved YOU alot of money. Then you complained that is broke down. Now I know it is something to complain about, but it's nothing to attack your Father with, since you do bring in income, and you can fix it if you really want to. But apparently you don't, because you haven't saved any money. Being a "terrible spender" isn't an excuse in life to never get what you really want, because if you REALLY wanted your car fixed, you would save up.

I do have a suggestion for you. Since your father doesn't seem as thick-skulled as your mother, I suggest that you speak to him about you not feeling that Church and Holy worship is not for you. If he disputes, again make the point that you have been doing it for ten years, and you have come to the conclusion that is truly is not your place in life. Being as religious as you say, he should understand.

/endpost

ChronicJoint
08-18-2007, 06:52 PM
you dont have it that bad actually. if you dont read the story (i just noticed how i kinda went on my own rant, haha) atleast read the opinions i give you at the bottom (the last 2 chunks of text)

when i got caught (i was 15 at the time) i didnt have the chance to move out and my mom and step-dad were on a cruise at the time. so i went to go stay with my sisters in their house for a while. one of them did not care at all, the other still smoked but she was being a HUGE hypocrit. they both smoked ciggarettes and didnt want me to tell my parents about it, but they kept bleeding the beans about me to anyone they saw. the one kept bitching at me saying i was ruining my life. so i eventually told the one to stop being such an ass about everything and if she wants me to keep her secrets she better learn to keep mine as well. then i got a call from my brother (navy) and he pretty much calls me a terrorist because "all the drug money goes to south america, the south americans buy guns and KILL USA SOLDIERS!!!". so i get on a plane to fly home [older brother is there(i was on vacation at an old friends house)] and i get there and he asks for my wallet cellphone and ipod. so i ask him to show me the power of attorney my mom gave him and he gets in a piss fit because i know my rights better than he does. and he tells me to go to my room. i refused (i had 2 projects to finish up before school started again) and he grabbed me by my neck and threw me into the stairs and stole all my stuff (wallet cellphone and ipod, i didnt have any weed) and tore my room apart looking for all my "drugs tobacco pipes and lighters", ended up not finding any cuz i was the king of hiding things. then he came down in a pissy rage because he found nothing and continued to throw me around in an attempt to get me to go get them for him. i told him if he didnt stop i was going to call the cops on him. he eventually stopped (at this point i had cuts all over me[small, not big] and my shirt is torn.....im in tears because ive had a hard time breathing as ive been choked pretty much) so i call the police. the officer arrives and talks to him first. and comes and talks to me and pretty much says "sounds like you overreacted, stop smoking pot"...........that further reinforced my HATE for the government and police force. they were supposed to serve and protect and they didnt do shit. they inhaled his huge breath of bullshit lies and beleived every word of it. then my brother left a few days later to go back to his house for work. and i waited a week until my mom and step dad got back from their cruise. and when they got home i got everything that could resemble fun taken away. i was pretty much locked in my room until the next summer. all i was allowed to do was go to school come home do homework eat and sleep.

that probably explains why i only talk to my one sister and avoid talking to anyone else from my family. that was a few years ago though so im slightly less pissed off about it now. just be happy you have what you have right now and start saving your cash. life isnt about buying drugs and alcohol its about paying the oil companies. you pay them first then you pay whoever else you need then you buy what you want.

oh i almost forgot about them forcing their beleifs onto you. tell them you think god is a bunch of bullshit and your going athiest. i dunno whatll happen after that because my family wasnt a bunch of loonatics about that stuff, but if i was in your situation thats what id do.

Lankan Lion
08-18-2007, 07:07 PM
uh, don't wanna sound harsh or anything but you're 18, and it's your parents house. That's pretty much all that matters. If they don't want any marijuana in their home then you really don't have any right to disobey them. That's the price you pay for living there. If you can't live with that, then you need to figure out how to put some money together and move out.

No idea what that shit about church has to do with anything. I'm guessing your moms faith is important to her so shitting all over it probably isn't going to get you too far. Explain to her that while you respect her beliefs and her dedication to her faith, it's not something that connects with you and it's not really part of your life or who you are. If she can't accept that, then again...you'll probably have to move out.

