PDA

View Full Version : Help installing cd onto my laptop

cannabis campbell
08-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Now as some of you may know i made a thread a few weeks back about my laptop having a few problems and since then because of all the people who helped that amount of times my laptop freeze's has gone down a lot haha :) but I just wanted to say thanks for the help.

I have another problem I need to install a cd onto my computer so I can revise the theory tests and hazard perception videos there is no other way this can only be revised on a laptop/computer and I only have a laptop at my house at the moment.

On the back it says this..

system requirements:
Operating system : Windows Me / 2000 / XP
CPU Type and speed : Pentium III 600 or equivalent
Hard Drive space : 60MB
Memory : 64MB
DVD-ROM Speed : 2x or faster
Printer : Required for printing vouchers
Graphics : Any 100% directX 9.0c 3D compatible graphics card (800x600x 16 bit colour)
Audio : Any 100% DirectX 9.0v compatible sound card
Internet Access : Required for downloading updates access money off vouchers/insurance offer.

Now the problem is then when I put the cd in i can hear my laptop going louder and working extremely hard but then the laptop does not even detect the CD at all is this because I dont meet the system requirements or what I know i have windows XP, I dont know how to find out my CPU speed or type? I've definately got more than 60mb on my hard drive but I thought that and memory were the same thing? I dont know how to find out the speed of my dvd-rom, I have a printer and dont know about graphics but I have 32 bit colour im pretty sure, obviously have audio with the laptop and internet access so could anyone whos good with stuff like this offer me any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Anubis10012007
08-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Either you don't meet the requirements, your disc is defective, or your player is. Do you have a good video card too? Do you have a CD-ROM drive, or DVD-ROM drive? Is the disc a DVD-ROM? You mentioned that it requires 2x for DVD so this is telling me that it is a DVD-ROM, which case you will need a DVD-ROM.

Check these first.
Memory and CPU: Right click on your My Computer and than Properties. For a Laptop...I would recommend no lower than 512MB of RAM.
Hard drive: Right click on C drive and than properties.

cannabis campbell
08-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Do you have a CD-ROM drive, or DVD-ROM drive? Yes.
Do you have a good video card too? How do i check?
Is the disc a DVD-ROM? Erm dvd-rom yeah dvd video same thing right?
Im pretty sure i have an ok drive it works ok with dvd movies..

KingsBlend420
08-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Go to my computer and double click your CD drive if you haven't tried that already.

cannabis campbell
08-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Yeah I tried that but that makes all the noise start up again :wtf:!?