PDA

View Full Version : Game Dog Enthusiasts

dylan
08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
These are some APBT pics showing where this amazing breed came from. I hope you all enjoy, and feel free to post any pics you have aswell :jointsmile: recent or old!

One must learn/understand the past to improve the future!

ntcrawler
09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Nice pics.

stinkyattic
09-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey hey easy there.

Let me start off by saying I LOVE Pit Bulls. It's a great breed, smart, loyal, trainable, and often comical- every Pit I've ever met has been a wonderful and devoted pet.
Their history is less than savory but certainly bears understanding if you really want to know how the breed became what it is today.

Dog fighting is profoundly immoral, not to mention illegal, and I don't want to see any chatter supporting it.

However, some of the qualities that were bred into Pits, Staffies, and other Bully breeds for success in the ring are what makes them such versatile animals today. Weight pull, personal protection, obedience, agility, and even hunting are all well within the abilities of a properly trained modern game dog. I'll link to some of those sites on here as well.

I own a bully breed myself, a Boxer x OEB, who is built so powerfully that she would have made a fabulous weight pull prospect had she not suffered a period of malnutrition as a stray before age 2. It's a really neat sport that celebrates the athleticism of these fine animals without harm to them or anything else for that matter.

So let's try to keep this discussion positive, okay? If I see anyone talking about fighting his own dog or attending such an event, it's gonna be a ban, nuke, and LOCK. Don't ruin what could be an interesting thread for the rest of us.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

OLDE ENGLISH '800
09-28-2007, 08:10 PM
i love the bully breed most of the dogs i have had have been pits amstaff's and bulldogs my current bully rosemary is a beast when it comes to weight pulling. she has amazing drive and strength if my camera hadn't of broke i would post some pics of her in action.