You're 18 and while that legally entitles you to a whole new world of freedom, it also means that legally, your parents really have no reason to put up room and board for you other than the fact they love you. Be grateful for that and just deal the hand you're given.

Jadian21
08-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah I'm going to agree with most of the rest of the posters here. You simply have to put up with the bullshit until you can do something about it (By this I mean move out, not smothering your parents while they sleep.)

I moved into a 1 bedroom apartment with 3 other people when I was 16 because I couldn't handle living with my folks anymore and we were all too broke to live on our own, but at least we had our freedom (well to us it felt like freedom.) Start saving money, try to get along with your parents the best you can in the meantime, and when you have things set up just bounce and say goodbye.

blazed_babe
08-18-2007, 07:33 PM
um yeah dude, a lot of the other posters are right. you live in your parents house. as long as you living under their roof and they pay the bills, then you gotta respect their wishes until you can move out. sucks that you don't have a car and such or money to move out, and not to be a bitch, but hey dude, that's your own fault. you should have saved, so start saving now!!! if getting out of your parents house is reeeeeeally that important, then quit smoking and save that money to move out or fix up your car or something. maybe all your money isn't going to smoking, i dunno. but whatever it's going to, curb your spending on that and save the money!!!!

as for the religion being shoved down your throat...well, same thing happened to me when i still lived with my parents, then luckily i went off to school 5 hours away, and they couldn't do shit about it. but i still had to abide by a lot of their rules because they supported me financially. so recently, i was tired of putting up with their shit ( don't assume i'm being a whiny 20 year old, you don't know the whole story, if anyone wants to know i'll be glad to tell it) and so last saturday, i left. i just moved from their house in mississippi and then moved in with my boyfriend in maine :) i'm oh so happy, and i love it. yeah, i no longer receive any kind of financial support from my parents but man i'm so much happier and stress free. i've been struggling to make myself happy and my parents happy, and i felt like it was compromising who i am and who i want to be, so i just was like "i'm 20, i can make it on my own" so i cut myself off from them financially and just left :)

but man my parents were the same way about my smoking. i got caught a couple of years ago, and they flipped the fuck out, and my dad was kind of cool with it, because he was a stoner and did a lot of harder drugs when he was younger, he just didnt want me to smoke ever, and my mom believes all the propaganda bullshit. so i'm screwed there. and they don't know that i have continued to smoke and still do since i was caught a couple of years ago with their bullshit random drug test.

i love my parents so much, and they've taught me a lot. but it was time for me to move on and grow up and become responsible. so now i'm taking care of things myself.

anyways dude, just chill, and if you live under your parents roof and they pay the bills, then dude you should respect their wishes.

Foskers
08-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I understand what you guys are saying...about the respect and whatnot...and for the most part I do. And yes my dad has been really cool about this. I never thought about my smoking in his house or around it could have jeopardized his police career. (He hopes to go the academy and become a full fledged officer.) I admit...I did not think about any of my actions in doing so, However. We only smoked at his house a total of like...3 times. at 3 in the morning. The chances of a cop driving by or ANYONE seeing at that time of day is simply ridiculous. And ever since then...they've started in with the pot and weed jokes on me...which I feel are somewhat abusive. Example:
"Hey Foskers, Did you (do this) or (do that)?"
Me:"Uhh..not I didn't get around to it...sorry."
"Ohh...I see...I guess you were to busy smoking pot or were stoned..."
Me:"..."

It seems that when I first posted this I was posting out of simple rage...But now that I am cooled down and maintaining a general dislike of them...I am thinking...I can work the "good boy" bit long enough to get out of here. I can do it because I did it ever since I was 10. Thanks anyways for your opinions and observances...though some were not what I wished to hear...it is the truth. I simply gotta suck it up and figure something out..

Thanks guys.

Foskers
08-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Oh and another thing..someone mis understood me...at the time when dad gave me the car...I didn't have the $250 a week job...I was working at McDonald's...and they were giving me such shitty hours it was not even believable. I believe for around a whole month I worked 4 hours a week...on saturday....so his help was appreciated...He's just one of these guys who believe in working for everything you get. God damn southern traditions and religions...lol...

