PDA

View Full Version : why does my ppm go up each day.

mrxthethcman
02-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Help whhy does my ppm go up each day, I started of on a reading of 18,and then check it everday.ifound that it has risen 1-2 ppm per day can anyone help

NowhereMan
02-13-2004, 12:08 PM
parts per million

of what,>?

mrxthethcman
02-13-2004, 03:05 PM
sorry i didnt say what in did i.
i've got a 16 pod flood and drian system, the nutrient tank is at the bottom
this is where im having problems.I start off with appm reading of 18 cannas veg and then check it the next day and the reading from the nutrients tank has risen. help :confused:

mrxthethcman
02-13-2004, 03:15 PM
sorry i didnt say what in did i.
i've got a 16 pod flood and drian system, the nutrient tank is at the bottom
this is where im having problems.I start off with appm reading of 18 cannas veg and then check it the next day and the reading from the nutrients tank has risen. help :confused:

bonbon
02-14-2004, 05:53 AM
top off the resevoir first and check it again,the water uptake is concentrating the solution :confused:

mrxthethcman
02-17-2004, 06:55 PM
thanks for that it worked

WidowMaker
02-17-2004, 07:26 PM
I noticed a very small increase after 2 days, AFTER I last topped off tank also...I suspect a mistake, but I'll check again today...Is there any way the plant could not absorb nutes and only water??? :confused:

bonbon
02-18-2004, 07:34 AM
A plus or minus ph imbalance can cause that,if you have a meter adjust the solution to 5.8 or litmus strip to 6.0,a well aerated reservoir will keep nutrient's from settleling on the bottom.

WidowMaker
02-22-2004, 12:45 AM
I forgot to check before I added water, so I think it was an error before...I start with 5 gallons of GH nutes and add water each day for a week and then change...the ph goes up steady, from 6.0 to 7.0 over 2 days, and uses 2 gallons of solution...the concentration decreases steadily also, from 2.4ms to about 1.2ms or so...seems about right for the 3 plants I have...

dave
03-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Help whhy does my ppm go up each day, I started of on a reading of 18,and then check it everday.ifound that it has risen 1-2 ppm per day can anyone help
check your reservoir daily and if the water level has gone down but the ppm has risen you can tell that the water is being used either through evaporation or through transpiration faster than the nutrients are being used. this can be caused from temp problems or ph probs causing the nutrient to be blocked from the plant. if the water level goes down and ppm stays the same this shows plants are using their food correctly. when your water goes down but ppm has risen add water and adjust ph. if the problem keeps occuring u need to think about environmental factors that may be affecting it. usually through lack of old air going out and new air coming in hope this helps ;)