PDA

View Full Version : for those who have vista upgrade 'coupons' and what not....

slipknotpsycho
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
mods please leave this here for a day or so....

anyways, billionfold just found out the hardway and when you install vista through the 'free upgrade' option, your xp becomes invalidatable.... meaning you can no longer use it.

since vista really does suck monkey balls.... I HIGHLY SUGGEST no one 'upgrades' (since it'd be a downgrade) just letting everyone know... before you find out the hard way too

(btw his thread can be found in the computer section.)

BUZz UK
07-31-2007, 08:50 PM
My god vista is bad. Stay with XP for about 2 years, until Vista is fixed, and we all have PC's that don't slow to a crawl under the strain.

Nation_1ne
07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Vista isn't bad at all, it does have some issues but no more than Windows 98 did, or Windows XP did when they were first released. Most of the issues people have suffered are through gaming. This isn't entirely Vista's fault either, it's to do with some driver issues or lack of from GFX card manufacturers. I can tell you now, my next PC upgrade will be a Vista machine. DX10 is were it's at.

I agree it is wrong to make your copy of XP invalid through using this Vista coupons thing. I did hate Vista when i first read about it, I now feel it's on the right track.

invision
08-01-2007, 12:41 AM
i have Vista on my work computrer and i hate it, i cant network anything for the life of me on it, it doesnt like most of my devices, its a ram whore, nothing is compatable with it.

BabyFacedAbortion
08-01-2007, 01:03 AM
nah uh, invision..you're a ram whore ;)

qdavid
08-01-2007, 01:13 AM
OOh

Harry Pot Head
08-01-2007, 04:53 AM
nah uh, invision..you're a ram whore ;)

I here sheep here :eek:

rebgirl420
08-01-2007, 04:59 AM
I like my vista....but it was expensive as hell

partyguy420
08-01-2007, 05:43 AM
i have Vista on my work computrer and i hate it, i cant network anything for the life of me on it, it doesnt like most of my devices, its a ram whore, nothing is compatable with it.

my dad is having the same problem with vista....hes a computer technition/ internet technition... for an office of about 50 people, and then they also sell out there internet to about 18 homes(they plan on building a tower, to sell internet to the local town and what not)

but anyways... he ordered 3 computers 2 with vista... one vista computers went to the cop station(this is on a indian reservation, and they have their own police force) and they couldnt get the printers or scaners or digital cammeras or anything else to work on the new cmp.... because of the vista... cause it all worked just fine when they had it running on XP... but yea.. so far i will wait until all the bugs are worked out... and they have drivers for everything to be instaled on vista...

fuzzybeaner
08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
mods please leave this here for a day or so....

anyways, billionfold just found out the hardway and when you install vista through the 'free upgrade' option, your xp becomes invalidatable.... meaning you can no longer use it.

since vista really does suck monkey balls.... I HIGHLY SUGGEST no one 'upgrades' (since it'd be a downgrade) just letting everyone know... before you find out the hard way too

(btw his thread can be found in the computer section.)
i dont understand wat ur saying u say"when you install vista through the 'free upgrade' option, your xp becomes invalidatable.... meaning you can no longer use it" are u saying that u cannot use both xp and vista at teh same time or that u can never go back to xp? if ur saying u can't use both then thats obvious unless u do a dual boot, and it is totally possible to revert back to xp using the recovery cd's that u should have burned or u can call the manufactuer and purchase them. also i believe but am not %100 but i remember hearing sumitn about it but i think there is a feature to just revert back to xp if u don't like vista.

fuzzybeaner
08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
my dad is having the same problem with vista....hes a computer technition/ internet technition... for an office of about 50 people, and then they also sell out there internet to about 18 homes(they plan on building a tower, to sell internet to the local town and what not)

but anyways... he ordered 3 computers 2 with vista... one vista computers went to the cop station(this is on a indian reservation, and they have their own police force) and they couldnt get the printers or scaners or digital cammeras or anything else to work on the new cmp.... because of the vista... cause it all worked just fine when they had it running on XP... but yea.. so far i will wait until all the bugs are worked out... and they have drivers for everything to be instaled on vista...
most of that could have been solved by simple updates from the manufacturer of ur periphreals website. but i do agree to a point, vista is kind of an uneeded hassle ATM.

slipknotpsycho
08-01-2007, 03:01 PM
loook at billionfold's thread in the tech forum..

he had xp, and i'm guessing it came with one of those 'free limited time upgrade to vista' coupons... anyways, he had to reformat so decided to go ahead and give vista a shot... after realizing it sucked he learned he can't reinstall xp becuase his registration codes are no longer valid...

no it has nothing to do wtih dual booting :p

http://boards.cannabis.com/tech-related-computers/127048-vista-rants.html

birdgirl73
08-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Is it OK if I move this to Computers/Tech now, Slip? I think you might get more response there, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Nightcrewman
08-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I've said it before and say it again
Vista is the pits best to be avoided see if you can trade your upgrade vouchers for something more useful like a colonic irrigation session.

NCM

slipknotpsycho
08-01-2007, 03:08 PM
yeah i spose so wanted to make sure people had a chance to see it before it retires to the depths only the nerds venture to o.0

birdgirl73
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
OK, thanks. Will do. I got your email, by the way. Wasn't sure how to respond, so I'm still pondering it. If and when I ever decide what to say, I'll write back!

the image reaper
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
VISTA blows chunks (slowly) ... :wtf:

fuzzybeaner
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
loook at billionfold's thread in the tech forum..

he had xp, and i'm guessing it came with one of those 'free limited time upgrade to vista' coupons... anyways, he had to reformat so decided to go ahead and give vista a shot... after realizing it sucked he learned he can't reinstall xp becuase his registration codes are no longer valid...

no it has nothing to do wtih dual booting :p

http://boards.cannabis.com/tech-related-computers/127048-vista-rants.htmlwhen u say registration codes im guessing u product key? hmmm thats interesting, i wonder y it wouldnt be valid anymore because the windows product key shoudl still be valid. i do technical support for hp labtops and we are able to revert them back to xp after the free upgrade no problem, but maybe thats just hp? wat kind of computer are you doing this on?

slipknotpsycho
08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
when u say registration codes im guessing u product key? hmmm thats interesting, i wonder y it wouldnt be valid anymore because the windows product key shoudl still be valid. i do technical support for hp labtops and we are able to revert them back to xp after the free upgrade no problem, but maybe thats just hp? wat kind of computer are you doing this on?

you'd have to ask billionfold :p i just made the thread to warn others...

i have an hp and vista came on it... but like i said, wasn't me having theproblems