Foskers
08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Haha, dad bought me a car! It's the work of the Lord!

Haha... sorry.

Rough situation, Foskers. You should try more on your end to fix it, though. About the weed and shit anyway... the church thing... meh. You either believe or you don't. And if church isn't doing anything for you, nobody has a right to force feed it to you. After all, what was the reason this country was settled?

XD LOL...all religion is laughable to me. I can't tell you how many crippled and sick people go into this church and leave...EXACTLY the same way they went it. When I bring this point up to my mom she had this reply...
"It may be the lords wish for them to be like that..."

well...it seems to me that the lords wishes aren't what these people want or need...otherwise why would they bother praying for their disabilities to get better?
BECAUSE THEY ARE UNHAPPY WITH IT.
She just doesn't seem to grasp this...

Foskers
08-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I took my kids to church with me every wednesday, and sunday,when I had them and if they had weed in the house and/or were driving while under the influence, I would have taken them to the police myself too. I will *NOT* put my livelyhood or my pension at risk by my kids doing something stoopid. FWIW, I did 22 years in the US Coast Guard (read this as FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT). Both of my kids survived, and are doing well....one is starting her senior year in college on a full ride scholarship, the other one just started college.

You have 2 choices..... you can grow up, quit whining, and learn to respect your parents, and their wishes while living under their roof, or you can move out and make your own way, while you still think you know everything.

It isn't what you want to hear, but then again, lifes a bitch then you die.

If smoking is "stoopid" as you said..then why are you on a forum board? You yourself are risking your pension by posting on this board....I understand why you took your kids to church now...I neglected to look at your name the first time around. God damn southern bible belt...
I live in alabama...I know how it is...

Matt the Funk
08-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Your mom is just a dumbass, i'd not listen to her. Your dad seems nice, but he wants to be a cop. Stay away from him too. You need to get a fucking job. Save up money. And move. Maybe move into an apartment with a couple friends. Stop bitching and do something. Once you are moved out keep in touch with the family, but keep the weed discreet. Hopefully if you continue to save money, you can move into a house on your own.

Lankan Lion
08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I understand what you guys are ]
And ever since then...they've started in with the pot and weed jokes on me...which I feel are somewhat abusive. Example:
"Hey Foskers, Did you (do this) or (do that)?"
Me:"Uhh..not I didn't get around to it...sorry."
"Ohh...I see...I guess you were to busy smoking pot or were stoned..."
Me:"..."

dude, speaking as the son of an alcoholic, calling that "somewhat abusive" is a slap in the face to anyone who's ever actually been abused as a child.

It's not abuse and I think you already know that you really have no grounds to complain. I guess if its therapeutic for you to vent here then more power to you, but otherwise you just kinda sound like your bitching about how unfair your life is.

TheDefiler
08-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I wouldnt tell either of them where u move either. They might just be crazy enough to have your place staked out....LOL!

collieflower
08-18-2007, 10:21 PM
nice avy

Foskers
08-19-2007, 12:45 AM
dude, speaking as the son of an alcoholic, calling that "somewhat abusive" is a slap in the face to anyone who's ever actually been abused as a child.

It's not abuse and I think you already know that you really have no grounds to complain. I guess if its therapeutic for you to vent here then more power to you, but otherwise you just kinda sound like your bitching about how unfair your life is.

I don't mean that as a slap in the face...I was just raised EXTREMELY sheltered. OK...by the age of 11...the scariest movie I had seen at that time...was Jurassic Park. My mom hung over me like a damn umbrella.

Foskers
08-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Your mom is just a dumbass, i'd not listen to her. Your dad seems nice, but he wants to be a cop. Stay away from him too. You need to get a fucking job. Save up money. And move. Maybe move into an apartment with a couple friends. Stop bitching and do something. Once you are moved out keep in touch with the family, but keep the weed discreet. Hopefully if you continue to save money, you can move into a house on your own.
Everything just got good.
My uncle...who happens to smoke a lil weed everynow and then...just offered me a job.
My life just turned completely around!
Ignore this thread...
HIGH FIVE!

