PDA

View Full Version : would you want this cat?

slipknotpsycho
07-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Oscar the cat predicts patients' deaths - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070725/ap_on_fe_st/death_cat;_ylt=Aj1lj.kYTVVsxf._pgv7Z3wDW7oF)

bhouncy
07-26-2007, 02:57 AM
I would prefer a cat that predicts the lottery numbers.

4twentE
07-26-2007, 02:58 AM
LMFAO. It's death incarnated as a cat! But good question. I love some cats and this one seems to have something going for it. I know animals can predict things like that. They can smell hormone changes and seem to have some sort of telepathic sight into the physical and mental health of their companions. Sometimes they see us better than we see ourselves. I've heard of dogs panicking when their owner is about to have a heart attack or something like that. It's crazy. That's one cool cat. It's also probably nice to have an animal come lie with you while you die to. But if I was in a nursing home in poor health, but still have a fighting chance, that cat better stay away from me. But since I don't expect to die anytime soon (maybe motorcycle wreck; cat can't help me then) I'd like to have a cat that did something like that.

sam44
07-26-2007, 03:06 AM
its not unlikeley that cats have some senses that humans dont have.

birdgirl73
07-26-2007, 03:12 AM
There are dogs known to the cardiological world who have the ability to smell or pick up on subtle changes in cardiac enzymes that can signal oncoming heart attacks, just as there are dogs who can smell and detect cancers and, I believe, imminent seizures.

I prefer my animals to warn me of impending doom with simple barks or meows.

420_24/7
07-26-2007, 03:21 AM
or maybe its like a magical cat that uses its powers for evil and is killing old folks for his own sick pleasure.:giggity:

bhouncy
07-26-2007, 03:25 AM
or maybe its like a magical cat that uses its powers for evil and is killing old folks for his own sick pleasure.:giggity:

More like it. The Christians used to hang cats for their evil 'witch' powers.

Purple Banana
07-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Sure, if I were going to die, why not spend my last hours in the company of an animal?

Would suck if you're allergic to cats, though. Have your last hours with itchy red eyes and stuffed up nose.

zino11
07-26-2007, 04:29 AM
id cuss that cat out everytime i saw it "its not fuckin time you cat go bother someones gramps" lol

BizzleLuvin
07-26-2007, 04:31 AM
....thats not creepy at all.....

twoguysupnorth
07-26-2007, 06:23 PM
i'd like to cuddle up with an animal for my last few if i was going to die. a friend has a dog that actually has medical status and wears a vest for just this type of incedence. hes allowed in stores and where ever she goes because this dog can seeminlgy predict when she is about to go into seizures. no i dont know the liscence involved but her and a doctor believe in it and the state allows it.