PDA

View Full Version : are parents getting worse....

slipknotpsycho
07-26-2007, 08:27 PM
or am i just noticing it more now?

Baby Found Dead In Car In Concord - News Story - KCRA Sacramento (http://www.kcra.com/news/13757790/detail.html)

Bluntmasterbabe
07-26-2007, 08:32 PM
That is horrible...so sad.
You don't just forget about an 11-month old. Not possible.

Blitzed
07-26-2007, 08:35 PM
I think people in generally are getting worse, the world is falling to shit.

MaryJaneScott
07-26-2007, 08:43 PM
couple weeks ago, a lady gave birth to her baby in a wal mart bathroom in my city.... and then left it there.

bhouncy
07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
I just think it's sad. Of the Billions of people on this planet there is always a chance something tragic like this will happen.

ghosty
07-26-2007, 08:48 PM
I guess now wouldnt be the time for dead baby jokes huh...
No on the real, anyone who neglects and forgets a fucking child, a living breathing human being, as if it was his glasses or wallet should be punished hardcore. I hope he does some hard time.

exactly... how the fuck do you forget that your own kid is sitting in the backseat, i mean that's just mindnumbingly retarded... poor kid

birdgirl73
07-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Those stories break my heart. They're so preventable and the hot-car-baby syndrome is so unfailingly deadly. I think I was reading in the paper two weeks ago that Texas has the most of those deaths anywhere each year during heat season. There was one here in the DFW area late last week.

I'm not sure parents are getting worse, Slip. I think they're just busier and more distracted, particularly if both are trying to work. Now that I think of that, I think that probably does qualify for "worse," at least where the poor, innocent victims, the babies, are concerned.

I try and keep my sympathies in place for both the babies and parents. When mama or daddy are woefully sleep deprived, distracted and harried, which is how parents tend to be under even the best of circumstances when they have small babies or toddlers, I can see how circumstances could make such an accident possible when all factors collude against the distracted parent and hence the baby. What I cannot see is how any parent ever continues to live on after that accidentally happens.

baisez le monde.
07-26-2007, 08:53 PM
I would think that if someone is that stupid to leave their own child unattended in a car, they would be too stupid to even figure out how to have sex... guess not.

bhouncy
07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I would think that if someone is that stupid to leave their own child unattended in a car, they would be too stupid to even figure out how to have sex... guess not.

History is littered with absent minded geniuses.

ghosty
07-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Those stories break my heart. They're so preventable... What I cannot see is how any parent ever continues to live on after that accidentally happens.

Yes, that's the troubling part, although you pointed out how factors can add up to where it is possivle, it just seems to be an act of carelessness no matter how I look at it.... I imagine something like this would be very hard to move on from, emotionally scarred from the incident itself, and also how perceptions of people from the area would change and perhaps never let the incident die out... it would be very hard.

GoldenGoblin
08-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Outta my gene pool!!!

da dubs
08-09-2007, 05:29 PM
i dont think parents are getting worse,,
i think people in general are becoming
selfish,and also we are growing in a time
with easy access to all sorts of dreadfull
stuff,people are becoming immune to
violence,,
i know one thing for sure since i became
a dad,9years ago,it changed a lot about me,
and my outlook on life..for the better,,which
i am very greatfull..
but if you hurt my kids,well,,i would kill for
them,,but i reckon,most parents feel like that..:) :hippy:

JD1stTimer
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Here's a good one. The article I read said that they smashed her head on the tiles repeatedly, then stuffed her in a plastic box and kept it in a storage shed for two months. They then took her to Galveston and dumped her body in the ocean, and it was later found by a fisherman. What are they charged with? Injury to a child and tampering with evidence. No shit... where's the murder in the first charges? Maybe the legal system is getting worse too.

"Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, of Spring, gave a statement to investigators Friday that details the final brutal hours of her daughterâ??s death, according to affidavits used by investigators to get arrest warrants for her and her husband, Royce Clyde Zeigler, 24.
Trenor told investigators she and Zeigler beat the little girl with leather belts, pushed her head underwater in the bathtub and smothered her with a pillow and couch cushions, according to the affidavit. She also said Zeigler picked the child up by her hair and threw her onto a tile floor, the affidavit says."

FlyGuyOU
11-28-2007, 06:30 PM
i think you guys are all wrong, i dont think people are getting worse, i think we are getting better. think about it? back in the day people thought if you were left handed you were posessed. people would kill one of a pair of twins. in hunter/gather societies people would abandon newborns if they didn't think they could support them. children with birth defects would be killed, or sent away and forgotten. parents have always been doing back alley abortions. what we see today is media sensationalism.
don't forget that most people are good, even when all you see around you is bad

JD1stTimer
11-28-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't think we're talking about comparing it to all of history, just the past 50 years or so in the U.S. and Canada. You're partially right about sensationalism, but I honestly believe this would not have happened 50 years ago, because they would know that if they did something like this the state would end the life of the man pretty soon after the trial and the woman would be in a hospital for the criminally insane for the rest of her life, where she would probably be drugged into oblivion, abused, and humiliated daily by the orderlies. I think nowadays you know you stand a good chance of walking free in 5-10 years, especially for the woman.

tek(bdm)
11-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Exactly what he said above me. Except were not getting better or worse. Its just how we see in our minds what's good and what not. Basically its human nature and therefore there is always gonna be that injustice in our culture.

FlyGuyOU
11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
but even within the last 50years or so, i think we are getting better. people didn't have the fear of getting caught like they do today. there wasn't techno-dick cheney-hyper flying sensor probes bugging your phone and sequencing your dna to find out if you're predisposed to being a serial killer.
try and imagine how many babies were left or abandoned in the 60's and 70's people going wild on acid and shit. those are stories not often told.
the frequency of things going on might increase but so has the population. i will give you the pressure of the world today puts some serious stress on all of us and that could spark increases of 'irrational' behavior

psychocat
11-28-2007, 07:32 PM
A few years ago my brother came home and said my help was needed, I asked why and he said some woman had locked her keys in her car and inside was a very young child.
I used to be a car thief so I went round and opened the car for her, I wanted to ask her what the hell she was thinking leaving such a young child unattended but the police arrived as I was opening the car so I decided to discreetly leave.

The story that I read in todays paper made me question how suitable some people are to have kids.
Officials: Skeletal Remains Of Baby Burned On Grill Found - Home Backup News Story - WEWS Cleveland (http://www.newsnet5.com/home-backup/14693007/detail.html)