ChronicJoint
08-19-2007, 12:55 AM
VERY NICE! HIGH FIVE!!! :thumbsup:

snowblind
08-19-2007, 01:25 AM
in this situation you gotta be the man and bare it out. your parents wont change, they are set in there ways probably from there parents, from life. we all get tainted for good or bad in the end.
you wanna move out, get a better job.
if you cant get a better job get a better education
you gotta respect your dad, he puts a roof over your head and food on your table. you get busted he looses his job you both got nowhere to be.
your young, your in those twilight years where you feel grown up but you got alot of growing to do in your head.
maybe your dad don't wanna see you go down the route he must see a thousand people go down.
fair enough you dont mind workin minimum wage, but if you cant afford to roof and feed yourself then it aint enough is it.
your parents are perfect and religon may not be your thing, but at worst at least its time to catch a fw z's
arent there any hot christian chicks there

peace and progress
snowblind

Foskers
08-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Hehe...a few...and most are hypocrites aswell...which means open pussy! Hypocrite Christians are really horny...try me on this one...I experience...I do sleep in church...it's just the principal of that matter...forcing religion on me...
I KNEW when I posted HIGH FIVE i would get a Borat response..
It ranks up there with some of the greatest movies to watch when your stoned...

burnable
08-19-2007, 06:32 AM
"I am not like most people.
My income and job situation and living arrangements DO NOT directly effect my happiness and contentedness with my life. I can work a minimum wage job and be happy. NOBODY seems to get this. I don't have to make a certain amount of money to be happy. There is more important things in life than feeling good..."

I get it. I ditched a lucrative sales job to be a full-time dad. It was easy to earn money. but The more I made, the less comfortable I was. I was actually selling a product that educated people too, I just hated the ratrace and felt annoyed that I was relying on an institution for income. People look at your salary as the only mark of accomplishment, but any putz that can speak the language and is willing to lick a little ass can earn a decent income.

So I let my wife worry about flow; I'm going to study botany and literature cuz those're interesting and I'm not aiming it at a career. I do intend to measure my success by the net amount of positive vibes I can contribute to the world, probably ecological protection.

I have a friend who also doesn't consider money very important, but he's 25 and been going from fastfood job to fastfood job, and he's content not making much and feels more enlightened and moral than most because of it. I want to tell him that feeling would be more justified if he was still ambitious in some nonprofit sense, like a collective cause.

He still lets money define him; he's just anti-money. Too many people use the flaws of capitalism as an excuse to not work hard in areas that really matter, or areas that are personally valuable. We can't allow a polarizing effect when we look at avaricious corporate monkeys, meaning we don't have to be drifting hippies in order to protest. We can still work hard and stick it to them cause we're not in it for $$. I hope you feel what I'm spraying there.

Your mom sounds just like mine. When the cops brought me home when I was 17 after getting caught puffing, my mom insisted that my older sister follow me to my classes throughout the next day, which she found absurd and ignored. It's an exercise in absolute futility to use reason to get many of the older generations to see weed as it is, even the ones who've smoked it. There was so much taboo and danger in doing it that they believed, just like everyone else, that it was an evil drug.

Quinn The Eskimo
08-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Money may not have a direct impact on how happy you are. But I bet freedom does. If I were in your situation I'd get a job and start saving money. Once you got a bit of cash saved see if one of your buddies (who has a job) wants to rent an apartment with you. once you have done that its all smooth sailing, keep your job, while being on the look out for a better one at anytime. Also try and avoid spending anymoney on weed during the moving period. Anyway thats just my opinion. Good luck

Foskers
08-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Money may not have a direct impact on how happy you are. But I bet freedom does. If I were in your situation I'd get a job and start saving money. Once you got a bit of cash saved see if one of your buddies (who has a job) wants to rent an apartment with you. once you have done that its all smooth sailing, keep your job, while being on the look out for a better one at anytime. Also try and avoid spending anymoney on weed during the moving period. Anyway thats just my opinion. Good luck
The whole apartment with a friend bit?...that is EXACTLY what I am doing...Lol...

Rabbit Lion
08-19-2007, 08:00 AM

you seem to be just like me...thats pretty much how i feel.

dont you just hate it?

