PDA

View Full Version : me myself and I's grow log

me myself and I
07-28-2007, 05:33 AM
High to all!

This is my first "serious" grow. I've grown here and there years ago with no clue as to what I was doing beyond sticking a seed in the dirt. Tried a trial run a few months ago with some bag seeds, learned from it what I could then scrapped it.

Got some Mandala seeds. Planted all 10 on 7-23, at almost midnight, so technically it was 7-24

Since 6 of them sprouted today, I figured I'd start my own log here for a couple of reasons...
1 - I've learned a LOT reading the forums and faq's so I thought if I learned from other's posts/grow logs then mine can add to the info (hopefully not a log of what NOT to do! lol)
2 - so I can keep track of my grow
3 - and lastly, of course to get comments and suggestions from those that know much more then I do

I've got a poor man's (or in my case poor girl's) grow room set up. It is in my bedroom so obviously space was a bit of an issue. And I do mean poor...this is the best I can do for now as far as putting money into it. Plus I prefer simplicity in everything I do so this will be no exception.

Ok, back to what matters....
mandala seeds (#1)
sprouted on 7-27 (6 out of the 10 so far)

I'm using good quality potting mix, and put a spoonful of FINE soil on the seeds when I planted them so they wouldn't have any chunky stuff in their way. Watered well and let Mother Nature do her thing.

Didn't want to deal with transplanting so they went directly into the buckets. I'll add more dirt in a week or so. Using 5 gallon buckets, 4 of them. One hanging shop light (on a timer) and I'm thinking the lights are 40w? I could be wrong, wishing I hadn't thrown away the boxes they were in oh well. Plus 2 60w plant lights in old lamps. Doing 18/6 for now.

The walls are white, so that took care of 2 of the 4 sides, the other 2 are white shower curtains I staple-gunned to the ceiling that hang down. I wish they went another foot lower, but they don't, but it will be good for air flow. On the outside I staple-gunned 2 black flat sheets so that I wouldn't be woken up and blinded every morning at 4am LOL and also so my project wouldn't be visible when I open my window to let in the fresh air.

Not giving them anything but water yet.

Will take a photo and post it tomorrow after the lights come back on :)

me myself and I

me myself and I
07-28-2007, 05:38 AM
hmmmm...actually I don't see the option of uploading images.
phooey!
Regardless, I'll take the photos and then upload them when (if?) the option is available to me.

me myself and I

forcus master
07-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey there. Good luck for your grow! :thumbsup:

me myself and I
07-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Thank you :)

Well, I've taken photos of the 27th and today (the 29th).
I'll keep them for a while in case I'm able to upload them later on, but I still don't see the option for uploading photos so there's not really much point in keeping a log with out photos. Sorry.

Anyway, all 10 have sprouted. They are about 3 inches tall or so. One is doing a curly Q thing but aside from that they all look pretty nice! Quite happy so far!

me myself and I

Raskolnikov
07-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Hi you, yourself, and the rest of you. I for one am interested in seeing pics of your progress. What I did was start an account at photobucket.com and link the pics from there.

You won't be able to attach pics directly until you have 50 posts. But you won't get 50 posts if you don't update your log now, will you? :stoned:

Good luck with your grow!

me myself and I
07-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Oh!!! It's a number of posts thing! Thanks for filling me in on that :)
Pics to follow major posting haha

me...just me.
The other 2 had enough sense to go to bed already.

Psycho4Bud
07-30-2007, 02:42 AM
And that doesn't mean you build the post count with a dummy thread. Nice try though..........:thumbsup:

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

me myself and I
07-30-2007, 04:08 AM
lol i saw that didn't work!
ah well, that's what I get for mostly reading and rarely posting.

me myself and I

me myself and I
07-30-2007, 04:15 AM
but at least you know I know how to count! hahaha :)

me myself and I