PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Sixology

Melkane
07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
I just last week finished having a six movie marathon of Star Wars. I must say that I really don't think the "New Trilogy" ruins the series, in fact I think besides a few minor plot holes and some bad acting (that plagues all 6 movies) I think they do well for eachother. The only thing I think the new trilogy does that may be considered "harmful" to some would be the fact that Darth Vaders secret he reveals in Empire is not a plot twist to a person that's seen them in chronological order.

I think the 6 movies together alter things for the better though in many ways you actually feel sympathetic to Vader, there's a larger since of epicness when Old Obi Wan meets Vader in battle. There's even a greater sense of respect for Yoda after watching him have those two lightsaber fights in the NT. I also feel the NT gives a large boost to Darth Sidious's character.

Another thing I really enjoyed about the movies is since the Original Trilogy was filmed so long ago it works very well as far as "aging" goes. C3PO and R2D2 for instance look quite worn in the original trilogy after viewing them in the new trilogy as all new and shiny. The OT would look a little too dated but thanks to some of the digital additions that Lucas made to the OT it evens it very well. Also the light saber fights are progressive as well. In the NT you have lots of Jedi in their prime and practice and the lightsaber fights are grand, fast paced and full of great trick, but in the OT all the Jedi except 3 are dead, 2 of which are old near death one is young with hardly any practice. And Vader is not only old, but his limbs are all machine.

Unlike many SW fans I don't hate Jar Jar Binks, he's not my favorite character or anything but hey he's there for comic relief for the young kids and lets face it Star Wars has always been a movie series for young and old alike. :vader1:

Unlike most people I didn't get into Star Wars through the movies, it was the awesome Knights of the Old Republic games on Xbox that brought me into the series which I enjoy just as much as the movies. I wish we had a star wars game with HK-47 as the main character.

On a lightly related note: We have 16 registered Darth's here on Cannibis.com. It's highly irregular to have so many Sith, that hasn't been seen since the days of the Knights of the Old Republic. My question is out of all the sith on this board, who is the Sith Lord and who is the apprentice? And whats' their
midichlorian count?

me myself and I
07-30-2007, 03:19 AM
I didn't think the new ones hurt the orig 3 either.
I love watching them all!

S.W.I.M. 504
07-30-2007, 03:59 AM
star wars

is

the shit.