Foskers
08-19-2007, 08:20 AM
I loathe it...but things are improving greatly...I suggest for now...you suck it up and be "nice" I just found out...if your parents beleive you to be being good and nice...they are more apt to give you more freedom and space. Not long til I get out of here...so I can be nice and polite for a month...

Mississippi Steve
08-19-2007, 12:51 PM
If smoking is "stoopid" as you said..then why are you on a forum board? You yourself are risking your pension by posting on this board....I understand why you took your kids to church now...I neglected to look at your name the first time around. God damn southern bible belt...
I live in alabama...I know how it is...

Consider what I have said so many times on here......

Don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it. What you do in the privacy of *YOUR* own home is your business, and nobody elses. (yes I own my my own home)

Use your head, and a little common sense....it will keep you out of a hell of a lot of trouble. Now get yourself a little attitude adjustment, go back to school, and get yourself a real education so you can make a real living. Yes, most everybody starts pushing a broom unless they are born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

From what I see in your posts, you could stand a healthy dose of humility also. You have a lot of growing up and maturing to do yet.

Consider that anything that is worth having, is worth working for. Nobody is just going to hand you a living. Thats why they call it *EARNING* a living.

Foskers
08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
You apparently didn't read my posts close enough otherwise you would see that I have learned in the course of the last few hours that being nice and respectful is far more beneficial to me than rebellion. And you mean to tell me you never smoked in your parents house or did no acts of rebellion as a teen? Please...
I don't CARE what job or living I EEK out...as long as I live one and happy doing so...it doesn't matter what the fuck I do for a living...be it being Bill Gates assistant...or shaving elephants with a blowtorch for minimum wage. It's my prerogative and my life. I will do with it as I please. Who are you to judge what quote"real living" is? Just because I don't make a certain amount of money that nulls the rest of my life as not "real"!? What bullshit.
And as if you couldn't tell from my typing and grammatical skills and general vocabulary usage...I have no need nor use for school anymore as it was a complete bore for me. I knew everything they had to offer. So I dropped out. And for your information, I plan to get my GED and return to college possibly to earn a degree in computer/telecommunications. One of my friends is in line to become DIRECTOR of a local hospital and he wants to bring me in as an intern. I could be making upwards of 50,000 a year no problem... So if I WANTED your so called..."real Life" I could have it as easy as getting my GED and going to the local Junior College. Don't give me that bullshit. But what you and everyone else don't get is...maybe that's not what I want or need to be happy...There is more to life than having money and a successful career.

FakeBoobsRule
08-19-2007, 01:42 PM
As far as them shoving religion down your throat you will soon learn that in life the only person's actions you control is yours. So you can tell her how you feel or move out. I'm not saying her forcing her beliefs on you is the right thing. Remember 2 wrongs don't make a right so showing her disrespect because you feel she is disrespecting you doesn't make it right.

Now here are some interesting quotes about money and living on your own.

It's not that simple. Right now I got no car. No money. And no job that's worth a damn. Me and a friend are plotting to move into an apartment...But he is gone to chicago right now and I can't get things rolling without him. But when he gets back everything will be great. I am focusing on a car so i can get there...and he is going to get the place. When we both have jobs...paying for the place will be easy as hell...
I WANT TO MOVE OUT. But I can't right now...short of living under a bridge...Lol..

I loathe it...but things are improving greatly...I suggest for now...you suck it up and be "nice" I just found out...if your parents beleive you to be being good and nice...they are more apt to give you more freedom and space. Not long til I get out of here...so I can be nice and polite for a month...

You don't want to live with your parents anymore and you are trying hard to move out but money is needed to do this. What you are saying and how you feel aren't congruent at all. Look at the first post of yours I quoted. A job, money, living arrangements, your happiness, they are ALL related. It isn't that much different than most people even though you don't see it. So get a job, save some money, move out, and you and your parents will be happier and probably get along much better.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Mississippi Steve
08-19-2007, 02:50 PM
You apparently didn't read my posts close enough otherwise you would see that I have learned in the course of the last few hours that being nice and respectful is far more beneficial to me than rebellion. And you mean to tell me you never smoked in your parents house or did no acts of rebellion as a teen? Please...

