PDA

View Full Version : pet health insurance

napolitana869
08-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Does anyone have experience with pet insurance? What are your opinions of it? Is it something thats worthwhile to get?

Bluntmasterbabe
08-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I have heard alot of good things about it. If you have an animal that has some kind of health problem that require tests and meds all the time, it's definetly worth it. I thinks it's a small fee every month, like $10 or $20, and if you compare that to the full price you would be paying for each and every prescription and vet visit, you'd save alot of money I'm sure:)

slipknotpsycho
08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
if you love yoru dog i'd say it's about as important as human medical insurance... IF something happens, it can get pretty expensive.... when i had my shih-tzu and someoen stepped on his leg and broke it, it cost hundreds.....

DraconiusAldavo
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah I'd definitely recommend it. Furthermore, they have pet prescription plans now as well if I heard correctly. That would be a VERY wise investment, as you'd be able also to save money on routine things like heartworm, flea, and other sorts of meds. That's just my opinion though, as you might spend tons of money for it and your pet may rarely get sick. I'd rather play it safe and be sure though. Good luck to you and your little friend ^^b

napolitana869
08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I think I'm going to get it. Now I have to figure which one to get. Apparently there are lots of different plans.

twoguysupnorth
08-05-2007, 04:17 PM
there is one called carecredit, its not so much insurance as it is a medical credit card though. some dentist and doctors are accepting it for humans too.

rosie
08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
If your pet became ill or was in an accident and you didn't have insurance, you'd likely kick yourself, unless you're wealthy enough to pay the vet bill yourself... I think if you can afford the premiums, it's well worth it. Check Vet Insurance - Home (http://www.vetinsurance.com) to compare with other companies. They have a lifetime coverage of $20,000 for each pet, and I don't think there's a deductible.

Purina is now offering pet coverage but I think the deductible is quite steep, depending on which policy you have.

Good luck with whichever one you go with!