>>Please what??? No I *NEVER* smoked in my parents home.

I don't CARE what job or living I EEK out...as long as I live one and happy doing so...it doesn't matter what the fuck I do for a living...be it being Bill Gates assistant...or shaving elephants with a blowtorch for minimum wage. It's my prerogative and my life. I will do with it as I please. Who are you to judge what quote"real living" is? Just because I don't make a certain amount of money that nulls the rest of my life as not "real"!? What bullshit.

>> Try to tell me that again in 20 years and keep a straight face.
>>My definition of a "decent" living, is to have a roof over your
>>head, food on the table, reliable transportation, and no worrys
>>about paying the bills. If you want to live under a bridge, thats
>>ok. Most adults aspire to more than that.

And as if you couldn't tell from my typing and grammatical skills and general vocabulary usage...I have no need nor use for school anymore as it was a complete bore for me. I knew everything they had to offer. So I dropped out. And for your information, I plan to get my GED and return to college possibly to earn a degree in computer/telecommunications.

>>Sorry, I am not gonna bite off on that one.... there are lots
>>of "wannabes" out there. There is a lot more to education than
>> being able to express yourself.

One of my friends is in line to become DIRECTOR of a local hospital and he wants to bring me in as an intern. I could be making upwards of 50,000 a year no problem... So if I WANTED your so called..."real Life" I could have it as easy as getting my GED and going to the local Junior College.

>>So quit your whining and *DO* something. The only thing
>>standing in the way of you doing or being what you want to
>>do or be is you.

Don't give me that bullshit. But what you and everyone else don't get is...maybe that's not what I want or need to be happy...There is more to life than having money and a successful career.

>>Your obviously not happy about your life, lack of money and
>>circumstances in general.... so *DO* something about it.
>>When you over 50 as I am, then tell me how you turned out.
>>Until then, have a nice life.

stinkyattic
08-19-2007, 03:04 PM
It's not that simple. Right now I got no car. No money. And no job that's worth a damn. .....When we both have jobs...paying for the place will be easy as hell...

Sounds shaky. Sounds harebrained. Sounds like an eviction if you don't both get jobs... Job FIRST, then apartment.

Until then, your parents take care of you. Respect them.

You may be 18 but I don't hear the voice of maturity here.

Reefer Rogue
08-19-2007, 03:14 PM
No one can 'force' you to go to church. However, Jah will always be there for you one day if you choose to go. I believe instead of blaming God for your struggles, you should think about creation, how you came to be, embrace existence while you can

Their bars could not hold me
Force could not control me
They tried to keep me down
But Jah put I around

silkyblue
08-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Honey,

Im sorry for your parents they are in a fog of dissolved dreams
we cant pick our fam
mine were toxic at times mine did stupid things with their free time I wouldve gave my eye teeth to be stoned as a child
it woulve helped get me through itall

things have a way of working out they [parents in general] worry about your wellbeing and peace of mind
they need to make sure your "safe"
we all need to know "we are safe"

Are they being totally honest with you? whats with the "lecture on every corner from both barrels"
talk, talk, talk
be honest, be yourself tell them how much you love them and their home

its good to fight, [non abusiveness please]
ya cant tell em they are ugly and old
they are gonna need your youth when they "get old"
tell em to be careful

"karma, simple karma":

Id continue to "hide the popcorn", smile, and say 'praise the lord' with the bible in your hand

its a 'brand new day' here on this beautiful Earth!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hold fast :)

<>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Quinn The Eskimo
08-19-2007, 11:46 PM
The whole apartment with a friend bit?...that is EXACTLY what I am doing...Lol...

LOL, well done

Foskers
08-20-2007, 02:26 AM
As far as them shoving religion down your throat you will soon learn that in life the only person's actions you control is yours. So you can tell her how you feel or move out. I'm not saying her forcing her beliefs on you is the right thing. Remember 2 wrongs don't make a right so showing her disrespect because you feel she is disrespecting you doesn't make it right.

Now here are some interesting quotes about money and living on your own.

You don't want to live with your parents anymore and you are trying hard to move out but money is needed to do this. What you are saying and how you feel aren't congruent at all. Look at the first post of yours I quoted. A job, money, living arrangements, your happiness, they are ALL related. It isn't that much different than most people even though you don't see it. So get a job, save some money, move out, and you and your parents will be happier and probably get along much better.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting something constructive and helpful. I appreciate everyones help in this matter.

Foskers
08-20-2007, 02:29 AM
No one can 'force' you to go to church. However, Jah will always be there for you one day if you choose to go. I believe instead of blaming God for your struggles, you should think about creation, how you came to be, embrace existence while you can

Their bars could not hold me
Force could not control me
They tried to keep me down
But Jah put I around
I don't mean to be an ass....But I have more important things to be doing than worrying about my spirituality and soul and how I got here. Right now...that stuff is the last thing on my list of worries...slightly below why poopie is brown. :rolleyes:
I embrace existence...I just don't care to know or bother who and why I am here.

Foskers
08-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Sounds shaky. Sounds harebrained. Sounds like an eviction if you don't both get jobs... Job FIRST, then apartment.

Until then, your parents take care of you. Respect them.

You may be 18 but I don't hear the voice of maturity here.
You misread my text. Or I did not type it clearly enough. I meant that we both will have the jobs first. We are not going to get a place without first being able to support it.

MadSativa
08-20-2007, 02:38 AM
hahah voice of maturity........ If I ever sound like that shoot me I value the knowlege of the young they usualy have not been corrupted yet

opticaldata
08-20-2007, 04:14 AM
250 a week for construction, im going to guess that your a layborer. how many hours a week do you work?

Reefer Rogue
08-20-2007, 12:15 PM
I don't mean to be an ass....But I have more important things to be doing than worrying about my spirituality and soul and how I got here. Right now...that stuff is the last thing on my list of worries...slightly below why poopie is brown. :rolleyes:
I embrace existence...I just don't care to know or bother who and why I am here.

Like i said, no one can force you to go to church or believe in God.

Foskers
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
250 a week for construction, im going to guess that your a layborer. how many hours a week do you work?

I used to work 40...but I told my boss just not to worry about it anymore. He kept laying me off...so i told him to fuck it I would find somewhere else that would give me hours. I already found someone else..

ntcrawler
09-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Respect Authority be it your parents/boss. Kiss ass, lots of it. You really do have a lot to learn and I hope things get better.

KISS ASS. Kiss it and say it tastes like chocolate. I mean it goes a long way and it is harder for some people then others but it will be rewarding and will bring you a step closer to where you wanna be. Your BEST(probably not what you want) choice is to get a GED and join the navy. They will train you and pay you.

The above probably isn't what you want to hear but I think most every one else got it correct I just wanted to reinforce some things.

Storm Crow
09-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Someday, google "Jesus cannabis". Give the results to your Mom. It might be fun! (I'm being wicked today!)- Granny:hippy:

Canadian_Cron
11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
hahaha... dude ive sooo been there with the religion bullshit... i had to go to sunday school till i got confirmed (end of the line as far as sunday school goes, i was 16) after that i tried refusing to go to chruch but that just ended up being a big, but sometimes i got my way... i ended up not going anymore once i got a job at a warehouse and had to work every sunday (my way of getting out of it. i figured id rather make $$$ than waste my time sitting somewhere where i dont give 2 shits about what there doing bored outta my mind).

Basically your parents are just trying to do what they think is right for you. i didnt really see that then but now that im moved out i see it now. you just gotta ride out the religion crap... as shitty as it sounds.if you can get a valid excuse why you dont have to go thats the key. other than that theres not much point in arguing, you always lose even when you win... haha trust me they just get pissed off at you even more later.

sound like your going through a rough time with your parents on top of that as well. i know what its like and it sucks. some advice dont bother arguing, just make your point and leave it at that, cause theres really not much you can do about it, just lay low for a bit this the situation cools off a bit.

completely know where your coming from tho... trust me lol!

Canadian_Cron
11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
sorry guys, things got crazy, shit got fucked... and BAM!

Double Post!

chasepalmer
08-30-2008, 09:34 PM
some gad advice there ^